User Tag List

Page 1373 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 37387312731323136313711372137313741375 ... LastLast
Results 13,721 to 13,730 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    we should have sold him in the summer, it was obvious he was already finished, but at that point we'd have been able to con someone into some kind of decent fee, now we've no chance of it - we'll get nothing
    Like with Xhaka we didn’t get the money we needed to replace him. We wanted to buy Manuel Locatelli in Summer 2021 but Roma were only offering us peanuts for him. So we panicked and got him to sign a new contract. Same with Partey, we were offered thirty million tops for him, and a replacement would have cost an arm and a leg.

Don’t get me wrong we clearly hold onto players too long. Or freeze them out so they lose any sell on value….we clearly are going to have to sell players we don’t want to in the summer, simply to meet our FFP obligations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point is, £30m is better than nothing, which is what we're looking at now, plus we've.been paying him all this time so that must have cost a few million more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched MOTD last night not knowing the scum result. Can't believe my TV survived. How the fuck do they get so much luck with injury time goals!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off to the Emirates to watch the women today.

Another sellout which is encouraging!

Expecting a very different atmosphere from your average men's NLD
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein reckons that Sambi Lokonga, Edward, Tavares, Tierney, Smith Rowe and Ramsdale are all going in the summer. Not a massive surprise..hopefully he’s just forgotten to add Elneny and Partey to that list. I’d want Jorginho gone as well, at 33 he’s too old but I think it’s clear I’m alone in this.

I think it’s a shame about Ramsdale, but what can you do.

Tierney? Well he’s a decent player but he can’t stay fit regardless of what one thinks of this whole inverted full back thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ornstein reckons that Sambi Lokonga, Edward, Tavares, Tierney, Smith Rowe and Ramsdale are all going in the summer. Not a massive surprise..hopefully he’s just forgotten to add Elneny and Partey to that list. I’d want Jorginho gone as well, at 33 he’s too old but I think it’s clear I’m alone in this.

I think it’s a shame about Ramsdale, but what can you do.

Tierney? Well he’s a decent player but he can’t stay fit regardless of what one thinks of this whole inverted full back thing
    Well you could put Ramsdale in goal. Why was he dropped? Decent keeper. The guy they have in there now looks dodgy as fuck. Well, maybe not as dodgy as some of the other disasters we've had in goal since Dave, but he's not the pair of gloves you want if a title is on the line.

Also big shame about Smith Rowe if true. Possibly the biggest talent at the club if it could be unlocked. He has that air of Arsenal players long past. Then again, for him to be useful, you need another 10 in the team with similar attributes and we currently have about three. So in a journeyman team I suppose I can see why he's surplus.

This will all become obvious in the title run-in, as always.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Off to the Emirates to watch the women today.

Another sellout which is encouraging!

Expecting a very different atmosphere from your average men's NLD
    Any 10s? Photos or GTFO.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Well you could put Ramsdale in goal. Why was he dropped? Decent keeper. The guy they have in there now looks dodgy as fuck. Well, maybe not as dodgy as some of the other disasters we've had in goal since Dave, but he's not the pair of gloves you want if a title is on the line.

Also big shame about Smith Rowe if true. Possibly the biggest talent at the club if it could be unlocked. He has that air of Arsenal players long past. Then again, for him to be useful, you need another 10 in the team with similar attributes and we currently have about three. So in a journeyman team I suppose I can see why he's surplus.

This will all become obvious in the title run-in, as always.
    I agree about Ramsdale but if we aren’t going to play him might as well make some money on him.

Smith Rowe? Not sure what you’re seeing truth be told. Not especially quick, nothing great technically and he’s an injury record on a par with Jack Wilshere. Yes he had a nice purple patch of goals a couple of years ago….but so did Joe Willock when we set him on loan to Newcastle. Scored fewer goals in the two and a half seasons since they bought him outright than in that half a season on loan.

I can’t imagine anyone who isn’t being a contrarian thinks Smith Rowe is significantly better than any of the players we have starting for Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.tntsports.co.uk/football...29/story.shtml

Very bizarre. Clearly something more to this than Southgate is admitting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah a bit weird, not that it’s a bad thing as he gets to stay fresh during the break. Maybe it’s just that he doesn’t really give a shit about international football? He seems like a bit of an aloof character and I’ve read in the past that he isn’t really passionate about the game either.