User Tag List

Page 1102 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 10260210021052109211001101110211031104111211521202 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,020 of 13792

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Event if the wheels do fall off...... finishing top 4 would be a marked improvement. Hopefully we do it via winning the Europa and finishing top 4 but the Europa first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    well its a good test to see if him or Vieira will ever be able to take over at Arsenal one day.
    yeah i'd much rather they tried it other clubs rather than with us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never really been especially keen on seeing ex players manage the club personally, but will be interested to see how they get on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Never really been especially keen on seeing ex players manage the club personally, but will be interested to see how they get on.
    I don't have a problem with an ex-player becoming our manager, Graham did pretty well.
    But they shouldn't become our manager BECAUSE they were an ex-player, definitely not because they were a "Legend" as a player.
    I never understand this logic that a brilliant player will become a brilliant manager, historically it's often been quite the reverse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't have a problem with an ex-player becoming our manager, Graham did pretty well.
    But they shouldn't become our manager BECAUSE they were an ex-player, definitely not because they were a "Legend" as a player.
    I never understand this logic that a brilliant player will become a brilliant manager, historically it's often been quite the reverse.
    I wouldn’t say historically it’s the reverse in terms of former players becoming good managers. I think it might just be a generational thing and what we’ve seen in England and very uncommon for the Premier League to produce a top a manager.

If you look at the top managers around today, Pep, Zidane, Simeone, Luis Enrique, Deschamps, Conte, Mancini, Ancelotti, Le Blanc…they’re all former players we’d have grown up watching.

Not sure what will happen with Henry and Vieira but I wish them all the best. Massive role for Henry to take on so early in his management career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm talking about a really top playing being a really top manager.
    It has happened, but it's certainly not a a given - Zidane is a potential example.
    I guess I'm just arguing against the "Henry was a brilliant player, ergo he should be our manager" mindset I see.
    No, let him prove himself as a manager first, then we can consider him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm talking about a really top playing being a really top manager.
    It has happened, but it's certainly not a a given - Zidane is a potential example.
    I guess I'm just arguing against the "Henry was a brilliant player, ergo he should be our manager" mindset I see.
    No, let him prove himself as a manager first, then we can consider him.
    I agree with that. It's a simple deduction to assume a top player will be a top manager. But Pep was a top player too. Same goes for Deschamps, Ancelotti...I think all the players I mentioned won multiple titles and played at the highest level. I'm just starting to notice the amount former players doing well as managers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting run down by Lewis Ambrose of the German contingent on the Arsenal vision podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Newcastle were about to get relegated, then to get them out of the mire they sacked their manager and brought in a legendary club and country superstar, then got relegated?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word round the campfire is that Wenger is about to land the Bayern job