User Tag List

Page 1364 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 364864126413141354136213631364136513661374 ... LastLast
Results 13,631 to 13,640 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://x.com/justjelafc/status/1728...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

I have to respect this guy’s commitment to being a bell end. What fucking difference does it make who scored the goal you twat?.

I couldn’t stand Aaron Ramsey but I went berserk when he got the winner in the fa cup final in 2014 (less so in 2017 but the context was going almost a decade without a trophy…but still obviously celebrated).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...qcaIKG19ve_Pt0

Not sure I agree with this. Outside of PSG, Emery has not won a league title and the reason he’s doing better at Villa is because it’s a smaller club and tends to do better over performing at smaller clubs than achieving big things with bigger clubs.

Rightly or wrongly, Emery lost the dressing room at Arsenal. Whether there is an issue with Arteta and players (I think overstated, but not non existent clearly), they clearly didn’t respect Emery. Used to laugh at his accent etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery is a very good coach but with us it was the wrong place at the wrong time. His first season was mostly ok but ended in horrific fashion by failing to secure 4th despite being in pole position for the run-in and of course the EL final disaster. After that the squad downed tools and it was finally time to tear the club down and start again.

His work with Villa has been quite impressive but this revisionism about his time with us is not needed. We were a ticking time bomb, we had no control in games and conceded so many chances it was unreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le grove is a bit of an Arteta simp for my liking, spent too much time defending the horrendous signing of Kai Havertz but I think he was right about Arteta’s attitude towards players. He’s a cold son of a bitch even with the players he favours, seems to insinuate that players that are carrying knocks and injuries should be more prepared to play through the pain barrier, even suggested Rice was a wuss for coming off injured against Spurs.

Like Alex Ferguson once you’re no longer rated by Arteta you are essentially frozen out. Ramsdale is experiencing this (he didn’t help himself Saturday but it’s not good that a player should be that lacking in confidence and it’s a sign of mismanagement). Apart from anything else it means that we are not getting anything in the way of value for player transfers when they leave the club.

Really the club need to intervene and put someone in there with Arteta to smooth over his prickly and abrasive manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Emery is a very good coach but with us it was the wrong place at the wrong time. His first season was mostly ok but ended in horrific fashion by failing to secure 4th despite being in pole position for the run-in and of course the EL final disaster. After that the squad downed tools and it was finally time to tear the club down and start again.

His work with Villa has been quite impressive but this revisionism about his time with us is not needed. We were a ticking time bomb, we had no control in games and conceded so many chances it was unreal.

I agree. I think the game that sums that up most was away at Watford in 2019, where we threw away a two goal lead because of this insistence on playing out from the back when we clearly didn’t have the players to do it. I’m no fan of Arteta but it does at least make sense to bring players in who can complement the system you want to play.

I think Emery didn’t get the say he should have had over player transfers. The Pepe signing was clearly not his, plus he had to deal with players like Ozil being Cunts. But I just don’t think he was the right fit for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Le grove is a bit of an Arteta simp for my liking, spent too much time defending the horrendous signing of Kai Havertz but I think he was right about Arteta’s attitude towards players. He’s a cold son of a bitch even with the players he favours, seems to insinuate that players that are carrying knocks and injuries should be more prepared to play through the pain barrier, even suggested Rice was a wuss for coming off injured against Spurs.

Like Alex Ferguson once you’re no longer rated by Arteta you are essentially frozen out. Ramsdale is experiencing this (he didn’t help himself Saturday but it’s not good that a player should be that lacking in confidence and it’s a sign of mismanagement). Apart from anything else it means that we are not getting anything in the way of value for player transfers when they leave the club.

Really the club need to intervene and put someone in there with Arteta to smooth over his prickly and abrasive manner.
    yes, especially the last part, it;'s not healthy just having Edu and Arteta running the show football-wise, they're still both relatively inexperienced and kind of reliant on each other so Edu is not likely to interfere with what Arteta is doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I think the game that sums that up most was away at Watford in 2019, where we threw away a two goal lead because of this insistence on playing out from the back when we clearly didn’t have the players to do it. I’m no fan of Arteta but it does at least make sense to bring players in who can complement the system you want to play.

I think Emery didn’t get the say he should have had over player transfers. The Pepe signing was clearly not his, plus he had to deal with players like Ozil being Cunts. But I just don’t think he was the right fit for us.
    I don’t think he had any say really with those 2 frauds calling the shots above him. Mislintat and Sanllehi were a disaster.

The club simply botched Wenger’s succession and it took a long time to recover. You could put Emery in now and you might see a different outcome but back then it would have taken something special to get a tune out of that squad.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 27-11-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The club simply botched Wenger’s succession and it took a long time to recover.
    It was always going to be tricky moving on from a generational manager who had got himself involved in pretty much every aspect of the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It was always going to be tricky moving on from a generational manager who had got himself involved in pretty much every aspect of the club.
    Yup.

The first job after Wenger was always going to be a poisoned chalice.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The club needs to intervene to prevent him being like Alex Ferguson? I don't think so.
    Für eure Sicherheit