User Tag List

Page 1374 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 37487412741324136413721373137413751376 ... LastLast
Results 13,731 to 13,740 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah a bit weird, not that it’s a bad thing as he gets to stay fresh during the break. Maybe it’s just that he doesn’t really give a shit about international football? He seems like a bit of an aloof character and I’ve read in the past that he isn’t really passionate about the game either.
    Nah I don’t think it’s that, regardless of what you think of football…it’s the pinnacle of your career to play for your country. It’s because he knows he doesn’t get played by Southgate…and despite Southgate’s protestations there’s clearly an issue between White and Steve Holland

The sad thing is, if Southgate wasn’t coach…I think we’d have a really good chance of winning the Euros. Hope he fucks off after this tournament, and we get in someone like Potter or Howe who doesn’t have us playing negative over cautious football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    it’s the pinnacle of your career to play for your country.
    Maybe for you, maybe not for him?

that said, I think it's more to do with the coaching staff/Southgate than anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Maybe for you, maybe not for him?

that said, I think it's more to do with the coaching staff/Southgate than anything

We aren’t talking about patriotism/nationalism here. Objectively one of the highest achievements you can get to in your professional career is being picked to play for your country. It’s like being a writer/journalist winning a Pulitzer or a Tennis player winning grand slams or being picked to play in the Davis Cup.

Agassi hated Tennis, any passion for the sport was driven out of him by an overbearing, tyrannical father. Yet he won all four majors…winning his last at the age of 33 three years before he retired

The fact is if you’re not in football for the love of the game, you quite possibly are going to be even more career driven…because if you’re not necessarily enjoying what you do, you want a pay off of another kind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Well you could put Ramsdale in goal. Why was he dropped? Decent keeper. The guy they have in there now looks dodgy as fuck. .
    #agedlikemilk

Although I don't think Raya is much of an upgrade tbh. The main thing is his distribution, which is a fairly significant thing in the modern game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    #agedlikemilk

Although I don't think Raya is much of an upgrade tbh. The main thing is his distribution, which is a fairly significant thing in the modern game.
    The pelanty shootout was the last nail in Ram's coffin (although Arteta had clearly already made his mind up anyway) - if one thing might've saved him it was if Raya was really lame but saving two pels ended the argument

I still think all that ridiculous cack Arteta spoke about in terms of subbing goalies etc did him no credit at all, he was just BS-ing to keep Ram on side but it was so obvious

Got to say England's choices for goalie are really dire atm - Ram is the best keeper but out of practice and form so we're stuck with Pickford and have the Palace keeper as third choice...
    Last edited by Mac76; 14-03-2024 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just broke the England squad down into how many players from each club:

3 players - Arsenal, Man City

2 - Chelsea, Villa, Man Ure, Neverton

1 - West Ham, Spuds, Ajax, Real, Brighton, Newcastle, Brentford, Palace, Liverpool, Bayern

good to see that Gunners representation in there - the years of it being mainly Spuds plyers are gone thankfully

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsdale still getting called up? Hmm interesting

I didn’t pay much attention to the England call ups after noticing White’s omission and the depressing fact that Maguire still gets called up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein reckons that Sambi Lokonga, Edward, Tavares, Tierney, Smith Rowe and Ramsdale are all going in the summer. Not a massive surprise..hopefully he’s just forgotten to add Elneny and Partey to that list. I’d want Jorginho gone as well, at 33 he’s too old but I think it’s clear I’m alone in this.

I think it’s a shame about Ramsdale, but what can you do.

Tierney? Well he’s a decent player but he can’t stay fit regardless of what one thinks of this whole inverted full back thing
    Hardly fucking rocket science is it? Everyone knows they will be gone. The others should be Elneny, Eddie and Partey. Please!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the depressing fact that Maguire still gets called up
    yeah and Hendsron too ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://x.com/skysportsnews/status/1...k_DvSqUkaQFrjw

I think this undermines any theory that White is indifferent about playing for England. But most importantly it undermines Southgate’s assertion that there is no problem.