User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool vs Arsenal - Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given how the game played out a draw wasnt a bad result considering. Everything about this team & the management disgusts me, nothing more to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Given how the game played out a point wasnt a bad result considering. Everything about this team & the management disgusts me, nothing more to say.
    I agree. Disgust is the word. Spare a thought for the board too. Smug, complacent parasites leeching off a once great club. They can fuck right off too.

Happy Xmas everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was most worrying for me was the fact that Sanchez has caught on Wengeritis. He wasnt chasing the ball or forcing the defenders to make mistakes. The longer we keep the cancer (Wenger) at the club, the more he will kill off any decent players.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Given how the game played out a draw wasn't a bad result considering. Everything about this team & the management disgusts me, nothing more to say.
    Totally agree with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a tough one but sometimes I wish we'd miss out on 4th place and that would give the club the impetus to do something. The downside of that is once we go outside the top 4, I am not convinced by our capability of getting back up there, as we will be seeing it as the holy grail in the same way Spurs and Everton do.

The basic fact is there are at least four teams in the league who are on a par or better than us - Chelsea, Citeh, Mancs and Scousers, with Spurs and Everton banging on the door. Then you have the team nobody saw coming, and this season it looks like Saints or West Ham, but in the past seasons Spurs, Everton, Villa, Toon and Swansea have stuck around giving Wenger sleepless nights until late on in the season.

It's clear to me the guy has become so arrogant and set in his ways that we'll not get anywhere until he goes. And that is sad. Undoubtedly he's a genius, he's worked wonders for Arsenal and I don't know any fan who isn't grateful for that. The bad news is we are stuck with a manager for three years who seriously needs to be questioned, not left to his own devices. I do believe David Dein was one guy who would have had a word and brought him to his senses. Unfortunately there's nobody who can do that now.

Arsenal seem to be a bit pointless at the moment. Not going to win anything, led by a vain and stubborn old man who refuses to accept he can't fix the fundamentally basic faults in the team. We can all see what we need, and I'm sure Arsene does, but he genuinely believes he can succeed doing things his way. I genuinely believe we will not get in the top 4 this season. If our first 11 is fit sure, but we know that will never ever happen.

Maybe by some ridiculous fluke we'll win the CL this season, but I can't see it. Another thing AW hasn't thought of is the winner of the Europa League qualifies in front of 4th place this season, so if Spurs, Liverpool or Everton take things seriously, we could toil into 4th place in May to have that ripped away because the Europa final will be contested by any combination of Spurs, Liverpool and Everton, neither of whom will be in the top 4, but winner gets the Champions League.

Oh and yes, predictably, we were shit.

Happy Christmas
    Last edited by Slacker; 21-12-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: missed a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vital point gained in the epic battle for 4th.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see it. Before I'd have been happy enough with a draw but leading that late...you might want to win. But I think we all knew we wouldn't we just do not win these sorts of games and always always always find a way to cock it up no matter the scenario. Depressing how inevitable it all was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Vital point gained in the epic battle for 4th.
    I'm backing us to win the 4th place trophy by default, I don't think West Ham or Southampton have the legs to sustain their current position and the other contenders are marginally more inept than us.

If we win on Boxing Day we'll be on course for 60 points. Well done us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Borini going off should have killed the game. But hey.....there's points to drop so let's drop them.

Our backline is a joke.....and it is a miracle that Debuchy our RB just happens to be a decent CB.....too bad our CB's aren't decent CB's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't Paddy Power ever lay odds on us not turning up for big games? They can afford to lose a bit of cash, selfish bastards.
    Für eure Sicherheit