User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Borussia Dortmund (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks fuck, Sanogo finally score! I've read the game thread, someone on there is right, Sanogo just take ages and look clumsky to get the ball out of his feet, but I feel too he has the strength and power to be pretty good, so hope with the goal he improves from there. And I think the goal, all he could do was to poke, instead of thinking how to get it in, and it was playing on his mind that he hasn't score yet, so I hope this help him just score goals, instead of thinking how to score goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...graeme-souness

Agreed, without Alexis, we would be dead and buried.

Boys played well, actually looked like we had a game plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch it.

But, yay.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play to the boys, thought they played well last night, really professional performance and we looked solid all over the pitch.

More of this please!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Didn't watch it.

But, yay.
    Wasn't going to but it was on Sky1 and we were 1-0 up when I got in so I thought I would.
    Pretty decent performance for once although the fact Dortmund had already qualified probably played a part.
    Hopefully we can use it as a platform to build on though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Wasn't going to but it was on Sky1 and we were 1-0 up when I got in so I thought I would.
    Pretty decent performance for once although the fact Dortmund had already qualified probably played a part.
    Hopefully we can use it as a platform to build on though.
    Would be nice.

I won't hold my breath though.

I don't want loads of trophies, I just want them to put in a hard-working performance each game, with a manager who sends them out with clear instructions. Sounds like we did that last night.....but one match isn't good enough. We need to be doing it consistently, especially with the talent we have.

Fingers crossed. Would be nice to watch a match again.....just really can't be bothered at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing about football is there are such fine lines.
    By all accounts we played well on Saturday and were all over them and but for some poor finishing we'd have won easily. A freak goal goes against us, we panic and get caught on the break. I'm not defending any of that but was there so much difference between our first half performance on Saturday and yesterday, aside from putting the ball in the net (from an arguably offside position)? Didn't see it on Saturday, so I genuinely don't know, but I heard we played well.

I don't hold out much hope either but I do think there are the makings of a good side at Arsenal, and that's just on the injury table

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Would be nice.

I won't hold my breath though.

I don't want loads of trophies, I just want them to put in a hard-working performance each game, with a manager who sends them out with clear instructions. Sounds like we did that last night.....but one match isn't good enough. We need to be doing it consistently, especially with the talent we have.

Fingers crossed. Would be nice to watch a match again.....just really can't be bothered at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    I'll rephrase.

I'd love loads of trophies, but that's not the issue for me right now. It isn't the be all and end all. I just want to identify with the club again, and see them (manager included) perform to the standard commensurate with their ability, and pay grade.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Winning Silverware is something i consider very important, but i agree that we should not expect it. What i expect though is the planning and preparedness and the investment in playing personnel in order to make it possible.
    To be fair even going into this season, i wouldn't have been disappointed if we had won nothing as long as we made a concerted challenge to Chelsea in the title race, and had made a bigger in road into the Champions League.
    We are currently 15 points behind Chelsea, and we are barring a miracle completley beholden to the luck of the draw in the last 16...not acceptable