User Tag List

Page 1358 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 358858125813081348135613571358135913601368 ... LastLast
Results 13,571 to 13,580 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Liverpool final was on my birthday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Chelsea beat us at home on my wedding day
    And Spurs won at Old Trafford, to rub salt into the wound

(That should be enough information for you all to wish me a happy anniversary soon )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The FA cup final? Oh I was working that day (still a lad of 17, working in a supermarket whilst doing my A-Levels)

I was trying to get to the break room at every opportunity to keep an eye on the score without being noticed, had some utter gobshite Liverpool fan (lots of Liverpool fans at the time who had never been to Liverpool) crowing about Michael Owen scoring twice. Fuck it all.

Had come home from that shitty grocery job, just in time to watch the pelanty shootout between us and Galatasaray in the UEFA cup final the previous year….wish I hadn’t bothered.

Still though happier memories to come. Was in my local when we won the league at Old Trafford, have a clear memory next day of going into college, teacher asking if I was hung over to which I replied “not at all…I’m still drunk”. Drinking a four pack of Tenants super strength after having a skinful down the pub will do that for you. Word to the wise, it also gives you the diabolical beer shits.

Then there was winning the league at white hart lane, was watching that in the Twelve Pins. Still even now upset that the league win was sullied slightly by giving away that last minute penalty because Lehmann is a hair trigger tempered thug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Chelsea beat us at home on my wedding day
    And Spurs won at Old Trafford, to rub salt into the wound

(That should be enough information for you all to wish me a happy anniversary soon )
    29th September, day after my Birthday.

Torres and Mata for them even though we were clearly the better team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    29th September, day after my Birthday.

Torres and Mata for them even though we were clearly the better team.
    Check out the big brain on HCZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the big brain on HCZ
    No I just have one of those weird eidetic memories where I can remember things in reasonably clear detail from long ago.

To compensate I have the absent mindedness of someone with advanced dementia and often forget to buy items that I went there for when I go into a shop. I could help myself by writing a list, but I don’t want to

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    No I just have one of those weird eidetic memories where I can remember things in reasonably clear detail from long ago.

To compensate I have the absent mindedness of someone with advanced dementia and often forget to buy items that I went there for when I go into a shop. I could help myself by writing a list, but I don’t want to
    My memory is very random. I don't have one of those brains that remembers much of anything about the hundreds of games I've been to - a few notable highlights aside of course.
    But I can tell you that Michael Jackson was credited as John Jay Smith when he appeared on The Simpsons (and it was him, except when he sang when for some contractual reason they had to use an impersonator).
    TL;DR - I'm quite useful in a pub quiz, so full is my brain full of mostly useless crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My memory is very random. I don't have one of those brains that remembers much of anything about the hundreds of games I've been to - a few notable highlights aside of course.
    But I can tell you that Michael Jackson was credited as John Jay Smith when he appeared on The Simpsons (and it was him, except when he sang when for some contractual reason they had to use an impersonator).
    TL;DR - I'm quite useful in a pub quiz, so full is my brain full of mostly useless crap.
    "Lisa it's your birthday, happy birthday Lisa"!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite Simpsons episode remains the prohibition episode, in fact so much so that rather than use my actual name on certain social media accounts I use the name Rex Banner instead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite episode is the Stonecutters one.

I started watching The Simpsons again from the start on Disney during lockdown, the earlier seasons are so good.