User Tag List

Page 914 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 4148148649049129139149159169249641014 ... LastLast
Results 9,131 to 9,140 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    He's definitely a Wenger yes man but in fairness to Merts he's clearly very highly thought of at the club. A bit like Arteta was too and he was deemed good enough to work with Pep.

I don't think it's as simple as great player = great coach, or average player = average coach.
    Exactly the point I was going to make. Within the first year of signing Merts and Arteta, I heard that these two were the most influential behind the scenes. I'm all for retaining former players for coaching roles. In my opinion, Kos wasn't shit before Merts arrived and has gone back to being dodgy without him. Merts has a more tactical brain, is a world cup winner and we've seen him dish out the tough criticism when needed. I wish him well in his new role.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Really if we incorporate the logic that Wenger controls everything it should lead us to conclude that it doesn’t matter who we have in coaching positions.
    Mertesacker like Arteta comes across as someone who is intelligent and thoughtful. And seems to me like a good long term appointment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    If I didn't know better I'd say you're not entirely satisfied with the state and direction of the club.
    No need to mock him and take the debate off track, he's made some good points. Are you wanting him to react so he gets into a personal duels with you, then you can ban him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Exactly the point I was going to make. Within the first year of signing Merts and Arteta, I heard that these two were the most influential behind the scenes. I'm all for retaining former players for coaching roles. In my opinion, Kos wasn't shit before Merts arrived and has gone back to being dodgy without him. Merts has a more tactical brain, is a world cup winner and we've seen him dish out the tough criticism when needed. I wish him well in his new role.
    But as head of academy? Come on

Don't think there would be any qualms if he was given a coaching role. HOA? That's a massive role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Also the most influential behind the scenes?

They were part of a embarrassing team during the height of our banter era F*ck me we should be worried then.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    No need to mock him and take the debate off track, he's made some good points. Are you wanting him to react so he gets into a personal duels with you, then you can ban him?
    Paranoid nonsense starting again

I know day time television is dull, but surely there’s better ways to occupy your time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Paranoid nonsense starting again

I know day time television is dull, but surely there’s better ways to occupy your time
    An absolutely valid point.

Herbert coming along and sticking up for Letters as usual

Are you secretly a second account made by him?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Yes

I’m also the manifestation of him wrestling with his faith giving the amount of time I’ve mocked him for being religious

And maybe given I’m 6ft 3. I’m his Tyler Durden

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???

We're all Letters accounts. Are you saying you're not? Wow.

Welcome.

What brings you here to myour forum?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    ???

We're all Letters accounts. Are you saying you're not? Wow.

Welcome.

What brings you here to myour forum?