User Tag List

Page 1283 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 2837831183123312731281128212831284128512931333 ... LastLast
Results 12,821 to 12,830 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking of blood pressure....
    Does anyone else feel totally inconsolable over those cntus beating Leicester tonight?
    How can they be continuously so lucky? Where did the ref get seven minutes from.
    Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Talking of blood pressure....
    Does anyone else feel totally inconsolable over those cntus beating Leicester tonight?
    How can they be continuously so lucky? Where did the ref get seven minutes from.
    Fucking hell.
    Ngl, I did go to bed in bit of a sulk!

I’m still relatively easy about spurs for now, though. We’ve been here before with them, haven’t we? As recently as Mourinho, where they somehow keep churning out results despite never looking particularly convincing on the pitch. In the short term (esp. during the ‘honeymoon’ phase of a new manager’s reign) results and the table can lie, but the "eye test" usually turns out to be a pretty good indicator of where things are going: right now I look at spurs and I see a team who aren’t playing particularly well and are snatching a lot of draws / narrow wins at the death, sometimes with with the last kick of the game. That won’t last. It reminds me very much of when Auba and Laca’s ridiculously high conversion rate was driving Emery’s early unbeaten run - we all knew they couldn't possibly sustain that form and that there was going to be a reckoning at some point.

Who knows? Maybe they'll keep it going - if they do, AND they've started playing good football by the end of the season, THEN I’ll start looking nervously at them. But right now I see a lot of combustable elements there - Conte, Levy, an unhappy Kane, a lot of overpaid, underachieving players who's relationship with the fans is strained and who know they're probably not wanted by the manager - and they haven't really had to deal with any serious adversity yet under Conte. What's going to happen when they stop nicking those last-minute goals? What's going to happen when the other clubs start working out Conte's tactics and he doesn't have the options to change anything? What happens if (when) Conte doesn't get the players he wants in January? Is he going to start chucking players under the bus? Will those same players fight for him or will they down tools and tank him?

They've also got an impending fixture pile-up to deal with in the run-in because of the 4 or 5 games they've had postponed - again, how are they going to handle that? They were an unfit side when Conte took over, and he's a pretty hard task-master - will they be able to sustain these same levels for another 4-5 months (especially if they're having to go to the 97th minute in most games to get a result) or are these players going to burn out at some point?

Again, who knows? Maybe they will keep it going - I just feel like we're a long way from needing to worry yet (and, tbf, I'm sure they feel much the same about us).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Ngl, I did go to bed in bit of a sulk!

I’m still relatively easy about spurs for now, though. We’ve been here before with them, haven’t we? As recently as Mourinho, where they somehow keep churning out results despite never looking particularly convincing on the pitch. In the short term (esp. during the ‘honeymoon’ phase of a new manager’s reign) results and the table can lie, but the "eye test" usually turns out to be a pretty good indicator of where things are going: right now I look at spurs and I see a team who aren’t playing particularly well and are snatching a lot of draws / narrow wins at the death, sometimes with with the last kick of the game. That won’t last. It reminds me very much of when Auba and Laca’s ridiculously high conversion rate was driving Emery’s early unbeaten run - we all knew they couldn't possibly sustain that form and that there was going to be a reckoning at some point.

Who knows? Maybe they'll keep it going - if they do, AND they've started playing good football by the end of the season, THEN I’ll start looking nervously at them. But right now I see a lot of combustable elements there - Conte, Levy, an unhappy Kane, a lot of overpaid, underachieving players who's relationship with the fans is strained and who know they're probably not wanted by the manager - and they haven't really had to deal with any serious adversity yet under Conte. What's going to happen when they stop nicking those last-minute goals? What's going to happen when the other clubs start working out Conte's tactics and he doesn't have the options to change anything? What happens if (when) Conte doesn't get the players he wants in January? Is he going to start chucking players under the bus? Will those same players fight for him or will they down tools and tank him?

They've also got an impending fixture pile-up to deal with in the run-in because of the 4 or 5 games they've had postponed - again, how are they going to handle that? They were an unfit side when Conte took over, and he's a pretty hard task-master - will they be able to sustain these same levels for another 4-5 months (especially if they're having to go to the 97th minute in most games to get a result) or are these players going to burn out at some point?

Again, who knows? Maybe they will keep it going - I just feel like we're a long way from needing to worry yet (and, tbf, I'm sure they feel much the same about us).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big IF but win our games in hand and we are level on points as Chelsea, which seems odd. Although i am also staggered we are behind Spurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    Big IF but win our games in hand and we are level on points as Chelsea, which seems odd. Although i am also staggered we are behind Spurs.
    Staggered is mild 🤣.
    I was totally pissed off and literally wanted to kick the shit out my TV 😡

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down.

We're finishing 3rd anyway.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Calm down.

Pass the dutchie on the LHS mate
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Calm down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal under Arteta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://shewore.com/2022/01/27/tv-ga...-year-same-bs/

This is another reason that I am going off our beloved game.

What happend to Saturday afternoon 3.00 kick offs? That is why the game was invented!

The article mentions that by the end of March, out of 26 games, only 4 would have been played at 3.00pm on Saturday.