User Tag List

Page 147 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 47971371451461471481491571972476471147 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 13820

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    well, if we are placing monetary value, as per the arsenal board, over integrity of the club, then sure, we should've kept him for that reason.

if we go back in history to any point and replace somebody with 'another' would events pan out exactly the same or would things be different? there is absolutely no way of knowing what would've happened last season if rvp wasn't here and somebody else was. the dynamics would've completely changed.

the club fucked up. it's ok to admit it.
    Maybe so, but it would have been the mother of all fuck ups if it went your way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Precisely. These hindsighters always have something that the club could have done differently, but selling RVP when he originally chose not to sign would almost certainly have realised less than it did selling him once he had had his outstanding season and showed he could keep fit for most of it. Keeping him saved CL football for this season.

Fans have to realise that its player power that rules these days, for those most sought after.
    i take it those 'hindsighters' is a banner i fall under.

hindsight doesn't come into it. i couldn't give a shit about top 4 football. frankly, i couldn't give a shit about most aspects of the game at the moment mostly due to the total disconnect with a club i have supported for 20+ years and a game that no longer bears much resememblance to the one i fell in love with. the situation at arsenal only exacerbate those feelings with a manager floating face down dead in the water, slowly falling out of touch and a board that are happy ripping the heart of the club out.

player power is very strong but clubs can be just as, if they choose. or they can choose to fuck around year after year and cream off the money, as we do. if the rvp situation was a one off, fair enough. but it wasn't. it has helped continue a trend. and next times this happens - and it will - the very same bollocks will mug everyone off again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bendtner too fat, say Juve as striker plays catch up with Serie A side

By Sami Mokbel

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 5 September 2012 | UPDATED: 22:30, 5 September 2012

Comments (12)

Arsenal outcast Nicklas Bendtner has been branded too fat by Juventus coaching staff just days after signing up for a season-long loan.

The Denmark striker was given permission by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to miss a large portion of summer training in order to find himself a new club following his year on loan at Sunderland.

But the lack of pre-season conditioning has caught up with Bendtner, 24, with Juve coaches saying he is carrying too much weight to play in Serie A.
    Too fat? Nicklas Bendtner has been accused of piling on the pounds

Too fat? Nicklas Bendtner has been accused of piling on the pounds

In addition to worries over Bendtner’s waistline, former Juve midfielder Alessio Tacchinardi has questioned what impact the self-styled ‘best striker in the world’ would have in Turin.

‘I will not say Bendtner is a bad player,’ said Tacchinardi, one of the club’s 50 ‘legends’. ‘But he does not help improve Juventus, either.’

Selling Bendtner and fellow flop Andrey Arshavin were two key summer objectives for Arsenal, given their respective wages of £52,000 and £80,000 a week.

But, while the club offloaded the Dane on loan, they have struggled to find a buyer for Arshavin.

Zenit St Petersburg, Dynamo Moscow and CSKA Moscow have made enquiries about the attacking midfielder ahead of today’s Russian transfer deadline.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz25gB0ZuQu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sagna now speaking out in the press. It will probably be said that it was misquoted/lost in translation etc but seems like, if true, we learn nothing and the same shit will continue:

Sagna's Arsenal frustration
    Arsenal full-back hits out in explosive interview in France

By Patrick Haond. Last Updated: September 6, 2012 10:39am

Bacary Sagna: French defender not happy with Arsenal sales

Bacary Sagna: French defender not happy with Arsenal sales
    Sky Bet

Arsenal's Next Match
    Arsenal 2/7
    Draw 4/1
    Southampton 8/1
    Premier League Group B Betting 12/13
    £10 Free Bet

Bacary Sagna has admitted he is yet to talk to the club about a new contract, whilst also admitting that he does not understand why they sold Alex Song.

The 29-year-old full-back, who is nearing a return from injury after suffering a broken leg at the end of last season, has spoken to the French press about Arsenal - and he appears far from impressed.

Sagna has revealed he is worried about what is happening at the Emirates, and admits that he now expects the club to sell players every summer as he has seen this happen throughout his time in north London.

"At Arsenal you come back after holidays, you make preparations, and you see two players leave and the season resumes - it has been like that since I have been at the club. I am used to it now"
    Bacary Sagna Quotes of the week

In an interview that is sure to worry many Arsenal fans, Sagna admitted to l'Equipe: "I expected the departure of Robin van Persie. We all expected it. It was 'obvious'.

"But the Alex one, it was a surprise! He is 24 years old, he has three years remaining on his contract. I still do not understand. It is huge loss for the club.

"When you see the two best players of last season leave, you have a lot of questions. Sometimes in the street the fans talk to me. I can understand they are upset. I am just like them, I don't understand everything.

"At Arsenal you come back after holidays, you make preparations, and you see two players leave and the season resumes - it has been like that since I have been at the club. I am used to it now.

"I am the last player from the 2007 starting XI remaining. In May, I watched Manchester City show off. I watched at Samir [Nasri] and Gael [Clichy] lifting the trophy.

"That gave me desire for it. Were they right to leave? Yes. But when they left, we didn't know."
    Contract

Sagna then admitted that his own situation is far from certain, revealing his contract is up in 2014 - something Arsenal would never confirm publicly.

"My own situation? At the end of the season, I will have one year remaining," he said, insisting that nobody from the club has been in touch.

"Has the club contacted me about an extension? No, no one."

He even refused to rule out the prospect of leaving, adding: "Could I be tempted to leave? I just want to play again and be good again with Arsenal so far.

"Then, we will see. Each person has his own destiny."

On his fitness situation, Sagna revealed that he is close to playing again.

"One week ago I resumed training with ball. I hoped to be back just after international break, but it will be too close," he said.

"I missed have missed four months twice [in the last year], so I need to be perfectly fit."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now is the time to get his contract sorted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll leave next summer and will be replaced by GHELkinson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh. Any British prodigious RBs coming up through the ranks or is jenkers going to have to out-perform Kyle Walker?

Happy to see Gibbs and Jenkinson in the side right now; they've started very well. It's up to them to keep things tight and keep improving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and look. here we go again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be massively pissed off if we sell Bacs.

Fuck RVP. Sagna is the bollocks. He is what every Arsenal player should aspire to become.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I will be massively pissed off if we sell Bacs.

Fuck RVP. Sagna is the bollocks. He is what every Arsenal player should aspire to become.
    Sold?