User Tag List

Page 1159 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 15965910591109114911571158115911601161116912091259 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,590 of 13792

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely something in that. My dad was a hardcore fan growing up and he’d always be in a state of joy or depression after coming home from a game. He had very high blood pressure and eventually had to take a step back and now watches from his armchair when he can be bothered. As much as I love the club, I’m glad I’ve been able to keep the emotion at the door and not let it creep into my normal life.

Far more important things in life than following football that is for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the times I've been happiest and angriest/most upset have been watching Arsenal or England (Euro '96 semi-final was a real punch in the nuts, on the positive side a last minute winner in a big game evokes an emotion very hard to replicate in any other circumstance).

Quite glad I've stepped away from things now. Hard to completely detach from it but I'm not really that fussed about results these days, still a pang of irritation (mostly!) or pleasure but not like it used to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Some of the times I've been happiest and angriest/most upset have been watching Arsenal or England (Euro '96 semi-final was a real punch in the nuts, on the positive side a last minute winner in a big game evokes an emotion very hard to replicate in any other circumstance).

Quite glad I've stepped away from things now. Hard to completely detach from it but I'm not really that fussed about results these days, still a pang of irritation (mostly!) or pleasure but not like it used to be.
    I am the same. But do you see yourself changing if Arsenal become dominant like the early 2000 again?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I am the same. But do you see yourself changing if Arsenal become dominant like the early 2000 again?
    Funnily enough I had this chat with a mate of mine recently who is also going through a bit of "meh" period with football.

I don't see myself ever being as dedicated again but the last 10-15 years have made me appreciate how good we had it and if we ever reached that level again it's not something I would take for granted. However I've got a 5 month old now and enjoying my time with him in the evenings and weekends is where I'd rather be than at a game. I am looking forward to when I can start taking him to games in the future though, maybe that buzz will come back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it doesn't help that the world's a pretty shit place now and for me at least football's supposed to be a welcome distraction, but when things there are bad there too it's a real downer.

The guys on the Arseblog podcasst were even apologising to the listeners towards the end of Emery's regime, becuse the conversation was so downbeat, at least things are getting better under Mikel - I was sorry not to have watched the game, but even seeing the highlights, that Martineli goal was a great moment and i like the idea a lot of other fans will have seen that and that he's an Arsenal player - even if it means the Barcas of this world might try to turn his head...

it's those moments that are what's so great about football

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. I mean, maybe a bit - I'd probably be more invested if we weren't so bloody awful. When Emery took over it did pique my interest and I started watching games more again for a bit.
    But the days of me going to games regularly and having aneurysms when we lose are probably gone for good.
    Partly a feature of getting older I think. And, like you, I have other priorities now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Because football itself is shit. It's mostly a girl's game now. I guess it's a reflection of a limp-wristed, feminist, faggy/ tranny world. But not just football. Boxing. F1. All the main sports I loved have gone a bit gay.

Would much rather have Vieira/ Keane, Tyson, Senna than anything on offer today. It's not a nostalgia thing either. Look at the teams and the rivalries of the past and compare. Modern day everything sucks huge. Mostly because women want to be men and quite a lot of men are quite happy being women. It's all very fucked up.

I was totally tuned out of Arsenal because the last painful years of Wenger and the new reign of Wenger Mk II were just so horrifically predictable. But Arteta has sparked my interest again. A bit. Mainly because he's an unknown quantity, so something (anything) different might happen. But I'll never be as invested as I used to be when the game was played by men.

Not that I don't like certain female sports. I love the Olympics. Although now cheating fags posing as women can enter the womens' events I guess that will be ruined too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.arsenal.com/news/first-t...-training-camp

One win and they get rewarded with a jolly up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    https://www.arsenal.com/news/first-t...-training-camp

One win and they get rewarded with a jolly up!
    I thought we were broke
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're flying via Ryanair.