User Tag List

Page 474 of 1381 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524574974 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 13802

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibbs has improved this season. I said a few months ago that he needs to fix up defensively at the minimum and to his credit he has improved a lot. But he still makes little errors that don't always lead to goals but they can cost us over a season. He also doesn't offer much of a threat going forward.

Nacho is more polished at both ends of the pitch and is unlucky to be second choice IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gibbs is underrated. It's true that he is improving rapidly but he's already performing at a high standard. He was a part of the 2nd best defensive record in the league last season and the best defensive record this season. He was completely screwed over with injuries which is why he has only made 75 first team appearances at 24, so the learning curve will be steep for him even now.

Monreal looks a good option but for this league Gibbs has a physical advantage being quicker and stronger. If we saw Monreal have a run of games I'd guess he'd make more errors than Gibbs does. We've already been fooled by the new signing, fancy footballer LB when many us (myself included) thought Santos would be better than Gibbs. Not in the BLitW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Gibbs is underrated. It's true that he is improving rapidly but he's already performing at a high standard. He was a part of the 2nd best defensive record in the league last season and the best defensive record this season. He was completely screwed over with injuries which is why he has only made 75 first team appearances at 24, so the learning curve will be steep for him even now.

Monreal looks a good option but for this league Gibbs has a physical advantage being quicker and stronger. If we saw Monreal have a run of games I'd guess he'd make more errors than Gibbs does. We've already been fooled by the new signing, fancy footballer LB when many us (myself included) thought Santos would be better than Gibbs. Not in the BLitW.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've liked Monreal in his cameo's but I think Gibbs deserves the chance to continue going from strength to strength. He can still learn a thing or two, but his faults aren't such an issue that he needs to lose his place.....although I can understand why in certain games, the manager would opt for Monreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost of Xmas Past View Post
    Poldi did live text commentary on his Twitter.
    Is he still alive or just 3 weeks away from returning?
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea. I think he's just lucky to have a working leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monreal really is a superb professional. He's a fantastic player, who would be first choice left back for most teams in this league except i think Gibbs is just better, not by much though however because Monreal is so good, he pushes Gibbs to make sure he is the best he can be. every time he comes on, he does well. He never moans, always works hard and thats only good for us. genuine squad depth.

players like monreal, rosicky, OX, Vermalen, Podolski are all good players in their own rights. Not starters though but come on and change games, or slot in like they have always been there. Look at Vermalen at united. he was superb there, Rosicky is great when he plays. Good players who just push the current first team to be better. we've moaned about squad depth for a while now, but we finally have it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to have 2 quality LB's competing for that spot.

And to think this time last season we had Gervinho on the left wing, Santos at left back and an out of form Ramsey on the other wing.

The difference a year makes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsene
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.