User Tag List

Page 794 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 2946947447847927937947957968048448941294 ... LastLast
Results 7,931 to 7,940 of 13812

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the likes of Sanchez are probably thinking about winning trophies now and our underwhelming summer transfers and poor start to the season aren't going to convince them that's going to happen here.

What really sells clubs to big players is ambition and a belief that they can win the big prizes, I think those players must have realised by now it's not going to happen here, what helped us to sign them in the 1st place was the fact they needed to leave their ecxisting clubs as they were surplus to requirements, Sanchez must be seeing us as a stepping stone to a more successful club.

Fans are frustrated by this club, no doubt the top players are too, the club as a whole just isn't hnugry enough to deliver success on the pitch. When we brought them here we surely would have known we had a limited time to prove we're going to challenge for the big prizes and are ambitious, we've clearly failed on both scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think the likes of Sanchez are probably thinking about winning trophies now and our underwhelming summer transfers and poor start to the season aren't going to convince them that's going to happen here.

What really sells clubs to big players is ambition and a belief that they can win the big prizes, I think those players must have realised by now it's not going to happen here, what helped us to sign them in the 1st place was the fact they needed to leave their ecxisting clubs as they were surplus to requirements, Sanchez must be seeing us as a stepping stone to a more successful club.

Fans are frustrated by this club, no doubt the top players are too, the club as a whole just isn't hnugry enough to deliver success on the pitch. When we brought them here we surely would have known we had a limited time to prove we're going to challenge for the big prizes and are ambitious, we've clearly failed on both scores.
    That could all change if one man decides to do the club a massive favour and fuck off. This is a critical season. Big players deciding their futures and the bloke that drowns all ambition entering the final year of his contract. What will he do, what's good for him or what's right for the club? Then again, I guess he believes his mere presence is a gift direct from God. He's modestly denied being an emissary from the heavens, but not in a convincing manner.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger won't leave unless he's made to feel unwelcome and his hand forced. I can live with Ozil and Sanchez leaving so long as Wenger leave because the new manager will have their own philosophy and some money to spend on players he wants. It would be best if we kept them but won't lose it if they go. The biggest contract story we need to be worried about is the one they'll offer to Wenger. If he signs on again, we're royally fucked and trying to hang on to these stars will be the least of our problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Wenger won't leave unless he's made to feel unwelcome and his hand forced. I can live with Ozil and Sanchez leaving so long as Wenger leave because the new manager will have their own philosophy and some money to spend on players he wants. It would be best if we kept them but won't lose it if they go. The biggest contract story we need to be worried about is the one they'll offer to Wenger. If he signs on again, we're royally fucked and trying to hang on to these stars will be the least of our problems.
    Yep, totally agree with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermarvee View Post
    I used to think that getting CL football meant that the better players would come to your club. Not so anymore, money talks. Both Zlatan and Pogba went to a non CL club, Chelsea also got players and so did City before they qualified although I don't suppose that was very much in doubt. Add to the money the fact that players have observed Arsenal in the CL, and we end up with mediocrity.
    It still does if the club who has qualified for CL shows ambition, it really is as simple as that.

Of course prestige of the club and recent history does play a part, but a club like us should and could be a lot more ambitious in the market. We managed to spend 90million net this summer and I'm not convinced we actually got what we wanted in terms of the quality.
    Last edited by selassie; 15-09-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends. Most important thing is that he is talking directly to the player about it. I'm sure he is. But spouting to the media and increasing the pressure for performance isn't always the most constructive thing to do. It's feeding a fire with oil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 year anniversary for Wenger today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged