User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Sunderland (away).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Before us last year the FA cup winners were Wigan who were relegated....Other luminary teams such as Portsmouth have won it..they too were relegated the next season, The FA cup is no indication of a good team. Its........ how shall I put this.....Pot luck
    Nice work on cherry picking two FA Cup winners over the last 20 years...
    And people are accusing me of twisting facts?!

Wigan beat City, it was a shock result.
    Portsmouth beat Cardiff, it was an unusual season in which none of the big boys made it to the final.

Every other year for the past 20 years it's been a 'big team' winning it, pretty much always a side who finished in the top 4. That's why the Double, once a thing spoken of in hushed tones, has become far more common. So, no, it isn't 'pot luck'. Of course there is an element of luck and 'on the day' which is why you get those two unusual years but the trend in the past 20 years has clearly been a top 4 league team winning the cup too.

P.S Its only you who didnt see this shit on a stick season coming....plus Wenger of course
    No, it isn't:

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3016

I notice you declined to comment in that thread. Nor did I but I've said I'm surprised by how it's going so far. You're claiming more prescience than I doubt you really had...

Oh, and you asked why use points as a comparison? It's the best objective measure isn't it? Yes, 3 teams go down and 3 come up. But the other 16 sides we have to play are the same. Some of those sides will sign well and get better, others will get worse. Overall though over 38 games it's a pretty reasonable measure of where you are. Last year we finished with the most points and with the smallest gap to the champions since 2008. I don't see how that's irrelevant when arguing against the claim that we are getting 'shitter and shitter'.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie

Lightbulb

I think the performance was a bit blunt today there was a big gap between midfield and attack, we made Sunderland look better than what they were when in fact they were listless throughout and the two errors which gifted us goals exemplified that rather than blemished anything.

I thought Welbeck actually played well and was prepared to run, take on players and find team mates. I think Sanchez's presence was enough to make the players panic and commit the howlers that gifted him two goals

Cazorla was shocking, Szczesny once again seems to be coming off his line unnecessarily and the rest of the team were largely anonymous. Though Chambers once again was hard working and full of energy which is good to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    Sanchez

And wenger wants to change his style of play
    Did he actually say that?

Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex Song had his best game in English football yesterday. Looked a proper DM while here people said he was ill-disciplined.

Cesc has looked less lazy and of a defensively liability than he did for us, hence hes been able to return to the '2', so hes improved.

Wilsheres going backwards. Ramsey has had his season probably.

Midfield is the position on the pitch which separates the blaggers and wingers from the serious. In a park football match its the midfielder who are the most tactically inept. Forwards and defenders generally know what they need to do as its relatively instinctive, its the midfielders who dont have a clue what is required of them in terms of protecting the defence and consistently pulling the opposition out of position or generally troubling them with their choices (movement/passing)

This is where Wenger tells on himself.

Exposes the fact he doesnt have a clue tactically.

We play without a midfield as Souness said. They simply domt do shyt.

Allardyce would do a better job for us right now tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we still debating that we are getting shitter and shitter out there on that pitch?

Results like yesterday's are exactly why stats can be thrown at us to try and make things look better than they really are. An absolute shitfest, like what has been happening for many a seasons now, but we came out with the all important 3 points due to a poor league with 3/4 of its participants being appallingly shit.

How many more of these will we pull off, as we end in the season with what looks a respectable points haul?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letters aint convinced....there's something missing but he cant seem to put his finger on it. Ah well, sometime before Ragnorak, we will have an answer. In the meantime....WUMGER. Long may his reign continue

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Özil's Panoramic View View Post
    Are we still debating that we are getting shitter and shitter out there on that pitch?

Results like yesterday's are exactly why stats can be thrown at us to try and make things look better than they really are. An absolute shitfest, like what has been happening for many a seasons now, but we came out with the all important 3 points due to a poor league with 3/4 of its participants being appallingly shit.

How many more of these will we pull off, as we end in the season with what looks a respectable points haul?
    Staying with my brother it's immediate to find parallels between you and my 20 month old nephew who screams and bangs his fist, he's frustrated because his porridge hasn't cooled down and he isn't old enough to know better. What's your excuse?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özil's Panoramic View View Post

Excellent post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Staying with my brother it's immediate to find parallels between you and my 20 month old nephew who screams and bangs his fist, he's frustrated because his porridge hasn't cooled down and he isn't old enough to know better. What's your excuse?
    Personal insults.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Letters aint convinced
    I've backed up my opinion with stats and reasoning. All you've done is keep repeating it as fact as though the more you say it the truer it will be.

Actually, my stance isn't really an opinion. The most significant objective metrics of where we are year on year clearly show that we haven't got 'shitter and shitter' over the last 5 years. Last season we got more points and were closer to the champions than any year since 2008.