User Tag List

Page 984 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498298398498598699410341084 ... LastLast
Results 9,831 to 9,840 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    This gives us more than Real Madrid get for the same sponsors?

Anyway, if people are concerned that our commercial activity will be dwarfed, the ticket costs will continue to be far more than any others so the costs will be recovered.
    No, Real Madrid have recently signed the best deal that puts them ahead of Utd's deal for something over £50m a year. But prior to that, Madrid were earning £20m a year for their kit sponsorship deal. So that even puts our first Emirates jut deal ahead of Madrid's last deal.

We finished outside of the CL and on course to finish outside of the CL again. Other clubs will use our sponsorship deal as an example to negotiate a better deal for their deal. If they can't do that, it shows we've done a good deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giroud on how he convinced Wenger to let him join Chelsea: "I put him under a bit of pressure, like my agent, who I spoke to several times a day. I did not want to be deprived of going to Chelsea which was the best solution for me" #Arsenal https://t.co/7dTzYagW7M

Giroud: "The coach immediately said to me: 'Don't worry, I will do my best so that you are happy'" #Arsenal https://t.co/dxGzewAKox

Wenger

What a pussy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew Wenker was doing him a favour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    If you're arguing we're somehow always worst off than our rivals, doesn't that just play into this idea that we can't afford to spend money like some of our rivals? I don't believe that. The numbers say otherwise and if the fans keep perpetuating this idea it makes it easier for them to continue playing the poor pauper card.
    No I'm arguing we're terrible at negotiating deals, we have loads of cash, moreover we have the higest ticket prices. I agree our position isn't the best (our own short-sightedness) but we do restrict our income (as has ben mentioned we can't have a separate training kit sponsor).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    No I'm arguing we're terrible at negotiating deals, we have loads of cash, moreover we have the higest ticket prices. I agree our position isn't the best (our own short-sightedness) but we do restrict our income (as has ben mentioned we can't have a separate training kit sponsor).
    How so if our last deal was better than the kit sponsorship deal was better than Real Madrid's and the new one we've just signed is better than most of our rivals?

Yes, maybe in two years time Chelsea, City etc will be able to negotiate better deals, but that's expected since they can point to our deal and say "Arsenal are getting paid x amount despite finishing below us and not being in the CL. We want more!".

We're not piss poor at everything. The fact that we were able to attract Barca's director of football and Dortmund's head scout suggests we still have some sort of draw despite Wenger dragging the football down.

Looking at the numbers, in your opinion, what would have been a good deal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How so if our last deal was better than the kit sponsorship deal was better than Real Madrid's and the new one we've just signed is better than most of our rivals?

Yes, maybe in two years time Chelsea, City etc will be able to negotiate better deals, but that's expected since they can point to our deal and say "Arsenal are getting paid x amount despite finishing below us and not being in the CL. We want more!".

We're not piss poor at everything. The fact that we were able to attract Barca's director of football and Dortmund's head scout suggests we still have some sort of draw despite Wenger dragging the football down.

Looking at the numbers, in your opinion, what would have been a good deal?
    Deals get bigger everytime you sign them, that's football, Man U dwarfed ours and all others when it was signed, the top clubs when they sign new deals tend to negotiate much bigger deals than already exist, all we've one is negotiate on a par or a little more than other teams who signed they're deals a number of years ago when less was generally being paid out, in reality we should have negotiated a deal which beat everyone elses existing deal by a decent margin, as other clbs tend to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Deals get bigger everytime you sign them, that's football, Man U dwarfed ours and all others when it was signed, the top clubs when they sign new deals tend to negotiate much bigger deals than already exist, all we've one is negotiate on a par or a little more than other teams who signed they're deals a number of years ago when less was generally being paid out, in reality we should have negotiated a deal which beat everyone elses existing deal by a decent margin, as other clbs tend to do.
    But we haven't negotiated on par with our rivals. Have you checked the numbers? We're currently getting more, despite finishing below most of them last season.

Man City's shirt sponsorship is £35m a year and that runs until 2021. Our last deal was for £30m a year. Even if going off our last sponsorship deal, City didn't dwarf our £30m deal despite winning Premier League titles!

HCZ
    In terms of corporate sponsorship the best deals are always going to go to those clubs who enjoy the most on field success. As PNG says the deal ostensibly anyway is far from a bad one, but perhaps in the era of silly money it’s not unreasonable to postulate that a club that either has been more successful or is on a more successful trajectory than we appear to be, might have got an even better one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But we haven't negotiated on par with our rivals. Have you checked the numbers? We're currently getting more, despite finishing below most of them last season.

Man City's shirt sponsorship is £35m a year and that runs until 2021. Our last deal was for £30m a year. Even if going off our last sponsorship deal, City didn't dwarf our £30m deal despite winning Premier League titles!
    Stop talking sense!

We need to be OUTRAGED about everything! We're Arsenal fans FFS. Get with the programme.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am outraged that LDG isn't outraged enough about this