User Tag List

Page 602 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 1025025525926006016026036046126527021102 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    The only positive thing I can say for Mourinho (because for me he is a revolting little narcissist) is that whatever I think of him he gets the best out of his players, this Chelsea side work incredibly hard especially in contests with their rivals.

Wenger doesn't get the best out of his players because as much as I'm sure most of the players their like him, I'm not sure they respect him....in days past most creative players dreamed of having Wenger as their manager because he would allow them to realise their full potential.

Now days I think he is too busy shoe horning players into this Barcelona lite system, and only guys like Alexis have the presence of mind to think "I'm just going to use my best attributes as a player the way I was coached to by Pep and Tito"
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 07-11-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    The post match press conferences don't bother me, it's not like I'd watch them to derive any meaningful information and his bland excuses just tend to be manager speak because he won't go public with stuff like admitting he's made a mistake.
    His problem is stubborn adherence to his principles, the three title winning sides were exceptional but they cannot be replicated and that's what he doesn't accept.
    And the board don't really care if he can replicate his past success because somehow he's still giving them stability.
    Oh yeah, we never usually get any useful information out of Wenger for press conferences. I gave up on waiting to see a reaction a long time ago. But when you correlate the interviews with his stubborn attitude, team selection and tactics, it's suggests maybe he's not playing his cards to his chest and is just tactically poor and a bit delusional. His approach with the press doesn't fill me with any confidence at all and it's partly why I feel he's really out of touch on the tactical side. Oblivious to our flaws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why didn't wenger make the required changes during the game and give instructions to ramsey in the second half to sit in at time and not bomb forward.Good managers tend to do that you know rather than sitting on his hands in the dugout and saying nothing.Managers can change the tactics during the match to adapt to what the opposition are doing ,well some can anyway.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to make it clear I fucking hate wenger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger brands Paul Merson 'a joke' for his outspoken attack on club's defence

Merson, who is now a television pundit, had described Arsenal’s defending in the 3-3 against Anderlecht in the Champions League last Tuesday, when they surrendered a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3, as “tactically clueless,”. Wenger inherited Merson as a player when he took over at Arsenal in 1995 but sold him to Middlesbrough the following year.

The Frenchman hinted he had found managing Merson an exasperating experience. He said: “I managed him. I tried. I’m not interested in Paul Merson.”

In his criticism on Tuesday, Merson had accused Arsenal of being “like an under-12 team, all bombing forward.”

Wenger responded: “These debates I hear are a joke, a farce. People who have managed altogether zero games [Merson was briefly in charge of Walsall], they teach everybody how you should behave. It’s a farce.

“Honestly, I cannot even be upset about it. People criticise without any proven fact, just because they love to criticise. It’s much more about bitterness than any real objective facts.”
    Oh dear Wenget

It's getting to him

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    I just want to make it clear I fucking hate wenger.
    Really? I'd never have guessed

Three league titles and five FA cups means hating him is just not an option for me, but in the ruthless football world he has stayed too long and whilst I don't think he's destroying his legacy entirely (like Clough at Forest) we are as stale as the French loaf in my bread bin under his management. 4th is fine but really only as a firm foundation for a new man to build on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Oh dear Wenget

It's getting to him
    Well Arsene, the only fact is we blew a 3 goal lead against a nothing team. Of course that's going to attract extreme criticism and it will only get worse if we don't win today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear Wenget

It's getting to him
    Tbf Mersey is wrong, we got our arses handed to us because we stopped "bombing forwards" and relied on our "defensive character and strength"
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear Wenget

It's getting to him
    Have you ever seen Soccer Saturday?

Merson is a joke.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.