User Tag List

Page 764 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 2646647147547627637647657667748148641264 ... LastLast
Results 7,631 to 7,640 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I want him gone for lots of reasons:

- He's tactically inept
    - He's cheap
    - He's a very poor planner
    - He is convinced we play good football and entertain despite the rubbish we put out week in week out
    - He insists on relying on injury prone players year after year despite them always getting injured
    - He doesn't really address/recognise problem areas
    - His substitutions seem to be planned before the season has started
    - He's full of excuses and accepts no responsibility
    - He patronises the fans and is arrogant
    - He's too loyal to players who don't perform
    - He spends too much on the future and not enough on the present
    - He's very inflexible with regards style of play
    - He doesn't study the opposition
    - 4th place is like winning the league for him

So you see it's not just that I don't like him, though I admit his patronising manner does get up my nose, I feel a manager should be more humble (one that hasn't been that successful in recent times in particular) and should be accountable for his mistakes.

In an ideal world I want someone to take us to the next level obviously, someone already proven as top class, but until a change is made we'll never know how well someone else does, look at Ranieri for example, in addition changing manager would bring back some hope, excitement and unpredictability, Wenger is just so predictable and that is very very dull indeed, that's why I feel he's the most boring manager in world football.

As for if he'd won the league, well he didn't and he never will because of the way he is, there's no if and buts with Wenger he's so rigid there's really only one outcome.
    What do you like about Arsenal in its current status?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    What do you like about Arsenal in its current status?
    Not a lot to be honest, it's a shadow of the club it once was, I'd argue as far away from a football club as you get in football today, no respect from the manager or owners, most of the players just pick up their pay packets and are actually not too bothered about whether they win or not, noone there really cares about the football or the results, it's basically all about money, I can't name one other club that behaves this way, what's worse is they get away with it scott free and actually have people defending their policies.

People say Wenger and co have made this club what it is, well if that's the case there's not an awful lot to thank them for IMO.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Tuchel for me hasn't really proven himself, he's not won anything either and to be honest seeing as he inherited a team full of talent he's hasn't done a mindblowingly good job at Dortmund, their CL exit followed by that embarrassment by Liverpool really don't help, Emery is a good bet however, as I've said before Simeone would be my choice.
    Champions league exit?....they didn't qualify for the champions league in Klopps last season

They finished second in the Bundesliga pushing Bayern to the penultimate game of the season, and achieved a points total higher than Dortmund did under Klopp when winning the Bundesliga. You can call losing to a club managed by your own club's previous manager who has worked with almost all the players in that side and knows their strengths and weaknesses an embarrassment if you like. I think looking at the way Dortmund play and that this is only his first season in charge after a very promising start to his managerial career with Mainz this is a manager in the ascendancy.

I think Dortmund look good to watch and work hard when they don't have the ball. What Simeone has done is admirable, but a) i don't find Atleti's style of play in anyway enjoyable and b) I can't imagine he'd want to leave Spain.....you'd think if he had wanted to leave he'd have gone to Chelsea.

But then i could be wrong, he wouldn't be my top choice....but if we got him I certainly wouldn't be disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a lot to be honest
    I know but what actually do you like, specifically? I ask because going by that previous list, there isn't a single thing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I think at the risk of answering for him that he loves the club just not its current trajectory.

And I think apart from a few idiots no fan is satisfied with how the club is at the moment regardless of whether they are Wenger in or out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Champions league exit?....they didn't qualify for the champions league in Klopps last season

They finished second in the Bundesliga pushing Bayern to the penultimate game of the season, and achieved a points total higher than Dortmund did under Klopp when winning the Bundesliga. You can call losing to a club managed by your own club's previous manager who has worked with almost all the players in that side and knows their strengths and weaknesses an embarrassment if you like. I think looking at the way Dortmund play and that this is only his first season in charge after a very promising start to his managerial career with Mainz this is a manager in the ascendancy.

I think Dortmund look good to watch and work hard when they don't have the ball. What Simeone has done is admirable, but a) i don't find Atleti's style of play in anyway enjoyable and b) I can't imagine he'd want to leave Spain.....you'd think if he had wanted to leave he'd have gone to Chelsea.

But then i could be wrong, he wouldn't be my top choice....but if we got him I certainly wouldn't be disappointed.
    Apologies I got my wires crossed.

2nd to Guardiola's Bayern who IMO aren't that great so it's not unexpected they'd finish 2nd since there's not much competition in Germany and they certainly have the 2nd best squad of players. It was an embarrassment as they capitulated to be honest, they should have seen out the match easily enough against a Liverpool team who aren't all that great.

For me I don't want to have pretty play with a soft centre, I want a team who can defend and can perform at the top level and upset the odds, unless you have the best team winning with attacking football with not such a good defence doesn't work, build from the back and add flair to open up defences and some goals up front and you'll be likely to be challenging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I know but what actually do you like, specifically? I ask because going by that previous list, there isn't a single thing.
    What do I like, some of the players but that's about it really at the moment, there's not much to revere unless finances interest you because on a purely football basis this isn't much of a football club anymore.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-jurgen-klopp

I think judging Tuchel through the prism of a two legged tie against Liverpool is frankly ludicrous

I think this is a guy who has it in him to surpass Jurgen Klopp if he stays at Dortmund, he has a great sense of tactical flexibility and getting the best performances out of players.

I honestly think Tuchel is exactly the kind of manager we are looking for, the innovator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-jurgen-klopp

I think judging Tuchel through the prism of a two legged tie against Liverpool is frankly ludicrous

I think this is a guy who has it in him to surpass Jurgen Klopp if he stays at Dortmund, he has a great sense of tactical flexibility and getting the best performances out of players.

I honestly think Tuchel is exactly the kind of manager we are looking for, the innovator.
    Based on that article this guy sounds like another Wenger, not sure that's a good thing, he seems to overcomplicate the game to me.

Jurgen Klopp laid all the foundations, his team won the Bundesligue and got to a CL final and were one of the best in Europe, despite his last season Tuchel inherited a great team so what he's not so far is nothing to ride home about. Dortmund should have won the Europa league based on the amount of talent in their team, their 2nd capitulation against Liverpool for me was a big surprise and I thought they were better than that, you might call it one game but it was the manner in which it happened against a Liverpool side in the rebuilding stage that was shocking.

IMO he's achieved nothing special in his career and what he's done at Dortmund isn't anything amazing either when you compare him to other potential candidates who have won things and outwitted superior teams with greater resources.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Basically following in Klopps footsteps he took Mainz to promotion and instead of getting them relegated again qualified them for Europe.

This same Dortmund side finished 7th last season and he's turned them into a much better side, took Klopp three years to win what he did with Dortmund. So for me certainly interesting to see what he does next season.

Love how you say sounds like another Wenger to me like it's a bad thing, would you have rather Wenger never joined Arsenal?.

Frankly I think a younger Version of Wenger who is a bit more tactically minded is exactly what the club needs. The problem with Wenger is that he is stale and no longer an innovator, but Tuchel for me is. He is clearly getting the best out of Aubemeyang and a lot of the other players who looked tired and worn.