User Tag List

Page 2 of 312 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion is that Reus is too good to pass up on and if he did want to come here then we should be all over it. He's world class, and to be brutally honest I would sacrifice one of Theo or Ox If that what it takes to get Reus here.

Can you imagine Reus and Sanchez on both flanks, oh my....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously thought, WTF is happening to Dortmund? rock bottom with virtually the same squad (bar the polish fella). They are in real danger of going down too.

Reus is just top class, so elegant and efficient. Id definitely have him over any of our attacking players (bar Alexis, Santi and Ox). We could do a deal with Bayern, give them Ozil and ask them not to snif around for Reus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to some Spanish paper, Sanchez is considering leaving after being snubbed twice for the player of the month awards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reus would be a great addition, but up front is the one place where numbers is not an issue.

That would obviously change if we have a major shake-up and getting rid of Players who obviously have no future with us.

Players I can see potentially going are:

Podolski (Talented, but far to lazy for Arsenal's playstyle)
    Miyaichi (Failed to deliver on potential)
    Jenkinson (Can't see him getting in now with Debuchy and Bellerin, and I doubt he'd be happy with 3rd choice)
    Campbell (I think the new deal was just to ensure we get a good fee for him)
    Diaby (Tragic, but we need to let go at some point)
    Sanogo (He's on/off form reminds me of Moneybayor... Once burnt twice shy and all that)
    *Wilshere (Was touted as our "Gerrard", but his position is flooded with players of same or better quality... His off pitch smoking isn't doing him any favors)
    Arteta (Given his age, can he keep up with the energy and tempo that we have been playing to as of late... I doubt it)
    Flamini (I remember seeing something suggesting that he wants to end his career in France, so may aswell cash in whilst we can get something)
    * Rosicky (He's a eager beaver, so I can see him wanting out to play more given how little time he has left in the top flight)
    * Cazorla (Perhaps the money grabbers upstairs will want to cash in given his amazing form this season)

I put an * by Wilshere, Cazorla and Rosicky as I don't wan't them to leave!

Obviously, nobody should be leaving unless we find suitable (or better) replacements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miyaichi
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanogo should leave, even if all our other strikers leave. Or die.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miyaichi is worse than Letters' wardrobe.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have barely seen anything of him (Miyachi) to say that.. Letters on the other hand
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Seriously thought, WTF is happening to Dortmund? rock bottom with virtually the same squad (bar the polish fella). They are in real danger of going down too.

Reus is just top class, so elegant and efficient. Id definitely have him over any of our attacking players (bar Alexis, Santi and Ox). We could do a deal with Bayern, give them Ozil and ask them not to snif around for Reus.
    Dortmund and Klopp are a disgrace. They're going down.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Arteta is and always was an AM. The fact that Wumger felt the need to shoehorn him into a position he is obviously not suited for should not change the historical facts from his time at Rangers and before Arteta was an AM.
    If we are collecting them like stamps, then lets get us a Penny Black instead of a Zimbabwe Mugabe special edition.

As for Real, why go there? Asides from earning 200kpw.
    How's that in any way relevant though? He may have been an AM when he first arrived but everyone on here knows that he's been playing as a DM for us and that's the role he takes up in the squad.

I agree he's not suited for the role which is why we need to focus on bringing in a world class player in that position this summer (Schniderlin, Bender etc) instead of wasting resources and time going for a player who:

A) We don't need
    B) Has so many suitors that he's unlikely choose us even if we were interested

And for the same reason why most players who haven't already been there, dream of Real Madrid: the glamour and reputation of the club. It's the biggest club in the world with superstars in nearly every position.

Wouldn't shock me if they got rid of Bale this summer to make room for him either as the latter has been getting a few jeers from the fickle Madrid crowd .... Real are well known for their superstar merry-go-round.

Personally think if he had any sense he'd go to to Bayern as with Robben aging and Ribery losing it, he's guaranteed a starting berth but I'd hate to see yet another Dortmund player being taken by Bayern.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Combination of reasons by the looks of it:

- Losing their best player ever summer and replacing them with inferior players eventually becomes noticeable. For example, Immobile is no where close to Lewondonski

- Klopp running their current team into the ground, resulting in numerous injuries and general fatigue. Dortmund's style of play is very aggressive and physically intensive and that eventually takes it's toll on players. People moan about Wenger doing a similar thing at times (see Ramsey last year) but Klopp's a hundred times worse at it.

- Teams finally figuring out Klopp's tactics and adjusting accordingly

- Confidence. We can speak from experience about this, but it becomes a cycle of negativity and bad results lead to further bad results as the team has zero confidence and end up making stupid mistakes as a result.

- Their defence has gone to complete shit this season. People wank the fuck out of Hummels but he's been absolutely garbage this season. I actually do hope United are silly enough to splurge £40 of so million on him or whatever they're speculating on Redcafe as I think he's very overrated.

Think Raphael Honegistein wrote a really good piece about Dortmund's demise recently.

I still don't think they'll go down though. It's very tight there and a couple of back to back wins will be enough to lift them out and they have enough quality to be able to do that.

Mind you, they'll be rich for picking if they do go down though. Wouldn't mind a bit of Ginter or Sven Bender myself.
    Last edited by The Emirates Gallactico; 05-02-2015 at 07:19 PM.