User Tag List

Page 1375 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 37587512751325136513731374137513761377 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,750 of 13837

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomiyasu has signed a new long-term contract with us - hmm, good player but a bit injury prone...

https://www.arsenal.com/news/takehir...-term-contract

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is Arteta has wasted so much of the clubs money swapping out defenders that the differential between what we’d sell him for and what we’d pay to bring in a replacement would seriously eat into our ability to strengthen the squad in other areas

This is the main reason Jorginho will stay and the indicators are that Partey may get a new deal as well.

Not ideal. Partey as you are quick enough to remind us is no longer a reliable player for fitness. And although no question Jorginho has had a good season, I’m reluctant to have to put so much faith in a 33 year old to keep fit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have to take the evidence based on what we see and Jorg is remaining fit and making a massive contribution, as you say given we don't want to keep changing defenders, so it's a no-brainer to keep him for sure

I'd ditch Partey though, even on a free, he's a waste of time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Tomi but yeah you have to question his reliability.

I think we will sign a young CM in the summer and keep Jorginho. Partey, as good as he was I’m not sure has much of a future with us now. Unless he turns into a monster for the final 10 games and helps us win the league I’m fine with him moving on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think we have to take the evidence based on what we see and Jorg is remaining fit and making a massive contribution, as you say given we don't want to keep changing defenders, so it's a no-brainer to keep him for sure

I'd ditch Partey though, even on a free, he's a waste of time
    Well it’s just as well you have no influence on our transfers in and out of the club then, even though it’s bad enough what Arteta and Edu get up to.

Partey I agree struggles to keep fit, but at full fitness he’s still our best midfielder by some considerable distance. The fact that we have had to adopt attacking set pieces to open the scoring is a result of lacking his dynamism. Don’t get me wrong attacking players were poor as well, but even Mbappe needs space to operate in and whilst Jorginho has offered variety with his passing it’s really not that much different from having a slower more leggy Xhaka (yes he does have a better all round passing range than the Albanian imbecile)

Partey needs game time, because we need to get money for him in order to bring in a young dynamic midfielder to give us something we clearly lack with Rice. Of course Arteta if we sign a midfielder will probably go Full Wenger and buy a mincer who will get knocked off the ball by a slight breeze but does ok in unsophisticated leagues where you get time to wind your watch before making a pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I like Tomi but yeah you have to question his reliability.

I think we will sign a young CM in the summer and keep Jorginho. Partey, as good as he was I’m not sure has much of a future with us now. Unless he turns into a monster for the final 10 games and helps us win the league I’m fine with him moving on.
    We simply don’t have the manoeuvrability to move him on. Do I think he’s not fit enough to be reliable? Well I’d have to be blind not to agree. He should have been moved on last summer or before that but I think his constant injuries mean it’s impossible…I don’t think people really understand here how little space we’ve left ourselves to operate with, with transfers. If we don’t start making money on players we are going to end up in United territory. The differential between spend and sale is extensively vast and the more we get off the wage bill the more we add to it with new additions or through new player contracts.

There’s upgrades we need all over the pitch, but it’s not going to happen right away because the priority has to be a striker and I think we will need to sell players to accommodate that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edward, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Ramsdale the English quartet have to be the priority. Partey only if we can get 30-40 million for him, Tierney, Lokonga and Tavares

Yes we need to make sure we keep a core nucleus of English players in the team but that will require us to promote some of the youth players like Nwaneri, Cozer Duberry, Waters, Patino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Partey's a waste of time and money, if you can't rely on someone to a reasonable degree, there's no point in keeping them, he's just taking up a place in the squad and a drain on finances - we should get rid for whatever we can get for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Partey's a waste of time and money, if you can't rely on someone to a reasonable degree, there's no point in keeping them, he's just taking up a place in the squad and a drain on finances - we should get rid for whatever we can get for him
    Given that we’ve clearly lacked a player of his profile this season, and given also what I’ve just said about the problem we are running into with FFP and the clear fact that we’d need to replace him (simply because starting the next season with just two central midfielders would be suicidally negligent) your suggestion to dump him for nothing is to say the least a bit dim.

He’s clearly been fully fit for the last few weeks which is why he has come on off the bench, and if we want a player to come in and offer the dynamism we lack and which you contend Partey can no longer give us on a consistent basis…it kind of makes sense that he gets enough game time so that either a Juventus or one of the Saudi clubs come sniffing…at a time during the summer where we absolutely do need to make player sales.

No need to say anything, I absolutely understand that you’d rather cut yourself than admit I’ve got a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Given that we’ve clearly lacked a player of his profile this season, and given also what I’ve just said about the problem we are running into with FFP and the clear fact that we’d need to replace him (simply because starting the next season with just two central midfielders would be suicidally negligent) your suggestion to dump him for nothing is to say the least a bit dim.

He’s clearly been fully fit for the last few weeks which is why he has come on off the bench, and if we want a player to come in and offer the dynamism we lack and which you contend Partey can no longer give us on a consistent basis…it kind of makes sense that he gets enough game time so that either a Juventus or one of the Saudi clubs come sniffing…at a time during the summer where we absolutely do need to make player sales.

No need to say anything, I absolutely understand that you’d rather cut yourself than admit I’ve got a point.
    Where you say "it kind of makes sense that he gets enough game time so that either a Juventus or one of the Saudi clubs come sniffing…at a time during the summer where we absolutely do need to make player sales", well yes fine and then we sell him for whatever we can get - that's not contradictory to what i said about our needing to move him on - I never said we shouldn't give him game time in the meantime