User Tag List

Page 1357 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 357857125713071347135513561357135813591367 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,570 of 13847

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I remember one of the semi-finals, the one we won 2-1 having gone 1-0 down against the run of play. I think that was the season we lost to Liverpool in the final. It was when we were going through that "absolutely spanking teams but not actually scoring many goals" phase. Anyway, I remember on the way back to the car I got chatting to some Spurs fans who said how good we were and they were well beaten. I generally find them a lot more pleasant to deal with that the Chelsea knuckle-draggers. They obviously have their idiots but so do we.

It was a NLD before which Rocky's passing was announced, I'll never forget the way they respected the minute's silence.

I’m going to show my weird borderline neuro atypical brain again. The 2-0 win at Highbury was the game where Rocky’s death was announced (poor bugger was only 34) and we scored both goals in the second half - Pires and Henry. Which was the same season we beat them in the semi finals at Old Trafford (the fucking hell was the point of that) and I think it was Pires and Henry again.

No just checked, it was Vieira and Pires….I was 17 at the time, and was doing a-level course work so listened to the game on five live rather than watching it at the pub.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 18-09-2023 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The league game and the semi final were a week apart. The game at Highbury was 31st March and the semi final at OT was 8th April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a NLD before which Rocky's passing was announced, I'll never forget the way they respected the minute's silence.
    fair dos, that is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Spurs had our trophy cabinet and standing in the game then I’m sure the relationship with the fans would be a lot more hostile, like it is with United and Liverpool who are similarly successful and the fans absolutely despise each other because neither has an inferiority complex.

Compared to Spurs, we’re the bigger and more successful club and I’m sure even the most ardent Spurs fan would accept that. They’ve always had somewhat of an inferiority complex about us which contributes to how we feel about them. They’re more like an annoying little brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That semi-final is the first really big game I went to.
    Miserable
    Mine was the Liverpool final.

You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    If Spurs had our trophy cabinet and standing in the game then I’m sure the relationship with the fans would be a lot more hostile, like it is with United and Liverpool who are similarly successful and the fans absolutely despise each other because neither has an inferiority complex.

Compared to Spurs, we’re the bigger and more successful club and I’m sure even the most ardent Spurs fan would accept that. They’ve always had somewhat of an inferiority complex about us which contributes to how we feel about them. They’re more like an annoying little brother.
    The part that mentions Spurs being like an annoying little brother would have changed everything if they had won the CL that year. Whatever is in our trophy cabinet would have been overshadowed by thar one victory. As someone said in an earlier post, a final is all on the day. Thank fuck for the scourers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Mine was the Liverpool final.

Although personally I’ve always found losing a semi-final more painful.
    The final is at least an occasion.
    But that one was bloody frustrating as we were much the better team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    The part that mentions Spurs being like an annoying little brother would have changed everything if they had won the CL that year. Whatever is in our trophy cabinet would have been overshadowed by thar one victory. As someone said in an earlier post, a final is all on the day. Thank fuck for the scourers.
    exactly, they'd have been able to sing that "Champions of Europe you'll never be that" song

I vowed never to call Klopp 'Flopp' after that - although in any case you can't really call a PL and CL winner a flop anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I couldn't care less about Chelsea winning it, but as for the Liverpool/Spuds game, I daren't even check the score until the next morning when i braced myself and looked at about 10am

I still think we should have a statue of Klopp outside the Emirates for preventing the apocalypse
    I watched the game, and the Liverpool pel on 1.48 was absolutely delicious! Really enjoyed those twats' dreams being crushed.

Don't think our final where we were robbed can be compared to that Spursey sh*tfest
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although personally I’ve always found losing a semi-final more painful.
    The final is at least an occasion.
    But that one was bloody frustrating as we were much the better team.
    The sting was taken out of it somewhat by winning 3 of the next 4 FA Cups, I'll grant you.

But it did introduce me to the concept of footballing heartbreak pretty early.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting