User Tag List

Page 1382 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 382882128213321372138013811382
Results 13,811 to 13,820 of 13820

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    So if we do go out and spend real money on a top striker, where would Havertz play? Would it make sense to have both Jesus and him being our highest earners and warming the bench as "useful additions to the team"?

IMO if we are being serious about competing, we need to get Havertz off our books this summer, and thanks to the current media hype on his "contributions" it makes getting our "investment" back easier than it was 4 months ago. It goes without saying that we'd have recruited a top striker before that decision.....actually scratch that, if anyone threw silly money at him now we should just take it and move on.
    Surely it would make far more sense to get Jesus and Nketiah off our books rather then a player who is actually producing for us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m happy that he’s found a role for himself and delivered more than Jesus would have, but it’s still a square peg in a round hole that won’t stand the test of time. A striker has to be top of the shopping list this summer and I would also look for a right sided winger to compete with Saka as well.

If we can offload Jesus and buy someone like Isak I would be very happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think having a choice of different types of striker is the ideal, with Kai being one and the other being an Eddie type but one who is at top-of-the-PL level rather than middle-of-the-Championship level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone else lying awake at 1am thinking "we could win the league"?

I know it's massively unlikely but I'm in 'Fever Pitch' mode and can't stop myself having those 'what if' thoughts

But that's what it's about, the belief, the hope, if it gets dashed so be it, but we're bloody close and it feels good

(and yes I may have had a drink or two )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Is anyone else lying awake at 1am thinking "we could win the league"?

I know it's massively unlikely but I'm in 'Fever Pitch' mode and can't stop myself having those 'what if' thoughts

But that's what it's about, the belief, the hope, if it gets dashed so be it, but we're bloody close and it feels good

(and yes I may have had a drink or two )
    We’re as close as we’ve been in 20 years but sadly because it’s out of our hands and a lot still needs to happen for it to swing our way, I’m not really that excited. Now if by some miracle City dropped some unexpected points, I’d be absolutely shitting it with excitement.

I know you get what you deserve in the end but I feel as though we’ve been better than City in the league this season so it’s horribly frustrating to not be above them right now.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; Yesterday at 03:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah generally (i.e. when I've had not had a drink or two) I've been feeling that way, but the Spuds game was such a big hurdle to clear that it's going to feel quite disappointing now, either if we now do drop points or if we don't and they win all their games - which history tells us is very likely

Anyway I'm off to get some aspirin...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is beginning to feel like a real possibility.
    It always has been but with our run in and City and Liverpool both looking in the mood it seemed unlikely. We were always 3rd favourites. But now Liverpool have all but removed themselves from the equation and Arsenal have navigated the big banana skins. We still have Utd away - they're a mess and very beatable, but they'll definitely raise it against us. And the home games are banana skins, particularly Bournemouth. The main thing of course is it's not in our hands. And City aren't known for slipping at this stage of the season.
    I think whatever happens I won't be too upset. It's been a brilliant effort. People can point to the Villa game. I'd point to the West Ham and Fulham ones. But you can do that in any season. If City do slip and we don't then it will be properly squeaky bum time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather City won all their games than if they slip up and then, like after Liverpool-Palace, we do the same, that really would be unbearable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather City won all their games than if they slip up and then, like after Liverpool-Palace, we do the same, that really would be unbearable
    Yes. The weekend when Liverpool lost to Palace...and then we lost to Villa was pretty hard to take.
    If we do our bit and it's not enough then so be it. I've said this all along. If City are going to win it then ok, but make the fuckers win it. Don't just hand it to them like last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disagree, how much would we have paid for a striker that got nearly a goal a game and also contributed well overall (think of the pass to Saka yesterday)?

I think the money's turned out to be justified

Trossard was a bargain and Jorg and Kiwior good buys, although there will always be a question mark on why we didn't focus on them to start with instead of one (unconvincing) player in Mudryk, we'd have been chronically short this season without those three buys
    I agree with this.

Havertz's all round play has been as big a factor as his G's and A's in getting us to where we are. His athleticism has surprised me, and his fitness/availability is off the scale. Plus he has delievered in big games, and given the kind of money that teams have slurged for young or untested players recently, £60M looks like money well spent.

Havertz plays 2 roles in one, and is difficult to categorise, but this is also his strength.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter