User Tag List

Page 948 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 4488488989389469479489499509589981048 ... LastLast
Results 9,471 to 9,480 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, when I said 'We' I meant GW.

He can replace Letters
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Rosicky was head and shoulders better than the super-star shit we have today. Then again, so was Hleb. And certainly Freddie. It's not a rose coloured view either. Players today have forgotten how to play. I wonder about the long term effects. Our squad has been so Wengerised, even if we got a decent manager in, can this squad be rescued or has sexy/ hyped/ "expert" bore ball become second nature to them?
    Yes of course, but our players today are pretty poor though, Rosicky was good no doubt but to then compare him to players who played in our best sides and won the big trophies.

Rosicky was decent but doesn't come close to making my favourite players list, he's not even in the top 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Meh fuck all of yous

Rosicky was definitely in my top ten of favourite Arsenal players of the last twenty years

Ljungberg had one good season and to be Frank it wasn’t even that it was the second half of a season
    Ljungberg was far more than a half season wonder and to be honest even if he was Rosicky barely had that for us, he had some good games but was never consistently good and then he would get injured and it would all start again. He wasn't name Crocksicky and Rosicknote for nothing. Personally I rate Ljungberg far far higher, hard working, a great understanding with his teammates and scored key goals from midfield, his goals were priceless, we were blessed to have him and Pires in the same team, we could score from everywhere with players like them around.

Rosicky came cheap and to be honest I'm not sure if it's because Dortmund knew he was injury prone.
    Last edited by Özim; 21-12-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Conversely I think there are players in say the invincible squad who I wouldn’t put in my top 20

For me the core of that team was five players (all five had won the double two seasons before)

Campbell, Cole, Pires, Vieira and Henry

I would add Bergkamp but he wasn’t always in the team

Toure, Gilberto, Edu, Ljungberg, Lauren, Keown, Lehmann

All good players but they weren’t the essential ingredients and I don’t think any of them are head and shoulders above some of the players that came after them,

And that’s before you get to the likes of Kanu who was way past his best, Wiltord, Cygan, Reyes etc
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 21-12-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conversely I think there are players in say the invincible squad who I wouldn’t put in my top 20

For me the core of that team was five players (all five had won the double two seasons before)

Campbell, Cole, Pires, Vieira and Henry

I would add Bergkamp but he wasn’t always in the team

Toure, Gilberto, Edu, Ljungberg, Lauren, Keown, Lehmann

All good players but they weren’t the essential ingredients and I don’t think any of them are head and shoulders above some of the players that came after them,

And that’s before you get to the likes of Kanu who was way past his best, Wiltord, Cygan, Reyes etc
    I wasn't just referring to the invicibles as previous team were also top top notch, I'd agree with some of those players but Keown, Ljungberg were very very good indeed and Lauren was very solid.

Kanu and Wiltord were basically subs though, good options off the bench to get you goals, neither were regulars and they are head and shoulders above anything subs we've had since then.

If I go back to previous teams you can than add Adams, Seaman, Dixon, Winterburn, Overmars, Petit, Anelka, Bould and of course Bergkamp oh and of course Wright one of my favourite players of all time.
    Last edited by Özim; 21-12-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    My top ten players of the Wenger era in no particular order would be

Pires, Henry, Vieira, Rosicky, Fabregas, Van Persie, Sanchez, Ozil, Campbell and Bergkamp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Sorry, when I said 'We' I meant GW.

He can replace Letters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My top ten players of the Wenger era in no particular order would be

Pires, Henry, Vieira, Rosicky, Fabregas, Van Persie, Sanchez, Ozil, Campbell and Bergkamp
    I'd go with Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira, Petit, Overmars, Campbell, Ljungberg, Adams, Seaman.

None of the players since 2006 or so come into it for me, out of all of them RVP would be my favourite though.

The Petit/Vieira partnership in midfield was unreal, just a shame we one of them to Barca for peanuts.
    Last edited by Özim; 21-12-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I wonder about the long term effects. Our squad has been so Wengerised, even if we got a decent manager in, can this squad be rescued or has sexy/ hyped/ "expert" bore ball become second nature to them?
    Interesting point. I read somewhere chamberlain saying it'll take time to adapt to klopp's tactics because he's been wengerised since his teenage years. Klopp also said he's trying to make ox play a different type of game but it'll take time.

The whole club is geared towards wengerism. That's why we'll need a good, visionary leader to take the helm when he's gone. To have the courage to stamp his own authority and style on the club. And the conviction to make players believe in it. Not a rookie.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I honestly think you could construct a best XI out of players that have played for us since 2006 and it would wipe the floor with most teams with plenty to spare (conditionally).

The condition would be that we had someone who could coach teams better than Wenger

As to your top ten. Have to say was never a big fan of Marc Overmars either, for me we unquestionably when we sold him got someone better in when we bought Pires.

Adams is an all time great but for me his best years were under George Graham

Seaman would be someone I’d consider taking someone out of the list I submitted for