User Tag List

Page 373 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 2733233633713723733743753834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one thing that has come out of tonights meeting with gazidas is how he/the board want the blame on wenger. by throwing him under a bus by saying we had funds for last 8 years then admitting tonight htat he has been working on a limited budget is shocking, but wenger has never moaned. then this time, they keep saying we do have funds and if we dont spend them then its all wengers fault.

they seem to want to make him the fall guy again, i read on twitter someone saying they felt this was because gazidas doesnt feel in charge and wants to be so is undermiming wenger. an interesting theory, and with things like this its one that makes sense (i dont believe it myself) but it doesnt sit well with me how the board shift blame away from themsleves onto wenger with the spending, with or without money

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Shall we save Cripps some time and post his pretend outrage WUM post for him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    one thing that has come out of tonights meeting with gazidas is how he/the board want the blame on wenger. by throwing him under a bus by saying we had funds for last 8 years then admitting tonight htat he has been working on a limited budget is shocking, but wenger has never moaned. then this time, they keep saying we do have funds and if we dont spend them then its all wengers fault.

they seem to want to make him the fall guy again, i read on twitter someone saying they felt this was because gazidas doesnt feel in charge and wants to be so is undermiming wenger. an interesting theory, and with things like this its one that makes sense (i dont believe it myself) but it doesnt sit well with me how the board shift blame away from themsleves onto wenger with the spending, with or without money
    He has been complicit in most of this too, Oli.

Though I don't think he deserves the lack of respect he has been subjected to, he has had enough at his disposal to do better than he has.

His teams comprising Fabregas, Nasri, RVP etc etc have, on a few occassions, had the chance to win silverware, but for the lack of spending a few quid more, and addressing unbelievably niave/arrogant/pigheaded tactical and motivational issues within his squads.

Money is a big part, yes, but nobody else told him to buy Chamakh, or trust in the fitness of Diaby, or persist with the shitness of a few players.

I do think however, that he is one of the best managers in the world, and that we as fans of Arsenal have been spoiled by the awesome nature of previous teams. Teams which Wenger very much deserves the credit for building.

It is also clear that he has had quite strict financial constraints, so what he has managed is pretty amazing. And at least we have a club with a massive new stadium, and the "potential" to move onwards and upwards, under our own steam, and watch on while Spurs try and build a stadium and stay in the top....was going to say four....

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arsenal Player of the site is now free
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...-for-free-now-

Eg : http://player.arsenal.com/matches/34...lsea-v-arsenal

Search for a game you want to see on it by going to the bottom of the page

Edit: It seems to be a trial period for a limited time.
    Last edited by Munchies; 11-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    He has been complicit in most of this too, Oli.

Though I don't think he deserves the lack of respect he has been subjected to, he has had enough at his disposal to do better than he has.

His teams comprising Fabregas, Nasri, RVP etc etc have, on a few occassions, had the chance to win silverware, but for the lack of spending a few quid more, and addressing unbelievably niave/arrogant/pigheaded tactical and motivational issues within his squads.

Money is a big part, yes, but nobody else told him to buy Chamakh, or trust in the fitness of Diaby, or persist with the shitness of a few players.

I do think however, that he is one of the best managers in the world, and that we as fans of Arsenal have been spoiled by the awesome nature of previous teams. Teams which Wenger very much deserves the credit for building.

It is also clear that he has had quite strict financial constraints, so what he has managed is pretty amazing. And at least we have a club with a massive new stadium, and the "potential" to move onwards and upwards, under our own steam, and watch on while Spurs try and build a stadium and stay in the top....was going to say four....

Great post, agree with it all.

Wenger has undoubtedly been working under tough conditions, and is better than given credit for by some.

But no way is he blameless for some of the crap decisions made over last few years.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm smashing the transfer record in january 09 to sign arshavin. wasting money on young players. giving bumper renewals to deadwood like djourou. where was the financial restriction in that? if he wanted more money they would have given it to him. i think as arseblog put it a couple of months ago its a case of 'theres more money available so if you want it you can have it'. wenger being the stubborn man he is didnt want it. and if he was on a budget then its much worse as his decision making on funds has been terrible.

'we've always made the money we generate available to him to spend.. but what arsene has done well is stay in the mix on a relatively little budget'

that tells me 2 things. 1) if wenger wanted more money they would have given it to him 2) there has been a budget, which i dont think anyone has doubted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Great post, agree with it all.

Wenger has undoubtedly been working under tough conditions, and is better than given credit for by some.

But no way is he blameless for some of the crap decisions made over last few years.
    Must be tough on £7m a year, little bit no money, little bit my arse.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picture of Emirates taken today ( I think ) :

If we can manage to win some trophies, and lets face it, we need to strengthen the squad massively, then the past near-decade or so can be considered a blip to create a stadium like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures that Geoff Arsenal has retweeted

Imagine a pic with Cesc/Fellaini/Rooney/Higuain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Pictures that Geoff Arsenal has retweeted

Imagine a pic with Cesc/Fellaini/Rooney/Higuain
    Never. Going. To. Happen.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."