User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Match Reaction Arsenal v/s Burnley, Nov 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Dont necessarily agree about Martinez not having a Plan B. He makes sound substitutions and makes tactical changes which make sense and have brought success. Case in point being moving Lukaku down the right against us last season. That was a masterstroke and he ran riot against the left side of our defense. When was the last time Wenger did something like that? The thing that appeals to me most about Martinez is that he took a David Moyes team which played boring dull football and made it exciting within one season.

The thing is... I would love for us to win trophies and I think Martinez can possibly do that (or at least thats my opinion). What I am fairly certain of is the fact that he will make us a good team to watch. We will play good football, play players in their best positions and actually give a F*** about the shirt. Thats all I ask really..

As for the last part of your post about waiting for Wenger's two years to be over for us to get Klopp.. I dont even want to think about it. First, because Wenger's time was up 5 seasons back... everyday is past his sell by date. He needs to go yesterday! Second, what are the chances that when Wenger's 2 years are up that Madrid or Bayern or Chelsea are not looking for a manager? So we'd end of wasting 2 years waiting for a manager who does not end up joining us!
    in 2 years time I'll gladly take Pep or Carlo. Mourinho can go to the Spuds, they need a new manager every 6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    They may want to pit their wits against the best in the Champions League - we might not be there if our manager can't find a way to compete against the better sides & to stop dropping points to pub teams.
    Say we don't qualify, a new top name will still be easy to get - if the parasitic bastards running our club want a top name. We have the resources and the new guy has an opportunity to easily look good whike coining it in.

But that scenario ain't happening. We are playing like a steaming pile of turd. I want to pour acid in my eyes when I watch us play. And yet, if we don't finish 4th this year it is because we will be third.

The standard in the EPL is abysmal. We are and always will qualify for the CL with Wenger.

Always. Always. Always.

And in case I have left any doubt. I don't see that as a good thing.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Say we don't qualify, a new top name will still be easy to get - if the parasitic bastards running our club want a top name. We have the resources and the new guy has an opportunity to easily look good whike coining it in.

But that scenario ain't happening. We are playing like a steaming pile of turd. I want to pour acid in my eyes when I watch us play. And yet, if we don't finish 4th this year it is because we will be third.

The standard in the EPL is abysmal. We are and always will qualify for the CL with Wenger.

Always. Always. Always.

After Wengers early success we went through quite a few years thinking that surely he would put things right & they we'd have a crack at the league. During these years 3rd or 4th place was seen as a disappointment. Nowadays it seems as though finishing 4th is our realistic goal every year with the hope of a cup run. We seem to have a continuos struggle for 4th now - if this trait of lack of ambition continues under Wenger we will come unstuck in the next few years.
    If it hadn't been for the calamity of Moyes last year we would have been playing in the Europa cup this Thursday.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post

Always. Always. Always.

Between 2003 and 2014 champions league qualification was vital to service our debt and leave us on a good financial footing

Now it is not vital and if you are Real Madrid, Bayern Munich ,Barcelona, Chelsea, Man City, PSG you can probably have one poor season and qualify for Champions League next season. But the financial disparity means that you miss out one season it will probably be many years until you qualify again. So if Wenger finishes third/fourth in 2015, makes it more likely he will qualify 2016 and 2017. And that lays the ground for a new manager to have a meaningful crack at it.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 04-11-2014 at 07:08 PM.