User Tag List

Page 926 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 4268268769169249259269279289369761026 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,260 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a decent record.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger needs to get the fuck out of the way now and let this guy do a job he's already proved he can do.

Alas, I can already see Wenger inviting him into his office to share the latest great master plan and show his his, "My Way or the Highway", coffee mug.
    Yeah that's what I'm worried about, all these appointments are token gestures if Wenger gets involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm worried about that too but let's hope what's on offer to Wenger at least changes from the crop of crap we have had over the years to the likes of bender, auba and lewandowski. Logic suggests he'll be making a decision from a higher standard of players than what Rowley had on offer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telegraph says that Sven will answer to Gazidis. Considering what he has gone through at Dortmund with Tuchel, I can't imagine him signing on for a club where he'll be at odds with the manager again. Job title sounds like he is more than just a scout.

Either way, if Wenger plans on sticking around, he needs to play ball. Can't make excuses about lack of signings and drop sly nuggets about 'not being the only one' involved now that we have a new team around him. Sounds like Rowley was his sacrificial lamb on that front. Dick Law as well. We'll see how this pans out but it's a good move for the club. Sets us up well for life without Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds as if gazidis wants the guy to report into him so he has the final say instead of Wenger. This way Wenger can't bat away the suggestions.

It's an interesting little scenario opening up between Wenger and gazidis. Gazidis seems adamant to apply the catalyst for change he was talking about. Hopefully this is a way of slowly eroding wengers power to a point where he can be gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody needs to find a catalyst for getting the wallet out in January or else we are in deep, deep shit. Even then, I can't see this new guy being able to come in a few weeks in advance and run an effective window. It all seems to have been left until the last minute as usual.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replacing ozil is easy. Not worried about that.

Sanchez is the worry. Saw an article saying we were after mahrez. Can definetly see Wenger doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no real hopes for this season. Best we can hope for is a Top 4 finish or the Uefa Cup, maybe another FA Cup and give Wenger the perfect platform to fuck off.

Would be interesting to hear Rowley's side of the story. The press have said he's had enough of taking the blame. From who? It sounds as if he's getting the blame from both Wenger and Gazidis. When things are slow in the transfer front, Wenger passes the buck and says he's not the only one involved when it comes to signings. But he's also quick to drop names when the latest big name in football moves to a rival club and add them to the legendary 'we could have signed him' list. If he's aware of these players, how comes we still drop the ball? Surely, Rowley has done his job if he spots these players before anyone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Somebody needs to find a catalyst for getting the wallet out in January or else we are in deep, deep shit. Even then, I can't see this new guy being able to come in a few weeks in advance and run an effective window. It all seems to have been left until the last minute as usual.
    We won't sign anyone in January, there's noone available remember, big clubs don't want to sell their players then. We're already in trouble, we're losing 80 million worth of talent and will look to spend less than half that to replace them, this club is going down the pan, I don't hold any hope of improvement because noone really gives a damn at the club.

Of the big clubs we're in by far the worst state, so much for Wenger leaving us in a good place, as a club we're a total mess with assets about to walk away for free, no wish to spend more than we recoup and no direction.

These one off wins against decent clubs just help keep the old dinosaur in the job and from what we can see he'll be there for a long time yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    I have no real hopes for this season. Best we can hope for is a Top 4 finish or the Uefa Cup, maybe another FA Cup and give Wenger the perfect platform to fuck off.

Would be interesting to hear Rowley's side of the story. The press have said he's had enough of taking the blame. From who? It sounds as if he's getting the blame from both Wenger and Gazidis. When things are slow in the transfer front, Wenger passes the buck and says he's not the only one involved when it comes to signings. But he's also quick to drop names when the latest big name in football moves to a rival club and add them to the legendary 'we could have signed him' list. If he's aware of these players, how comes we still drop the ball? Surely, Rowley has done his job if he spots these players before anyone else?
    Me neither, we're not in the top 4 sides now but top 4 is possible if other clubs mess us, I think we'll struggle though, as for the Europa league, some decent teams are going to end up in there and I don't much fancy our chances against tactically superior opposition, we've got an outside chance at best, we haven't been all that great against a bunch of nobodies so far.

Wenger doesn't want to spend that's the issue, he'll only spend what he can recoup (maybe a little more) so that he can deliver a profit, that's his goal, he's more of an accountant than manager, but with our two top players walking away for free, that should impact his profit making significantly, in fact the only thing he does well he'll have failed at as well.

All in all one big failure on all fronts.