User Tag List

Thread: Wolves 0-2 Arsenal Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Raya 7 - A goalkeeper for a top club is one who can spend much of the game as a spectator but make saves when called upon, and Raya did this

White 6 - Not at his best going forward, possibly give him a rest against Chelsea and play Tomiyasu

Saliba 6 - Seems to be making basic concentration errors at times

Gabriel 7 - Solid when he had to be

Kiwior 5 - Been poor since the international break, gave Wolves best chance

Rice 7 - Played ok but looks tired, another one that could potentially be rested against Chelsea

Odegaard 7 - Doesn’t look fully fit from when he came off against Villa

Havertz 6 - Poor finishing

Saka 6 - Another typical end of season burn out from being overplayed

Jesus 6.5 - Decent industry but just terrible finishing

Trossard 7 - Shot or cross who cares

Subs

Martinelli 6

Partey - Wasn’t on for long enough

Like in midweek, this gives me every impression of a side willing to work hard but seem both mentally and physically fatigued. Apart from spells largely controlled the game, but still a worrying lack of finesse up front
    Wolves seemed to cause us a few issues physically in the middle of the park.

I think Arteta needs to start Partey on Tuesday alongside Jorginho…give Rice the day off, give Saka the day off, give Odegaard the day off. It’s a big risk but there’s a lot of lethargy in the team and if have any chance of beating Spurs need to have fully fit team. After Spurs we go back to playing once a week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Trossard 7 - Shot or cross who cares
    Definitely a shot, but I bet he couldn’t do it again.
    Good and very important win.
    We have to beat Chelsea to put a bit of pressure on City.
    Although with trips to OT and WHL to come I fear it will all be for naught.
    Let’s do what we can and see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all know he's not resting Rice or Saka v Chelsea, he needed to do it in the Wolves game, he still hasn't learnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Definitely a shot
    Yes, definitely, I hate that whole cynical thing of 'they couldn't have meant to do that', we see these things tried and not come off enough to know they do try them amd we should applaud it when they succeed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yes, definitely, I hate that whole cynical thing of 'they couldn't have meant to do that', we see these things tried and not come off enough to know they do try them amd we should applaud it when they succeed
    Looked at it a few times, and Trossard is looking in the direction of the postage stamp

So if it wasn’t intended it was a good bluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was a reasonably good performance considering how empty the tank must have been. Controlled but lacking in a little confidence to go and kill the game dead.

I think it’s very unlikely that we win at Spurs and United, I don’t ever remember a season where we’ve taken 3 points at both grounds. So for me it’s feeling a bit academic right now but you’ve got to live in hope I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Thought it was a reasonably good performance considering how empty the tank must have been. Controlled but lacking in a little confidence to go and kill the game dead.

I think it’s very unlikely that we win at Spurs and United, I don’t ever remember a season where we’ve taken 3 points at both grounds. So for me it’s feeling a bit academic right now but you’ve got to live in hope I guess.
    We were fortunate that Wolves have so many injuries, because our one dimensional way of playing is being horrendously exposed. It’s been clear in the last three games that the energy levels in our press are going by the second half, Odegaard for one is having to do too much and is fading badly in the second half of games. On Tuesday we need someone like Partey to operate in a far more aggressive way than Rice will and allow someone like Jorginho to sit back and protect the back four. This bollocks of playing Havertz in midfield has to have a stop put to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    This bollocks of playing Havertz in midfield has to have a stop put to it.
    it seems to be Arteta's main way of changing things around atm, to bring in Trossard and Jesus up front and drop Havertz back - I agree it's not his best position - tbh we should swap in ESR or even Vieira, which would also give some rest to Havertz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    it seems to be Arteta's main way of changing things around atm, to bring in Trossard and Jesus up front and drop Havertz back - I agree it's not his best position - tbh we should swap in ESR or even Vieira, which would also give some rest to Havertz
    At this point we have nothing to lose

Arteta has screwed us badly by his tactical inflexibility and his dislike of rotation

Rice, Odegaard, Saka and White have to be tested

Jesus needs to be dropped because he’s shit

Havertz play him up front or not at all

Kiwior looks done (he’s a good defender, very good in fact but not a left back) but probably has to be played

Raya, Tomiyasu, Saliba, Gabriel, Kiwior, Jorginho, Partey, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Trossard and Vieira

It could end in tears, but ultimately it’s all in or fold