User Tag List

Page 792 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 2926927427827907917927937948028428921292 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 13826

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/pre...-messi-ronaldo

The Chile international does not believe he is inferior to any other player and feels his abilities match those of the two most recent Ballon d'Or winners
    Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem with having confidence, he's certainly capable of producing moments like they do.

Though if he was regarded by others as being on their level, he probably wouldn't be playing for us and wouldn't have been sold by Barcelona.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 08-09-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not as good, had his chance to prove he was at the same level when he was at Barca and he was vastly outperformed and outscored by Messi, he's a very good player no doubt but certainly not at their level.

I don't think he'll ever be a realistic candidate for the ballo d'or, you've have to be extaordinary to get that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd usually agree with that but considering he's a two time Copa America winner and Messi chokes when it comes to internationals......maybe Alexis has a point.

He needs to step his game up for us this season but I wonder what his career would be like if the team was built around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a team game though, one player doesn't usually win you a tournament, what they do though is produce goals, create chances which the top top players do in abundance.

With all due respect to the Copa America it's not the hardest competition to win, teams that get nowhere in the World cup often win it or do very well.

Messi and Ronaldo score a hatful (Ronaldo scored loads in England too) and also score plenty in the CL.

If he gets 35-40 odd goals in a season and drags us from the edge of defeat a few times with his goals/performances then we can start talking about him being as good as them.
    Last edited by Özim; 08-09-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an exceptional player. One of the best and we're lucky to have him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he isn't but Messnaldo's bar is freakish and way above the norm of what we've seen for years. Take them out of the equation then sure, he'd have a genuine shout at the best player trophy. He's an exceptional player, we're really lucky to have him playing in our shirt and should enjoy it while it lasts. Love his confidence and that's the sort of belief you want to hear from your star players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It's a team game though, one player doesn't usually win you a tournament, what they do though is produce goals, create chances which the top top players do in abundance.

With all due respect to the Copa America it's not the hardest competition to win, teams that get nowhere in the World cup often win it or do very well.

Messi and Ronaldo score a hatful (Ronaldo scored loads in England too) and also score plenty in the CL.

If he gets 35-40 odd goals in a season and drags us from the edge of defeat a few times with his goals/performances then we can start talking about him being as good as them.
    It’s definitely a team game which is why I wonder what Alexis would do if he had his own team and better manager working with him. I don’t hold too much against him at Barca because Messi runs the show there.

If the Copa America isn’t that hard to win then why hasn’t Messi won it before. Last time Argentina won it was in the early 90s so I’m sure he wants it.

I question Messi’s pedigree a little because he has it made for him at Barca. I prefer him over Ronaldo. Style of play wise anyway. Touch, dribbling….excellent. But I rate Ronaldo higher because of what he did at Utd and what he’s been doing at Real and recently winning the Euros. It’s all not on his own of course but going to different teams, being out of your comfort zone and still winning and performing at a high level says a lot.

Back to Sanchez, winning back to back Copa Americas…I think he’d be up there as a Balon D’Or candidate if he wasn’t playing for Arsenal or if we’d perform better domestically and in the CL. Henry would have won the awards if weren’t so crap in the CL and I think Bergkamp should have had his moment up there also.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    It’s definitely a team game which is why I wonder what Alexis would do if he had his own team and better manager working with him. I don’t hold too much against him at Barca because Messi runs the show there.

If the Copa America isn’t that hard to win then why hasn’t Messi won it before. Last time Argentina won it was in the early 90s so I’m sure he wants it.

I question Messi’s pedigree a little because he has it made for him at Barca. I prefer him over Ronaldo. Style of play wise anyway. Touch, dribbling….excellent. But I rate Ronaldo higher because of what he did at Utd and what he’s been doing at Real and recently winning the Euros. It’s all not on his own of course but going to different teams, being out of your comfort zone and still winning and performing at a high level says a lot.

Back to Sanchez, winning back to back Copa Americas…I think he’d be up there as a Balon D’Or candidate if he wasn’t playing for Arsenal or if we’d perform better domestically and in the CL. Henry would have won the awards if weren’t so crap in the CL and I think Bergkamp should have had his moment up there also.
    Well there is no question that he isn't a fraction of the player he is for Argentina that he is for Barcelona, but as good as Neymar and Suarez are I'm not sure either could surpass the sheer volume of goals that Messi has scored for Barca.

Personally I have never understood why Argentina has not won another World Cup since 1986 as it's often had absolute top personnel but it appears that they've not had the winning mentality to go with it.

I actually think in the last thirty years (since Maradonna single handedly won them the World Cup, a feat as you point out Messi has been incapable of) they have been the biggest under achievers in world football with some of the talent they've produced.

But then maybe I've answered my own question, the difference between Maradonna and Messi is as well as being a top player and goal scorer he was a big personality and a leader on the pitch, that's something don't see in Messi.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 08-09-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he is near the two freaks level but what a superb player he is and I like that he always believes he can be better.