User Tag List

Page 1378 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 37887812781328136813761377137813791380 LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,780 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too worried about any of the home games - maybe with the exception of Chelsea who are shite but you know they'll raise it for us. The cup may distract them though. The away games though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    So the Bear Traps have been laid, in a six week period we could be playing as many as 13 games

March 31st - Man City (A)

April 3rd - Luton (H)

April 6th - Brighton (H)

April 9th - Bayern Munich (H)

April 14th - Aston Villa (H)

April 17th - Bayern Munich (A)

April 20th - Wolves (A)

April 23rd - Chelsea (H)

April 28th - Tottenham (A)

April 30th/May 1st - Man City/Real Madrid (H)

May 4th - Bournemouth (H)

May 7th/8th - Real Madrid/Man City (A)

May 12th - Man United (A)
    I get they're not as close together but seem odd to list all that and leave out the last two games

Everton at home on 19 May - last game of the season

and CL final 1st June

That said I don't think we will make the CL final anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I get they're not as close together but seem odd to list all that and leave out the last two games

Everton at home on 19 May - last game of the season

and CL final 1st June

That said I don't think we will make the CL final anyway
    Well yes the point was to illustrate that should we make the semi final we’d be playing twice a week for a six week period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will end in tears at Spurs I’m predicting.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For them, yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It will end in tears at Spurs I’m predicting.
    Fuck me! Thanks for that Mr Cheerful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really disappointing to see Rice putting more pressure on White in this article, he should just be backing him whatever his decision, not saying he wants to change his mind

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...rt/ar-BB1kyxKK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really disappointing to see Rice putting more pressure on White in this article, he should just be backing him whatever his decision, not saying he wants to change his mind

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...rt/ar-BB1kyxKK
    Why?

Trying to persuade someone to change their mind, is not a sign of disrespect for their decision

In Rice’s case it’s a sign of respect for White that he thinks England is missing out by not having him to call on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Why?

Trying to persuade someone to change their mind, is not a sign of disrespect for their decision

In Rice’s case it’s a sign of respect for White that he thinks England is missing out by not having him to call on
    No, he's implying White's wrong to make himself unavailable, it leaves him more isolated, he should STFU and just back him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, he's implying White's wrong to make himself unavailable, it leaves him more isolated, he should STFU and just back him
    Maybe he knows White better than you do. And maybe he thinks he wants to play for England but feels he’s being held back and wants to act as a mediator. Nothing about that demonstrates a lack of respect for what White is doing.

If White is determined to stick with his position, Rice I’m sure won’t push the matter. But if you’re friends with someone and you think they might benefit from changing their mind there’s no harm in trying to talk them round….if they are resolved and won’t change their mind…then you step back.

A friend of mine recently has been involved in a rather distressing dispute with people close to her (or were once close to her) and the police had originally handled it badly and she wanted to drop the case. I tried my best without being pushy to persuade her to wait a bit not because I knew she would have regretted it if she had just dropped it out of a sense of panic and mistrust. Would I have pushed too far if she was intent on dropping the case…no of course not…if someone is determined you respect their decision…and she did ultimately continue with the case…something she’s stated to me she feels so glad that she did now.

Having someone trying to persuade you is not an act of undermining unless you’re a narcissist like Trump who thinks you can never be wrong about anything. For all you know, White might be the kind of person who is open minded enough to take on a different perspective or way of thinking about the situation.