User Tag List

Page 763 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 2636637137537617627637647657738138631263 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bacary Sagna .... we want you to stayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

Watford's manager is leaving

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/statu...59175195836417

Would take him here all day

This is the problem, rightly or wrongly the opinion of Wenger is so low than any Tom, dick or Harry would be considered better. I still remember someone on here saying Pulis would be a better choice.....nuts.

If we want an average manager we might as well stick with the one we have.

Certainly hope the board shows more ambition than you when the time comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    This is the problem, rightly or wrongly the opinion of Wenger is so low than any Tom, dick or Harry would be considered better. I still remember someone on here saying Pulis would be a better choice.....nuts.

If we want an average manager we might as well stick with the one we have.

Certainly hope the board shows more ambition than you when the time comes.
    Would you rather have an average manager that is tight firsted and patronises the fans as well as making excuses for his poor performance left right and centre or an average manager that spends and accepts his mistakes?

If you asked me if I'd rather have Wenger signing on for another 2 years or another manager where things could possibly change it's no competition for me, more of the same would be unbearable, as would his smug arrogant patronising manner.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Would you rather have an average manager that is tight firsted and patronises the fans as well as making excuses for his poor performance left right and centre or an average manager that spends and accepts his mistakes?

If you asked me if I'd rather have Wenger signing on for another 2 years or another manager where things could possibly change it's no competition for me, more of the same would be unbearable, as would his smug arrogant patronising manner.
    That's where we differ, i want Wenger to go because i want someone in who can take us forward.....you want Wenger to go because you don't like him.

Wenger's inaction in the transfer market and his press conferences are frustrating, but i wouldn't care about either if we were competing.

If we had won the title and Wenger had said "well we would have got an even higher points total if the fans had been more supportive" do you think anyone would really be that up in arms?.

Get someone in who has real ambitions and real ability by all means, but let's not pretend that thinking anyone would be better than Wenger is anything other familiarity breeding contempt.

The hypothetrical you present shouldn't be a neccessary choice whether Wenger goes in 2017 or 2019, his replacement should be someone capable of winning us the league and taking us further in the Champions League.

Maybe you think that qualifies QSF because of a Europa league final win over Roy Hodgson's Fulham in 2010, i beg to differ.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 13-05-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    That's probably me done then. I can't imagine how I'd be able to stand another three seasons of this shit. The odd Alexis run, the odd Ozil pass, the impetuosity of Iwobi (which Wenger is busy training out of him), what else? I have literally fallen asleep during games this season.

Kroenke will urge him to sign early if we make a strong start next season? So all the joy of winning will be sucked away as the consequences unfold. It's like we're cursed for all eternity. It seems like an eternity anyway.
    No me neither, what kind of clowns would offer a manager a new contract in the current climate, it's beyond a joke.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    If the story is true, i think it's more of a result of a leak from the board/owner to put pressure on Wenger

a way of saying "you are going into the last year of your contract, if you are going we need to know before the end of the season to plan for that contingency"

They don't want to take the step of not offering him a new one which is a bit spineless, and if he signs than all the pressure shifts from them onto Wenger for signing it.

Wenger puts up with being used as a lightning rod because he knows he wouldn't have got the same level of "support" and autonomy anywhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where we differ, i want Wenger to go because i want someone in who can take us forward.....you want Wenger to go because you don't like him.

Wenger's inaction in the transfer market and his press conferences are frustrating, but i wouldn't care about either if we were competing.

If we had won the title and Wenger had said "well we would have got an even higher points total if the fans had been more supportive" do you think anyone would really be that up in arms?.

Get someone in who has real ambitions and real ability by all means, but let's not pretend that thinking anyone would be better than Wenger is anything other familiarity breeding contempt.

It shouldn't be a neccessary choice whether Wenger goes in 2017 or 2019, his replacement should be someone capable of winning us the league and taking us further in the Champions League.

Maybe you think that qualifies QSF because of a Europa league final win over Roy Hodgson's Fulham in 2010, i beg to differ.
    I want him gone for lots of reasons:

- He's tactically inept
    - He's cheap
    - He's a very poor planner
    - He is convinced we play good football and entertain despite the rubbish we put out week in week out
    - He insists on relying on injury prone players year after year despite them always getting injured
    - He doesn't really address/recognise problem areas
    - His substitutions seem to be planned before the season has started
    - He's full of excuses and accepts no responsibility
    - He patronises the fans and is arrogant
    - He's too loyal to players who don't perform
    - He spends too much on the future and not enough on the present
    - He's very inflexible with regards style of play
    - He doesn't study the opposition
    - 4th place is like winning the league for him

So you see it's not just that I don't like him, though I admit his patronising manner does get up my nose, I feel a manager should be more humble (one that hasn't been that successful in recent times in particular) and should be accountable for his mistakes.

In an ideal world I want someone to take us to the next level obviously, someone already proven as top class, but until a change is made we'll never know how well someone else does, look at Ranieri for example, in addition changing manager would bring back some hope, excitement and unpredictability, Wenger is just so predictable and that is very very dull indeed, that's why I feel he's the most boring manager in world football.

As for if he'd won the league, well he didn't and he never will because of the way he is, there's no if and buts with Wenger he's so rigid there's really only one outcome.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    There is never any guarantee that a new manager will lead to success, and yes it is a gamble worth taking.

My issue is with people thinking that "any" manager could be doing a better job than Wenger, which seems to me frankly ridiculous especially when so many of the people we have named as potential successors have fallen hard.

It's not an excuse to keep things going as they, but it's a reason to be extremely careful to make sure we get the right man in and not just "Wengers a cunt, anyone could do a better job than him". It's that kind of mentality which means those who want a manager change aren't taken as seriously as they should be.

And as much as Wengers attitude gets up your nose, someone saying that a journeyman like Quique Sanchez Flores would be a preferable choice gets up mine. I just think I'm glad that the choice won't be yours.

To a lesser extent I feel the same about Koeman, he is for me too old not to have won a big trophy in a major league so he should not be a consideration no matter how well he's done with Southampton. If we are to take a gamble I'd rather it with a younger man like Thomas Tuchel or Unai Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is never any guarantee that a new manager will lead to success, and yes it is a gamble worth taking.

My issue is with people thinking that "any" manager could be doing a better job than Wenger, which seems to me frankly ridiculous especially when so many of the people we have named as potential successors have fallen hard.

It's not an excuse to keep things going as they, but it's a reason to be extremely careful to make sure we get the right man in and not just "Wengers a cunt, anyone could do a better job than him". It's that kind of mentality which means those who want a manager change aren't taken as seriously as they should be.

And as much as Wengers attitude gets up your nose, someone saying that a journeyman like Quique Sanchez Flores would be a preferable choice gets up mine. I just think I'm glad that the choice won't be yours.

To a lesser extent I feel the same about Koeman, he is for me too old not to have won a big trophy in a major league so he should not be a consideration no matter how well he's done with Southampton. If we are to take a gamble I'd rather it with a younger man like Thomas Tuchel or Unai Emery.
    Tuchel for me hasn't really proven himself, he's not won anything either and to be honest seeing as he inherited a team full of talent he's hasn't done a mindblowingly good job at Dortmund, their CL exit followed by that embarrassment by Liverpool really don't help, Emery is a good bet however, as I've said before Simeone would be my choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all academic anyway. The one thing that seems certain is he's here next season and so are our despicable board. So we can declare the result now. Speaking of the future in the past tense, as it is safe to do as an Arsenal fan... We finished 3rd or 4th, got owned in Europe, played understrength sides in the cups and got knocked out and collapsed at the key moment when we could have mounted a title challenge.

So then 2017/18 - wonder what will happen? Will Wenger push his luck even further and stay on or will he bring a yes-man in and drive from the back seat?

It's all so exciting.
    Für eure Sicherheit