User Tag List

Page 875 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 3757758258658738748758768778859259751375 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole weekend used to centre on the game. The weekends were what made the week bearable. Now I'd rather work than watch this rotten shower.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    Same here.

I recall you held on to you Silver membership. I did as well.

I did this despite not going to one match last season with no intention of attending this season either.

I’m fairly sure the DD is getting cancelled soon. What are your plans?
    I’m keeping the Silver because like others who’ve checked out for the time being I know I’ll be going again at some point in the future. I also like to help some friends out who might want to see a game by lending them my card too. I’ve heard it’s potentially a 10 year wait to upgrade from Red so I’m not prepared to throw that away.

It’s frustrating because I’m now in a position in my life to be able to go quite regularly which 10 years ago I thought I’d be doing by now. I never anticipated how low the standards at this club would fall to and worse still, see those standards accepted.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 17-10-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says it all though. Shittiest the team has ever been under Wenger, no hope whatsoever of even competing, let alone major honours, boring football, all the money stashed in the bank, and there's a 10 year waiting list to give the club more money?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marc Overmars is set to return to Arsenal in a potential director of football role from next season.

The former Gunners winger, who made 141 appearances and scored 40 goals for them between 1997 and 2000, has served as Ajax's director of football since the summer of 2012 but is poised to return to London.

Overmars, 44, could fulfil many of the duties performed by Dick Law, the club's transfer fixer.

Manager Arsene Wenger has always been reluctant to work in conjunction with a director of football given that he is reluctant to delegate.

Earlier this year, Wenger said: 'I never understand what it means, director of football. I'm manager of Arsenal and as long as I am manager, I will decide what happens on the technical front. That's it.'

It therefore remains to be seen how much influence Overmars will have though he brings plenty of experience in such technical matters from five years in the role at Ajax.

The behind-the-scenes shake-up comes after a difficult summer transfer window in which Arsenal failed in their pursuit of Monaco pair Kylian Mbappe and Thomas Lemar, despite offering £92million for the latter.

They also failed to bring in PSG's Julian Draxler on deadline day to facilitate the £60m sale of Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City.
    The Decider. The stupid cock decided to fuck up the Mbappe deal, the Lemar deal, the Draxler deal and the Alexis deal. That's some going.

Good luck Marc. You're going to need it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Says it all though. Shittiest the team has ever been under Wenger, no hope whatsoever of even competing, let alone major honours, boring football, all the money stashed in the bank, and there's a 10 year waiting list to give the club more money?
    For many, a silver membership is better than actually having a season ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many things better than a season ticket.

Cholera, for example.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "There is only one thing worse than being a Silver Member and that is being a Gold Member"
    - Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a silver membership and I like having it... although I didn't go last year. went once the year before and that's about it in the last 5 years. but I don't want to get rid of it as if I suddenly want to go again and get the "better" value seats then you need silver membership and red will just suck. Plus I can lend my memberships to friends who find it hard to sleep at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Spot on. If our fans are going to sit and do nothing, we deserve Stanger.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The guy is a magician, not in terms of management or anything related to football, but in terms of managing to keep his job whilst getting a pay rise every contract, all whilst producing rubbish team that are boring to watch and never perform and keeping most fans happy enough that they won't really kick up much of a fuss, willing to take criticism without any retort, it's genius, the cult of Arsenal.