User Tag List

Page 101 of 312 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3116

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    Personally don't trust Wenger with anything to do with transfers. Utd paid £19 mill for De Gea who was young & improving. Chelsea would have spent £20+ to get Courtois (if they didn't already own him) again young & improving. If Perrin is valued at £20 mill then it would suggest he's already much better than a Fabianski or an Ospina. Why does every buy have to turn into a bad one. Spuds £8 mill on Lloris looks like great business for a keeper who hit the ground running. £8 for Lloris with his whole career ahead of him or if sold a healthy profit to buy quality again. We are paying more than that for a 33 year old who can only go downhill, hasn't played much in a year & with no re-sale value.
    Spurs signed Lloris yonks ago. Very harsh to penalise Wenger for a signing made so long ago. He's finally addressing the goalkeeper issue so why bring up past signings that happended 4/5 years ago?

If you don't trust Wenger with signings I doubt you'd cut him any slack for spending £20m on a keeper that's developing and if he had the sort of seasons De Gea had for Utd when first arriving, you wouldn't praise the purchase.

33 isn't old for a keeper. Young keepers getting first team action is very rare. When we signed Lehman and when Utd signed Van der Sar, they were older signings compared to Cech. I don't know what the problem is. I'm often criticak of Wenger mistakes but this isn't one of them. Seems like you'rd take every opportunity to beat him down with whatever decision he makes. It just gives ammunition to guys like Letters who thinks their is an agenda against Wenger.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ky-sources-say

£10.9 million fee say the esoteric 'Sky Sources'.

Not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good bit of business.

Now get a striker and midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool to sign Firmino says the SSN bar.

I guess signing 9388944884 players in one window last season wasn't enough.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Liverpool to sign Firmino says the SSN bar.

I guess signing 9388944884 players in one window last season wasn't enough.

I'm sure he'll make a great right wing back.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 23-06-2015 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moreno.

How many signings would that be for Liverpool already...five?

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Moreno.

How many signings would that be for Liverpool already...five?
    Yep, the full Booker T already.

Though tbf one of those is a young CB who won't be seen for a few decades and one is a backup goalie so won't be seen either even though his hair actually glows in the dark. Plus we actually have players leaving this summer instead of just piling them on for depth. For my money we're still due an actual right back and a proper striker.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Spurs signed Lloris yonks ago. Very harsh to penalise Wenger for a signing made so long ago. He's finally addressing the goalkeeper issue so why bring up past signings that happended 4/5 years ago?

If you don't trust Wenger with signings I doubt you'd cut him any slack for spending £20m on a keeper that's developing and if he had the sort of seasons De Gea had for Utd when first arriving, you wouldn't praise the purchase.

33 isn't old for a keeper. Young keepers getting first team action is very rare. When we signed Lehman and when Utd signed Van der Sar, they were older signings compared to Cech. I don't know what the problem is. I'm often criticak of Wenger mistakes but this isn't one of them. Seems like you'rd take every opportunity to beat him down with whatever decision he makes. It just gives ammunition to guys like Letters who thinks their is an agenda against Wenger.
    Well considering you have said yourself that you don't trust Wenger to spend money, when you then say this isn't a terrible piece of business....you definitely mean it.

And for what it's worth i agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great signing if it goes through, can't think of many better prem proven keepers on the market. 10 mil is a bargain if it helps us challenge for the league over next couple of seasons. Get another DM and a forward and we're laughing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coutinho Is Boss, I guess View Post
    Yep, the full Booker T already.

Though tbf one of those is a young CB who won't be seen for a few decades and one is a backup goalie so won't be seen either even though his hair actually glows in the dark. Plus we actually have players leaving this summer instead of just piling them on for depth. For my money we're still due an actual right back and a proper striker.
    Brenton loves signing players, he's the new 'Arry