User Tag List

Page 804 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 3047047547948028038048058068148549041304 ... LastLast
Results 8,031 to 8,040 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Times reporting that Bellerin "could" reject a new contract offer to sign for City.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lure of Pep is a concern. Wenger's future being up in the air isn't going to help either.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    The Times reporting that Bellerin "could" reject a new contract offer to sign for City.
    Key word being "could".

He's still got three years left on a 30kpw deal and allegedly we're already trying to tie him down to a bigger and longer deal so there's no immediate short term concern.

That being said, he's mentioned in the past that Arteta and his wife were like parents to him when he first arrived in England .... that and the lure of playing under Pep and outrageous oil money thrown by the citeh could possibly be tempting. For our sake, I hope he doesn't get tempted because it's our RB position nailed down for the next 10 years.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    i think a player like bellerin is going to be hard to keep onto long term

especially whilst wenger is at the club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    We've as good as sold him already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget just how more appealing it is living in London compared to Manchester. That's definitely a factor for foreign players.

He's actually from the outskirts of Barcelona (Badalona) and not from the main Barcelona area so I'm less worried about them coming in than I'm for City, mainly because as mentioned above, the Pep + Arteta factor.

Though judging from some of the interviews he's given, he does seem to have a great affinity with the club and is immensely thankful for the opportunity and chance Wenger and the club have given him ... something he probably wouldn't have received at another top club - he'd probably still be languishing on the bench/youth team at Barca. Mind you, Cesc said the same thing and he ended up leaving though the circumstances are different now to then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Don't forget just how more appealing it is living in London compared to Manchester. That's definitely a factor for foreign players.

He's actually from the outskirts of Barcelona (Badalona) and not from the main Barcelona area so I'm less worried about them coming in than I'm for City, mainly because as mentioned above, the Pep + Arteta factor.

Though judging from some of the interviews he's given, he does seem to have a great affinity with the club and is immensely thankful for the opportunity and chance Wenger and the club have given him ... something he probably wouldn't have received at another top club - he'd probably still be languishing on the bench/youth team at Barca. Mind you, Cesc said the same thing and he ended up leaving though the circumstances are different now to then.
    He is also a cockney boy these days and i cant see him giving up London for ooop naarf!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...in-summer-2017

Santi and Per will be out of contract next season. We need to extend them asap. While I do not rate Per much, I think he is a great influence on the dressing room. We have made mistakes in our past life where we let go of our seniors because they werent the best on the field and we suffered off it because of that.

Santi doesnt even need a rethink. Sign this man up! One of the best players for Arsenal since he joined.

And whats happening with Ozil and Sanchez?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...in-summer-2017

Santi and Per will be out of contract next season. We need to extend them asap. While I do not rate Per much, I think he is a great influence on the dressing room. We have made mistakes in our past life where we let go of our seniors because they werent the best on the field and we suffered off it because of that.

Santi doesnt even need a rethink. Sign this man up! One of the best players for Arsenal since he joined.

And whats happening with Ozil and Sanchez?
    Couldn't agree with you anymore. Santi especially is a no brainer. With his technique he can keep going on for several more years to come - you don't lose that level of class willingly. Per I think is more expendable (though I want to keep him) especially with how imperious Mustafi has been ............ another possible victim of the Arsenal captain curse. Might want to spend his final years at a mid table team in Germany rather than fighting to get a place on the bench with Gabriel and Holding.

Ozil looks set to sign. Alexis seems up more up in the air ..... think his depends on the type of season we have. A repeat of last year and I think he may wait to see if a Real or a PSG come sniffing around next summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're back to 1 year contract extensions. That's the sort of deal Per is on. I can't see us keeping him even though we should. Same goes for Santi. All this news about young Hector....now if the threat from City is genuine, this is where you offer a young player a really good contract. We got it all wrong with Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott and Ox.