User Tag List

Page 904 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949029039049059069149541004 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 13846

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the "worst manager in football" thing. There are several recent posts I've made in this thread to support my view. I genuinely do believe he's the worst manager in football, at least in terms of the managers I'm familiar with. I guess there might be some even bigger fuck-up out there I haven't heard of. I wonder how Wenger would fare if he didn't have the considerable resources of Arsenal at his command at was managing at a club battling relegation. All those end of season crunch matches. I wonder who could present an honest argument to counter the suggestion it would be Wenger's club going down. A sure fire thing surely. A decade of his well stocked squad of internationals collapsing in the home stretch should be all the evidence anyone needs. The faces change, the outcome is the same. Who could be to blame and what other manager has managed to survive so long while consistently failing to reach the basic expectations of the fans, which after all are only what should be the basic expectations of any supposed top level club?

I stand by it. I view Wenger as the worst manager in football today given his track record over the last 10 years. That's not to say I don't think he was an excellent manager back in the day. But he either hasn't moved (an inch) with the times or he's had some sort of brain issue and now can't manage a nine figure squad (that causes you to be offended when they are tagged as average) to within telescopic view of a title. Even when Leicester City are the main rivals and all our traditional opponents are in turmoil. The evidence really is quite overwhelming.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well. Clearly that isn't the objective the board set him then. The money kept rolling in as he always has, he kept his job.
    So you are agreeing Wenger is a fraud and a liar? Because even now he stands up and says the club is ambitious and does everything it can to compete at the top level. But you accept the club is being run for different motives. Or are you saying Wenger is not aware of the real motives? That he's being kept in the dark by Kroenke and is a victim in all of this?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. Clearly that isn't the objective the board set him then. The money kept rolling in as he always has, he kept his job.
    you can't make this up. Thanks for proving my point. Forever defending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I see very little debate being initiated by you regarding the problems at the club. I do see you jump in on an almost routine basis whenever you feel like an "extreme" point has been made. Well, I was discussing a pretty fucking extreme point with other posters, in this thread I think, relating to Ivan the Lizard claiming we've over-performed over the last few seasons in comparison to the top clubs. What utter nonsense and frivolous wordplay. Surely extreme if you compare it to an innocuous comment such as , "pathetic result", surely? I really wonder why the latter seems to bother you more than the former, or at least why you choose to direct fire at a frustrated fan rather than the source of the frustration. You can state you want Wenger gone and you can agree the club is being run with the wrong motives, fairly easy things to agree with as they are obvious. But it doesn't tally with your behavioural pattern of diving in in defence of the "extreme" viewpoints targeted at Wenger. Except maybe in one context. Could it be Wenger himself, aside from him being the Arsenal manager, that you are seeking to defend? Perhaps you have some deep respect for the guy and you find it offensive when he's criticised in certain ways? Fine. But then comes the manner of your defence. You tend to belittle the people you argue against. Which is why I do the same thing to you, btw, but don't do it to other posters. One liners with a sarcastic smiley, the rolling eyes, the head slap, the sheer effort taken to dig out stuff from the past so you can paint people as conflicted, almost as if it is a crime to reconsider or have a change of mind. And the other stuff I already mentioned. You want other people to be reasonable but often you are very unreasonable and provocative and, some might say, extreme yourself. And so am I, but as an example, if I'm extreme it doesn't give you a pass to be the same if you then go around calling for others to be reasonable.
    NQ

The people's champion

The real mod

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect Cripps is back posting now so no need for this discussion really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see very little debate being initiated by you regarding the problems at the club. I do see you jump in on an almost routine basis whenever you feel like an "extreme" point has been made. Well, I was discussing a pretty fucking extreme point with other posters, in this thread I think, relating to Ivan the Lizard claiming we've over-performed over the last few seasons in comparison to the top clubs. What utter nonsense and frivolous wordplay. Surely extreme if you compare it to an innocuous comment such as , "pathetic result", surely? I really wonder why the latter seems to bother you more than the former, or at least why you choose to direct fire at a frustrated fan rather than the source of the frustration.
    I don't see there's much to debate in the former. Yes, it's a stupid thing for Ivan to say but he's not posting on here. If you posted about it and said it was a ridiculous thing to say then I probably don't have much to add to that.
    But the latter I completely disagree with so I said so. So did you actually in the same thread.

You can state you want Wenger gone and you can agree the club is being run with the wrong motives, fairly easy things to agree with as they are obvious. But it doesn't tally with your behavioural pattern of diving in in defence of the "extreme" viewpoints targeted at Wenger. Except maybe in one context. Could it be Wenger himself, aside from him being the Arsenal manager, that you are seeking to defend? Perhaps you have some deep respect for the guy and you find it offensive when he's criticised in certain ways?
    I can want Wenger gone without thinking he's the worst manager in football, or "awful" or the worst manager we've ever had. So yes, I will dive in and respond to things like that because I think they're nonsense. I can think that while also thinking he should be sacked.

Fine. But then comes the manner of your defence. You tend to belittle the people you argue against. Which is why I do the same thing to you, btw, but don't do it to other posters. One liners with a sarcastic smiley, the rolling eyes, the head slap
    Guilty as charged at times but I do often take the time to reply in a more meaningful way and tend to get howls of derision and straw man arguments back.

the sheer effort taken to dig out stuff from the past so you can paint people as conflicted, almost as if it is a crime to reconsider or have a change of mind.
    No, that isn't a crime. But if people say they don't care about the FA Cup it is relevant to remind them how they reacted when we won it, for example. It's perfectly valid to look at what people say over time. People can do the same with my posts if they think I'm contradicting myself.

And the other stuff I already mentioned. You want other people to be reasonable but often you are very unreasonable and provocative and, some might say, extreme yourself. And so am I, but as an example, if I'm extreme it doesn't give you a pass to be the same if you then go around calling for others to be reasonable.
    Provocative, yes sometimes. I don't think unreasonable though. I try and back up my opinions with facts,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    you can't make this up. Thanks for proving my point. Forever defending
    For the hard of thinking, that is a criticism of the targets the board is setting Wenger, not a defence of Wenger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are agreeing Wenger is a fraud and a liar? Because even now he stands up and says the club is ambitious and does everything it can to compete at the top level. But you accept the club is being run for different motives. Or are you saying Wenger is not aware of the real motives? That he's being kept in the dark by Kroenke and is a victim in all of this?
    Come on. Wenger's not going to stand up in front of the press and say "Quite frankly, the board couldn't give a monkeys how we do so long as the money keeps rolling in."
    I'm sure he knows it's true so yes, I guess you could say he's lying but only in the way anyone in that position would say the diplomatic thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I suspect Cripps is back posting now so no need for this discussion really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the hard of thinking, that is a criticism of the targets the board is setting Wenger, not a defence of Wenger