User Tag List

Thread: Brighton 0-3 Arsenal Player Rating and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brighton 0-3 Arsenal Player Rating and Match Reaction

Raya 8 - Excellent Save from Enciso, and looking far more solid and dependable between the sticks, that’s five clean sheets in a row for him now in all competitions

White 7 - Another decent performance going forward

Saliba 8 - Solid and composed

Gabriel 7 - Injury concern early on, and missed a couple of decent chances but defensively solid

Zinchenko 6.5 - Vacated too much space for Adingra and a bit careless at times but on the whole tidy and played some decent balls

Jorginho 8 - Actually one of his best performances in terms of contribution to our attacking play

Odegaard 8.5 - Superb especially when it came to set piece delivery

Rice 7.5 - Typical of the type of tidy and controlled performance he’s given us this season.

Havertz 8 - Got the goal his play deserved

Saka 7 - Still doesn’t look fully fit, but was much better than against City. Unlucky not to get a brace

Jesus 6.5 - He’s not hiding in games which he used to do a lot, just the accuracy isn’t there at the moment

Subs:

Trossard 8 - Same comment for him as Havertz

Martinelli 7 - Like Saka still not fully fit

Vieira 6

Tomoyasu 6

Nketiah 6

None of the above were on long enough to give them a fair appraisal for their contribution

Well I simply don’t think there’s much to be said here. Brighton even with the injuries they have, are a nightmare to deal with. Mitoma tormented White last season at the Emirates, but White kept Enciso very quiet. They had a bit of momentum in the second half but that was snuffed out with our second goal

This is for me the genuine indicator that we intend to be in this title race to the end, whether it will work out that way who knows but there’s no question that since January we’ve absolutely done all we can to put ourselves in the reckoning.

Todays game was a controlled performance with a cherry on top of the icing on the cake with Trossard dinking in nonchalantly to crown a deserved three points

Not only did we avoid this Bear Trap we kicked the thing out of the park

Well done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is easy to rate:

Zin - 1

Everyone else - between 7.5 and 8

I'm giving Zin a point because there was one good forward pass, other than that he was appalling - it was so obviously bad that on the TV they showed at HT a compilation of times he ignored the advancing Adingra and simply ran towards the ball like a child, giving Adingra the freedom of the Amex on their right

It was a display entirely bereft of any footballing sense, it's a miracle we didn't concede as a result and surely even Arteta can see that and take him out for the Bayern game or it will be an embarrassment

He needs to be sold in the summer, no question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    This is easy to rate:

Zin - 1

Everyone else - between 7.5 and 8

I'm giving Zin a point because there was one good forward pass, other than that he was appalling - it was so obviously bad that on the TV they showed at HT a compilation of times he ignored the advancing Adingra and simply ran towards the ball like a child, giving Adingra the freedom of the Amex on their right

It was a display entirely bereft of any footballing sense, it's a miracle we didn't concede as a result and surely even Arteta can see that and take him out for the Bayern game or it will be an embarrassment

He needs to be sold in the summer, no question
    So question

Do you ever when typing the stuff on here ever imagine an exasperated sigh ?

Basically I ask because I often wonder with people how much self reflection they are capable of

Me? I know I can be an aggravating prick. You, I’m not so sure of but who knows….you might be a more laid back and thoughtful individual away from here (unlikely I know, but it’s possible)
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 07-04-2024 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you attach no importance to the fact that the coverage actually picked his failings out to highlight at HT ? - i.e it's not just me who realises it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you attach no importance to the fact that the coverage actually picked his failings out to highlight at HT ? - i.e it's not just me who realises it
    Once again as always you miss the point

I clearly point out that he showed lack of concentration and left too much space. We’ve had full backs do this since time immemorial though, it’s important to sports coverage because it’s a way of pointing out that for our lauded defensive discipline, Brighton clearly they thought had a way into the match that they could exploit

It’s that you go to town on it because you’re fanatical about him.

And it’s especially ironic given you couldn’t let it go when you thought I was being overly critical in my match ratings a year ago.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 07-04-2024 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a team that's near to perfect as we can get it and in terms of players who are getting a lot of game time Zin is by far the worst, that's why I focus on it, he's the biggest and most obvious flaw in the team and he demonstrates it clearly every time he plays

I don't care about him as a person, other than having a sympathy with what's going on in his country, I just want him gone so Arteta can't pick him any more
    Last edited by Mac76; 07-04-2024 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a team that's near to perfect as we can get it and in terms of players who are getting a lot of game time Zin is by far the worst, that's why I focus on it, he's the biggest and most obvious flaw in the team and he demonstrates it clearly every time he plays

I don't care about him as a person, other than having a sympathy with what's going on in his country, I just want him gone so Arteta can't pick him any more
    Where have I even mentioned him as a person. I don’t give a fuck about any of these players as people, unless their personality causes rifts. I have zero interest in them on a human level

Let’s be fair there’s so many different contenders for weak links in this squad, let’s be honest with ourselves Jesus and his misses were far more detrimental to us….and if we don’t win the title it will be because of failures up the other end of the pitch. Lot of pressure on Saka, Martinelli, Havertz, Trossard etc when none are prolific. I get the title isn’t in our hands but there’s no way for me Liverpool wins every game from now till end of the season

The fact is Zinchenko on balance this season has no where near merited the hysteria and obsession you have with him. Last season? Yeah I think you were justified…was horrendous some of the individual errors he made
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 07-04-2024 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not played as much this season so that's the reason for your mistaken impression that he's not as bad

You only have to look at how much better Kiwior has been, who isn't even an LB, to see how bad Zin is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not played as much this season so that's the reason for your mistaken impression that he's not as bad

You only have to look at how much better Kiwior has been, who isn't even an LB, to see how bad Zin is
    I love the things that are your opinion which you assert as fact. I could go on about the stats that completely prove you wrong about the corner routine in the first half of the season but you won’t have it. So don’t know why I’m bothering here

I know he’s played less, I’m talking about the games he’s played in….away at Luton he was brought on for Kiwior because he was struggling badly at left back and we looked much better when he came on. Kiwior has grown into the role but he was utter dog shit when he was first playing there…worse than Zinchenko at his worst because he neither had the pace to deal with people on the wing, the role was utterly unfamiliar to him and he lacked the ability to contribute in an attacking sense. Now fair play to him he’s improved massively.

The only game I can think of where Zinchenko really made things difficult for us, actually cost us two points was home to Fulham.