User Tag List

Page 834 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 3347347848248328338348358368448849341334 ... LastLast
Results 8,331 to 8,340 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it's off the cuff.

Quid pro quo - we don't tell you how to do your job so don't tell us how to do ours.
    We also know the above is not true because he’s always quick to share his thoughts on how a club should be run. It’s one to think about for those that have a problem with the way Stan runs this club. Wenger knows how to play the cards close to his chest if he wants to avoid a question so I don’t buy the idea that he’s just going along with company policy. I believe he’s been instrumental to how the club is run and I can’t imagine him and Stan disagreeing much on how clubs should be financed.

Since Wenger’s not actually spending millions from Stan’s personal bank account or other business ventures, the owner hasn’t got much to threat about since what’s been invested is self-generated (fans). It’s a different story if he has an owner that’s spending his own money and wants answers if we’re not delivering. Wenger knows this. He’s no fool. Self-preservation.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    He’s no fool. Self-preservation.
    Which to be fair was what i was saying, he isn't going to differ with the approach taken by the board as long as he's given total autonomy in a football sense and if he's asked about it he will take the party line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Which to be fair was what i was saying, he isn't going to differ with the approach taken by the board as long as he's given total autonomy in a football sense and if he's asked about it he will take the party line.
    It's more than just the party line. You only have to look at what he's said about club ownership before Stan joined to see his ideas on how clubs should be financed. So for me, it goes a little beyond being unhappy with the results. Yes, I'm sick of the results but I also think he helps facilitate the lecherous culture we now have at the club. It's easy to ignore Wenger's role in this. There are people out there that believe he's not getting the support from Stan and blame the owners but won't say a word against Wenger.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    It's more than just the party line. You only have to look at what he's said about club ownership before Stan joined to see his ideas on how clubs should be financed. So for me, it goes a little beyond being unhappy with the results. Yes, I'm sick of the results but I also think he helps facilitate the lecherous culture we now have at the club. It's easy to ignore Wenger's role in this. There are people out there that believe he's not getting the support from Stan and blame the owners but won't say a word against Wenger.
    Well to be fair i also think clubs should be self-sufficient and that the bulk of a club's money should come from gate receipts

And it's because of this large amount we as fans pay that we are not seeing the returns of, on the pitch that is my biggest gripe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well to be fair i also think clubs should be self-sufficient and that the bulk of a club's money should come from gate receipts

And it's because of this large amount we as fans pay that we are not seeing the returns of, on the pitch that is my biggest gripe.

What's your view on Stan Kroenke?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't like him but not because his lack of investment in the club, but because he's using the club as part of his financial portfolio.....basically an asset with which he can borrow at equitable rate of interests for other ventures.

I like the three million paid out to KSE which is clearly an alternative to a dividend even less

I don't particularly like having one owner (or majority shareholder in the case of Kroenke) and would rather no-one individual had a controlling interest in the club

It's debatable though for me, what would be worse out of having Kroenke or Usmanov as owners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your view on Stan Kroenke?
    A great man. A true custodian of the club.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that disappoints is the general sentiment on here that we shouldn't win the FA Cup because we keep Wenger. Whether it does or doesn't, we should be unified in support. If we get past Lincoln, the next one or two games in the Cup are bound to be ever so tough- our support will be needed more than ever.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like him but not because his lack of investment in the club, but because he's using the club as part of his financial portfolio.....basically an asset with which he can borrow at equitable rate of interests for other ventures.

I like the three million paid out to KSE which is clearly an alternative to a dividend even less

I don't particularly like having one owner (or majority shareholder in the case of Kroenke) and would rather no-one individual had a controlling interest in the club

It's debatable though for me, what would be worse out of having Kroenke or Usmanov as owners
    What about that Nigerian guy? A billionaire and a fan of the club. Apparently he got his wealth from his uncle, who was a senior figure in the last government and made a ton of money from gold mines. So he's looking for a safe place to invest and he's prepared to give the club a 25% split. Only thing holding it up is we haven't sent our bank details.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    One thing that disappoints is the general sentiment on here that we shouldn't win the FA Cup because we keep Wenger. Whether it does or doesn't, we should be unified in support. If we get past Lincoln, the next one or two games in the Cup are bound to be ever so tough- our support will be needed more than ever.
    I don't think that's the general sentiment at all. It's more a case of most people not giving a shit either way. But for as long as we're in it the team will get support, at least that's the way it looks so far. The general sentiment seems to be an FA Cup win is not enough to save Wenger's arse. We've already been there and nothing changed as a result. And here we are again.
    Für eure Sicherheit