User Tag List

Page 812 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 3127127628028108118128138148228629121312 ... LastLast
Results 8,111 to 8,120 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Cant blame anyone not wanting to sign a new deal with Wenger in charge. I'd leave too (if I was a star player)
    Cant blame anyone not wanting to sign a new deal with Wenger in charge. I'd leave too (if I was a star player)
    Bollocks. If you were offered 300k a week to remain in London playing for a top club your Sri Lankan ass would sign faster than you can say "Wenger out", regardless of who the manager was.

Alexis simply has more leverage in negotiations simply because:

A) His position and how few top strikers there are in the world
    B) The fact he's more prepared to move abroad as he's played in several countries already and is used to it.

Alexis' people have just seen what the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Pogba etc etc have signed for and he wants some kind of parity with them and thus they're driving a hard bargain in negotiations like Theo's people were a few years ago.

As you've seen with slimeballs like Pogba, Mkhirtyian etc, a lack of CL football or the downward spiral of a club has nothing to do with it, if the money is there. It has nothing to do with managers and if anything, Wenger's a more enticing figure for players to sign simply because of his reputation in the game (fairly or unfairly).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American star players who's ever heard of that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Especially when they aren't American at all, but from Bangladesh.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Bollocks. If you were offered 300k a week to remain in London playing for a top club your Sri Lankan ass would sign faster than you can say "Wenger out", regardless of who the manager was.

Alexis simply has more leverage in negotiations simply because:

A) His position and how few top strikers there are in the world
    B) The fact he's more prepared to move abroad as he's played in several countries already and is used to it.

Alexis' people have just seen what the likes of Bale, Ronaldo, Pogba etc etc have signed for and he wants some kind of parity with them and thus they're driving a hard bargain in negotiations like Theo's people were a few years ago.

As you've seen with slimeballs like Pogba, Mkhirtyian etc, a lack of CL football or the downward spiral of a club has nothing to do with it, if the money is there. It has nothing to do with managers and if anything, Wenger's a more enticing figure for players to sign simply because of his reputation in the game (fairly or unfairly).
    I'd take 250K in Madrid or Munich (less taxes) and play for a better manager than stay in London to play for Wenger. Pogba and the likes you mentioned moved because of money AND the chance to play at the highest level. For Pogba (at this point), it looks like a step in the wrong direction because Mourinho seems to be in meltdown, but there was plenty that was appealing about joining Man Utd other than the money.

I am not saying money is not an important factor in the negotiations.. it definitely is. I just think that he'd be prepared to take a lower amount if he felt like he had a realistic chance of winning the champions league and the league.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Ever watch NFL, NBA or MLB? We are the world series winners in all of them!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently watching "Premier League World" on SS1, Ray Parlour

I'm sure it's been on before, but it was bloody brilliant.
    Last edited by adzzzbatch; 16-11-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Great man. Impossible not to love him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take 250K in Madrid or Munich (less taxes) and play for a better manager than stay in London to play for Wenger. Pogba and the likes you mentioned moved because of money AND the chance to play at the highest level. For Pogba (at this point), it looks like a step in the wrong direction because Mourinho seems to be in meltdown, but there was plenty that was appealing about joining Man Utd other than the money.

I am not saying money is not an important factor in the negotiations.. it definitely is. I just think that he'd be prepared to take a lower amount if he felt like he had a realistic chance of winning the champions league and the league.
    Yep, from what I can make of the situation it seems Ozil is more settled in London and more keen to sign on providing we match his wage demands and ambitions (don't laugh).

The Alexis situation seems quite tricky...it seems he is open to signing on but only if we bow to his demands, I.E. wage demands, ambitions (don't laugh), release clause in contract etc...he's basically not fully committing and is looking for a quick way out if things don't go according to plan. I don't for one minute think any amount of spin from Wenger will wash with either Ozil or Alexis this time.

I know I have gone slightly off topic here but I am basically agreeing with your point that I have highlighted above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.