User Tag List

Thread: Season Review 2023/2024 Awards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season Review 2023/2024 Awards

Best Game of the Season

I think there really is only one game, not because it was a great performance but because it ended a long losing streak. And that is the 1-0 win over Man City in October. Beating them meant a lot to our confidence

Worst Game of the Season

Not a defeat but the 2-2 draw against Fulham in August, our performance was utterly insipid. The pieces just didn’t fit. Playing Partey as a right back, playing Havertz as a Xhaka….the way we were so easily taken apart on the counter. Throwing the win away despite them being down to ten men. Horrible

Goal of the Season

For me it’s Martinelli’s goal against Sevilla in Spain, the perfection of the pass from Jesus and the fearless composure from Martinelli.

Bed Soiling of the Season

It’s David Raya away at Luton, culpable for all the goals Luton scored. How he managed to avoid being dropped after that I can’t say

Best goalkeeping performance of the season

David Raya vs Porto (H)

Best defensive performance of the season

Gabriel Maga vs Man City (A)

Best midfield performance of the season

Jorginho vs Liverpool (H)

Best Attacking performance of the season

Bukayo Saka vs West Ham (A)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Worst Game of the Season

Not a defeat but the 2-2 draw against Fulham in August, our performance was utterly insipid. The pieces just didn’t fit. Playing Partey as a right back, playing Havertz as a Xhaka….the way we were so easily taken apart on the counter. Zinchenko throwing the win away despite them being down to ten men. Horrible
    corrected for you

I agree though with the sentiment and genuinely, it's not because it was Zin in particular (for me the other huge 2-point cockup was Jorg against Spuds at home), you just should be good enough all round to kill a game like that off stone dead, knowing that it could cost you later in the season if you don't

For me it's worse than when a team just has an off day as that happens to everyone