User Tag List

Page 823 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 3237237738138218228238248258338739231323 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,230 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yes of course, and Letters is fully aware of that. The alternative to treating the cups this way is to say the whole Emirates project was so we could compete with Hull and Wigan in the FA Cup. IIRC that's not what was said as Highbury was being knocked down. They were going on about "European elite", "team worthy of the stadium", and even more recently have been mentioning Bayern Munich. So no, the FA Cup in no way shape or form represents success, not the by our supposed standards. A nice day out, that's what it is these days.
    Exactly. I think a new question to ask is whether people would want Wenger to stay on if we were to somehow win the league or CL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Exactly. I think a new question to ask is whether people would want Wenger to stay on if we were to somehow win the league or CL?
    Well yes, because we'd want to keep anyone who was capable of performing miracles.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    No because his time is up regardless, he's going to be 68 this year so how much more does he have left to give? If by some miracle we won the league or CL then I'd think he'd be stupid not to bow out on that high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    No because his time is up regardless, he's going to be 68 this year so how much more does he have left to give? If by some miracle we won the league or CL then I'd think he'd be stupid not to bow out on that high.
    CL would be the perfect exit. I'd be happy for him if he won that and moved on. I was going to say he should have left after the FA Cups, but at least we're not left wondering if he needed more time to just build a team with the new sponsorship money.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    This was discussed on Arsenal fan tv the other day

On one hand it's easy to answer because no one believes Arsene Wenger is capable of delivering us the European cup

On the other hand even if it was possible even the sentimentalists would think fantastic he should go out with a bang and not a whimper.

I still just about care about us winning trophies more than who the manager is, but frankly I can see myself thinking if he signs an extension that not only do I think we won't win big trophies I wouldn't want us to almost because it would further delay his departure.

I still like and respect Wenger, but I've long ago had enough of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news, Sanogo is included in the CL squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elneny just put Egypt ahead in the AFCON final.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Elneny just put Egypt ahead in the AFCON final.
    https://u.nya.is/crnenc.mp4
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird how Egypt never qualify for World Cups despite their success in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We miss that guy. I rate him.