User Tag List

Page 1365 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 365865126513151355136313641365136613671375 ... LastLast
Results 13,641 to 13,650 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The club needs to intervene to prevent him being like Alex Ferguson? I don't think so.
    It was a fleeting comparison, Ferguson could look a player in the eye for a start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    It was a fleeting comparison, Ferguson could look a player in the eye for a start
    I'm encouraged he treats players like shit, because mostly that's what they are. I'd be frustrated too if I had to work with pale imitations of players he actually took to the field with in his era. And if he resorts to throwing boots in their face then I fully approve.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Interestingly, I'm less annoyed having listened to it.

I have to concede it's not conclusive that the ball was out of play.
    I do think it was a foul but it is one of those "you see them given" ones - but equally you see them not given too.
    And the offside - it isn't conclusive he's ahead of the ball.

We scream for consistency but in real life that isn't possible, there's always going to be some interpretation. And at least they went through it thoroughly, it wasn't the utter shit show that was the Liverpool "goal" against Spurs where VAR actually got ir right but bolloxed up the comms with the ref who they thought had allowed it

And as we all said at the time, we were never going to score. So if we were robbed it was only of one point, not three.
    In my opinion it’s 100% a foul on Gabriel, he was pushed out of the way of the ball. It was a shocker from VAR not to call it a foul. The ball out of play & offside I’m less fussed on.

But Howard Webb & PGMOL justified that decision and said it wasnt a foul. So when City had a goal ruled out for a push against Liverpool (it was never a foul on that one), this is the decision they have to used as they have set a precedent. VAR did not intervene that day as it wasnt clear & obvious, but it was when you compare the amount of force used by Joelinton which they decided is legal.

Look at hte Onana incident against wolves in game 1, PGMOL admitted a mistake and said any keeper doing the same again would give a penalty away. So when the Chelsea keeper took out Jesus in that game, an identical incident to Onana, the referees ignored it.

There is no consistency because those in charge are completely incompetent. They protect each other rather than apply the rules of the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    well i suggested £50m but same idea... https://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/s...=1#post4581952

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you did.

It is an objectively ridiculous amount of money but I guess that's the footballing world we live in now

He's certainly added something to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Rice would make a better captain than Odegaard, he is a natural leader and he leads on the pitch by example

However as I said in my player ratings his last minute goal belies his limitations as a player. He struggled a lot with the closing down of Luton and whilst his reading of the game is sublime, it’s simply that he lacks the technical ability to always accomplish what is in his mind. A team better than Luton could have punished last night, what we need is someone is him to be partnered with someone who can play through the press. Whilst I think we’ve lacked the midfield presence of Partey I don’t think he’s that player either. I’m still as convinced as I was in the summer that, that player is Caicedo but I think Chelsea would have to be in a very dire place indeed for us to get him for an affordable price so we need to be looking elsewhere for that player with the technical skill and burst of pace that Rice lacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to see Partey with Rice in the middle but:

A - I don’t think Arteta fancies it because of the need to give Havertz as many opportunities as he can to succeed.
    B - I think Partey could be done as an Arsenal player anyway. Spent too long on the sidelines this season and he’s out of contract next summer.

As for Rice, he’s absolutely the bloke you want in the trenches with you. He’s certainly the best leader we’ve had since Vieira. He’s a throwback player and they don’t make many like him anymore. He’s clearly at his best as a 6, so I would agree that we need to find someone who can move us up the pitch quicker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget about Partey, he's finished, washed up, kaput, an ex-player, he has ceased to be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Forget about Partey, he's finished, washed up, kaput, an ex-player, he has ceased to be...
    Now days everyone wanna talk
    Like they got something to say
    But nothing comes out when they move their lips
    Just a bunch of gibberish
    And mother fuckers act like they forgot about Partey