User Tag List

Page 601 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915996006016026036116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 13837

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We don't have enough threads slaughtering Ramsey.
    Would you have a problem if this was about Podolski and not Ramsey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    More of an observation than sending him to the slaughterhouse in fairness, not often Wenget echos the thoughts of the fans but he's done so here.
    What if he's finally taken to criticising his own players because of the inner paranoia that comes now that he's finally realised that he isn't very good anymore.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't mind Ramsey having some arrogance to his game because all the best players have it, it's just got to be managed properly.

Quite pleased Wenget has spoken about this in public tbh.

Time for Ramzi to step up with a Big Man moment in his country on Sunday.
    Everyone needs to step up to be fair (well everyone bar Alexis)

Mertesacker needs to be more aggressively aerially and beat Bony to the ball

Ramsey needs to play for the team and not for himself and his goal tally

Both he and Flamini need to stop being caught in Possession, in doubt hoof it out

Welbeck needs to stop dropping deep, keep making the runs and Cazorla and Ramsey need to find him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Would you have a problem if this was about Podolski and not Ramsey?
    I don't have a problem. The fans queueing up to pile on Ramsey have the problem. The guy's coming back from an injury, he's getting his form back. Everyone jumping on his case is counter-productive. One of Wenger's best traits has been his refusal to throw individuals to the wolves. It's interesting the guy can say a hundred positive things and get laughed out of the room. The first negative thing and suddenly Wenger needs to be listened to, suddenly he knows. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to speak about the team, of course he does. I'm more amused at the people who hate him suddenly hanging on his every word.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    What if he's finally taken to criticising his own players because of the inner paranoia that comes now that he's finally realised that he isn't very good anymore.
    This is more likely. Arteta was the front man after that draw that was really a defeat. Wenger seems to be hiding. He should have been front and centre taking the responsibility for that collapse because he's the common factor in a long list of collapses.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I think in fairness Ramsey's performance served as a microcosm for what we did wrong as a team in that game

But even before the injury he was performing poorly, and no World Cup fatigue to use as an excuse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a problem. The fans queueing up to pile on Ramsey have the problem. The guy's coming back from an injury, he's getting his form back. Everyone jumping on his case is counter-productive. One of Wenger's best traits has been his refusal to throw individuals to the wolves. It's interesting the guy can say a hundred positive things and get laughed out of the room. The first negative thing and suddenly Wenger needs to be listened to, suddenly he knows. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to speak about the team, of course he does. I'm more amused at the people who hate him suddenly hanging on his every word.
    I must be one of his worst critics on here but I don't hate him. However, if he had joined us 3 years ago, was taking out 8 mill a year whilst bringing in players like Flamin, Sonogo & the dodgy Swede, then telling us that we are title contenders then I would hate him. This simply means I don't hate because of the past. I don't however listen to him at all anymore, I find it quite embarrassing especially if I'm with mates who support other teams. He has the money to NOT have players like Monreal, Merts, Flamini, Arteta, Giroud in the starting 11 but he continues to firmly believe he can compete at the top with 5 or 6 players in our starting line up that wouldn't even make the subs bench of the top teams we're up against.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of people on here who seem to hate him. I don't include those who think his time is up and he ought to move on, which is just about everyone from what I can see.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But where's your defence when fans 'round' on Podolski, Chesney, Sanogo, Cazorla or whoever else has had a bad performance? Where's your own restraint when it's not one of your favourite players?

The interesting thing about Ramsey's case is the fact that Wenger has spoken about his role in public. It's rare, it's different and I won't criticise him for that when it's an opinion most of us already shared before Wenger went public. It's not hanging on his word. Am I supposed to slate Wenger for it? What often pisses people off is his bland explanations or excuses for poor performances and it's not helped his case because he comes off like he's totally clueless and delusional.

There should be no exceptions when we're performing badly. I don't see how you can talk about this team needing a kick up the backside each week but willing to excuse one of our top performers for ignoring the managers instructions and having a mare.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    But where's your defence when fans 'round' on Podolski, Chesney, Sanogo, Cazorla or whoever else has had a bad performance? Where's your own restraint when it's not one of your favourite players?

The interesting thing about Ramsey's case is the fact that Wenger has spoken about his role in public. It's rare, it's different and I won't criticise him for that when it's an opinion most of us already shared before Wenger went public. It's not hanging on his word. Am I supposed to slate Wenger for it? What often pisses people off is his bland explanations or excuses for poor performances and it's not helped his case because he comes off like he's totally clueless and delusional.

There should be no exceptions when we're performing badly. I don't see how you can talk about this team needing a kick up the backside each week but willing to excuse one of our top performers for ignoring the managers instructions and having a mare.

The post match press conferences don't bother me, it's not like I'd watch them to derive any meaningful information and his bland excuses just tend to be manager speak because he won't go public with stuff like admitting he's made a mistake.
    His problem is stubborn adherence to his principles, the three title winning sides were exceptional but they cannot be replicated and that's what he doesn't accept.
    And the board don't really care if he can replicate his past success because somehow he's still giving them stability.