User Tag List

Page 144 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 44941341421431441451461541942446441144 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't pick half a sentence to bash him. Read the whole thing in context. There's not much wrong with anything he's said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Don't pick half a sentence to bash him. Read the whole thing in context. There's not much wrong with anything he's said.

I don't agree that we we can win the league this year but what he's saying about is not being able to compete with City and Chelsea's spending is obviously true.
    Or Utd's actually who aren't fueled by a billionaire but do have much bigger income.

We could be doing more to compete of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think his interview is fine, other than the "can't spend £50m on one player" comment. That's a real piss boiler as nobody expects us to spend £50m on one player. Our record signing is £15m which says it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    I think his interview is fine, other than the "can't spend £50m on one player" comment. That's a real piss boiler as nobody expects us to spend £50m on one player. Our record signing is £15m which says it all.
    Yep. I don't minid much of what he has said, and most of it is correct.

Yet, he avoids the real bug bear, and that is that we don't utilise our resources as fully as we should.

If you're turning a profit on transfers, when the team still needs adding to, then to me, that's not using all of the resources available.

I see he dumps it all in Wenger's lap again too...."Arsene is free to do what he likes, and spend money how he wants". If you believe that, then you're an idiot.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post

Yet, he avoids the real bug bear, and that is that we don't utilise our resources as fully as we should.

If you're turning a profit on transfers, when the team still needs adding to, then to me, that's not using all of the resources available.

I see he dumps it all in Wenger's lap again too...."Arsene is free to do what he likes, and spend money how he wants". If you believe that, then you're fakeyank.
    Spot on.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see he dumps it all in Wenger's lap again too...."Arsene is free to do what he likes, and spend money how he wants". If you believe that, then you're an idiot.
    it's a complete dupe for the fans.

they never once publicly address the calls from the fans for players outside of the £50m bracket.

not that i'm content with shipping in a so many players every fucking season but their top line is 'oh but we can't compete with city for £50m'.

well no fucking shit arsenal cannot. everyone knows that already. but the board throw that out that top line to deflect attention away from the fact that they are ripping the shit out of the fans every fucking season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Oh your right, there is not much wrong with what he says. He does make sense, for me its the way he says it. You can tell he is off the old school, like it or lump it type.
    Last edited by Olivier's xmas twist; 05-09-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And bringing up Glasgow Rangers is scaremongering. Asking us to not make a profit for once in the transfer window will not bankrupt the club or lead to financial Armageddon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bottom line is that we are now 4th in the pecking order. Pre-Abrahamovich we were 1B with United as 1A. Now with Abrahamovich FC and Mansour FC we are 4th. It means our chances of winning a trophy each year are closer to 5-10% rather than 40-50% as before those two cretins with cash showed up. It's better to accept that reality than to pretend otherwise.

Having said that, it's quite clear that we could probably stretch a bit more to increase our competitiveness and chances for a trophy. An extra £20-£25m on players (transfer fees and salaries) would ensure we're closer to those teams than we have been. That amount wouldn't sink the club financially and it would mean fans would be happier. Few fans expect us to compete financially and punch above our weight in that regard. But it's clear we could be doing more than we are. But Wenger is frugal and always has been. He's happy to make do with as little as possible. We have a Board and Ownership who are also content to get by with as little as possible. There's that 2% that gets so much press. And there's little sign that that 2% gap will be made good through financial means. Basically if that 2% gap is going to be bridged it'll be through luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so sure. Not saying its all AW but we know the guy has more power at AFC than managers elsewhere, and we know all about his well publicised commitment to financial responsibility - not to mention the fact that he has scant regard for what happens at other clubs. I don't think its far fetched at all to conclude that AW himself supported the decisions to sell RVP and Song. And I believe that the club's apparent reluctance to make signings that might impede existing players, or that do not represent absolute value for money, come from the manager. Whether its because of his principles or through an altruistic desire to leave the club's finances as healthy as possible for his successor there is no doubt, IMO that Wenger is an intrinsic part of the club's spending pattern.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter