Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Villa (home)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Villa (home)

A real stinker of a second half, lost control of it completely.

Credit to Villa in that.

It's entirely possible we'll go out of the Champions League so will we actually respond or just wilt away like last season?

It has to be the former of those two otherwise there wouldn't have been any progression.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this was a case of being completely outplayed rather than us monumentally fucking up. We lost to a good team and just didn’t have enough to get it done.

We were very good in the first half and had to score really, after that we seemed out of ideas and Villa dominated us.

We knew we had the tougher run in because of games like this and it looks like we just don’t have enough to get over the line. Again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and Zinchenko has to be moved on.

He’s so incredibly weak. Not exactly what you want from a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as always. Two decades of it and people are surprised? Anyone who creamed themselves over the Luton result obviously had no idea what was coming. You HAVE to be on it 100% or else you have zero chance. I don't know why intelligent people can't figure that out. Didn't you ALREADY KNOW the title was gone after the Luton game, and if not, why the fuck not. Are you blind?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about reaction, the odd terrible result in 12 games is not unexpected.

Last season it culminated in getting duffed up by Man City and with that, not winning in four.

This season? They have it all to do because last season has to be in their heads now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Same as always. Two decades of it and people are surprised? Anyone who creamed themselves over the Luton result obviously had no idea what was coming. You HAVE to be on it 100% or else you have zero chance. I don't know why intelligent people can't figure that out. Didn't you ALREADY KNOW the title was gone after the Luton game, and if not, why the fuck not. Are you blind?
    I can take not winning the title to be honest, it's really fucking hard to in it.

But if we can't push it to the final day then that's a real problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I can take not winning the title to be honest, it's really fucking hard to in it.

I don’t think we will. I anticipate that we’ll beat Wolves but then drop points at Spurs. Maybe even Chelsea at home between that. We’ll see but history does tell us that today is probably the fatal blow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was in the Luton game. They sat back and assumed. And then I wondered if they'd have the gumption when it wasn't Luton. That's the acid test 'm always looking for. Haven't passed it yet, when the rubber hits the road. There's a pattern, and it keeps playing out. I'm patiently watching for that pattern to be broken. I don't think it's down to the manager, I think it's down to the culture. The culture of the club is geared to competing rather than winning at all costs. Champions win at all costs and that's the only measure. So if we et 4th, we've won. Financially speaking. And, for Arenal, that's the bottom line. When that changes, which a manger cannot do, our fortunes will change too. But right now, we lose for profit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem really is that we’re trying to win the first one. The first one for this group and the first one for the club in 20 years. That weight just grows heavier and heavier each year. City also making the league so fucking difficult to win has made this so ridiculous that after a run of 10 wins from 11 we were still very unlikely to win it. This is also supposedly a weaker version of City than what we’ve seen in recent times, yet ourselves and Liverpool are about to be left in the dust.

I just can’t bring myself to vent about what we could and couldn’t have done, huge disappointment for sure but until I see someone else other than us or Liverpool challenging City then everyone else can get fucked. It’s bloody hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A real stinker of a second half, lost control of it completely.

Credit to Villa in that.

It's entirely possible we'll go out of the Champions League so will we actually respond or just wilt away like last season?

It has to be the former of those two otherwise there wouldn't have been any progression.
    We all get sucked in to this bullshit every fucking year. We go brilliantly until it actually matters, and then we fuck it up.