User Tag List

Page 747 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 2476476977377457467477487497577978471247 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Also, I think it goes way beyond player signings now. Wenger's methods and systems just aren't good enough, regardless who is playing or who he signs in the summer. Fans have known it for a while but I think the players are really showing signs of losing faith as well.
    Totally agree, I've lost all faith in Wenger, a summer of him signing world class players wouldn't change that for me because I honestly don't think or trust him to get it right. He's done at the top level, he needs to move aside and let someone else have a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only has the manager stagnated and failed to make any progress, a lot of our players have been stuck in a rut for years now. Walcott, Gibbs, Ramsay etc just don't do anything of note. Gibbs and Walcott don't play enough games, they are happy to coast along earning thousands of pounds a week. The whole culture is need of wholesale changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to be a tough balancing act over the summer. Wenger has fucked us good and proper and needs to go. That much is beyond reasonable dispute. However, there will be plenty of anti-Arsenal snipers out there looking to capitalise on the damage Wenger has done and continues to do. Through all of this it's going to be key to stick up for the club and spit back in those wankers' faces, yet remain committed to removing the cause of all our problems - Wenger.

First up will be the attack on our players. If they can be unsettled then that's a big win for our haters. Durham has started the ball rolling with an early attack. Apparently the best player in the league is not suited to the league. Alexis will be next and I'm sure Bellerin's name will crop up too. Ideal scenario for the haters is Ozil gone, Alexis gone, Bellerin gone or badly unsettled - and Wenger to remain. We need the opposite to happen. The odds are against us.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Going to be a tough balancing act over the summer. Wenger has fucked us good and proper and needs to go. That much is beyond reasonable dispute. However, there will be plenty of anti-Arsenal snipers out there looking to capitalise on the damage Wenger has done and continues to do. Through all of this it's going to be key to stick up for the club and spit back in those wankers' faces, yet remain committed to removing the cause of all our problems - Wenger.

First up will be the attack on our players. If they can be unsettled then that's a big win for our haters. Durham has started the ball rolling with an early attack. Apparently the best player in the league is not suited to the league. Alexis will be next and I'm sure Bellerin's name will crop up too. Ideal scenario for the haters is Ozil gone, Alexis gone, Bellerin gone or badly unsettled - and Wenger to remain. We need the opposite to happen. The odds are against us.
    I agree with Durham for once but overall you are right. People will try to exploit this situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I agree with Durham for once but overall you are right. People will try to exploit this situation.
    Yeah i think Durham makes some good points, Ozil is brilliant and his assist tally is no fluke but overall i don't think he is the type of player to take us to the next level (unless we buy a proper striker) where as Sanchez can score goals out of nothing (See West Brom game) and win us games on his own.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Interesting if he can't take us forward, because I think he is capable of taking almost every other team forward

Frankly if it was a choice between him and Sanchez, would choose Ozil all day long. Sanchez's one footedness has been found out and lots of teams defend to stop him from cutting inside plus you don't see the work rate from him as much this season.

Don't get me wrong I think keeping him and Ozil are a must, but if we lose anyone for me got to be the Chilean I think there are plenty of like for like replacements out there. The level of Ozils footballing intelligence and ability to see a pass would only be surpassed by someone like Xavi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Interesting if he can't take us forward, because I think he is capable of taking almost every other team forward

Frankly if it was a choice between him and Sanchez, would choose Ozil all day long. Sanchez's one footedness has been found out and lots of teams defend to stop him from cutting inside plus you don't see the work rate from him as much this season.

Don't get me wrong I think keeping him and Ozil are a must, but if we lose anyone for me got to be the Chilean I think there are plenty of like for like replacements out there. The level of Ozils footballing intelligence and ability to see a pass would only be surpassed by someone like Xavi.
    We finished 3rd/4th before Ozil came and we are still 3rd/4th with im here so he hasnt taken us a step up, although thats not because he isnt world class but not what we need to go up a level. This team needs goal a goal scorer who can get 30 a season and win us those tough 0-1s away from home. Ozil is a class player but if i was to choose between him and Sanchez i'd choose Sanchez because of his goal threat and direct impact on the team.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    If we want a 30 goal a season player, it would be prudent to buy one.....where as someone who plays on the wing and chips in with 15-20 goals a season are all over the place.

a 30 goal a season player would be best assisted by someone who can provide him with those goals, and no-one in our central midfield has the ability to provide the constant goal scoring opportunities that Ozil does.

The reason Ozil hasn't individually taken us forward is because we have a deficient Manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post

Xavi is the wrong player to compare him with. That’s probably where our little debate falls down. If he was operating from a deeper position similar to a Pirlo or Xavi, I’d take your point on board and the comparison would be welcome. You also say Sanchez is predictable but at our worse, he’s been the one making a difference. Isn’t it possible that his off form moment was down to recovering from injury like he said?