User Tag List

Page 212 of 312 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3116

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Had the same issues with RvC but I think eventually every played who is not called Diaby gets their day in the sun. Theo has surely one standout season in him.
    He (Theo) did, 2012/2013 season - 43 appearences, 21 goals.
    Last edited by Static; 05-08-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Clarifying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, he really came into his own that season. 21 goals and 16 assists from 43 games. I mean Sanchez had an amazing debut season with 25 goals and 12 assists from 52 games. That puts things into perspective. He had a pretty good season with RVP just before that with 11 goals and 12 assists. But it all gets forgotten so quickly.

It's the injuries and it's something the club need to get a grasp on. Theo, Rosicky and Diaby all signed in the same year and have to be our most injured players. Maybe that year was cursed? But when you look at how the club crocked Wilshere and rushed him back you have to question what's going on. They caused his ankle problems by misdiagnosing the problem and letting him play whilst injured after that England game. Ramsey is another one all of sudden picking up constant injuries and the same started happening to Cesc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Yep, he really came into his own that season. 21 goals and 16 assists from 43 games. I mean Sanchez had an amazing debut season with 25 goals and 12 assists from 52 games. That puts things into perspective. He had a pretty good season with RVP just before that with 11 goals and 12 assists. But it all gets forgotten so quickly.

It's the injuries and it's something the club need to get a grasp on. Theo, Rosicky and Diaby all signed in the same year and have to be our most injured players. Maybe that year was cursed? But when you look at how the club crocked Wilshere and rushed him back you have to question what's going on. They caused his ankle problems by misdiagnosing the problem and letting him play whilst injured after that England game. Ramsey is another one all of sudden picking up constant injuries and the same started happening to Cesc.
    I think we have turned a corner on this issue, last season was much much better on the injury front. Players looked stronger and fitter, but dont know what has changed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shad Forsythe is our new head of 'athletic performance enhancement'. He's helping with our fitness, conditioning and rehabilitation.

I hope we've turned a corner but Welbeck and Wilshere's injuries worry me slightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can blame who we want for injuries, Wenger, physios, whatever. The bottom line is there are players, like Theo and like Wilshere, that are just not robust enough and do not get enough pitch time to justify their inclusion in our squad. RVP had two great seasons in a career lasting over a decade so far. That's absolutely awful for someone at a top club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    We can blame who we want for injuries, Wenger, physios, whatever. The bottom line is there are players, like Theo and like Wilshere, that are just not robust enough and do not get enough pitch time to justify their inclusion in our squad. RVP had two great seasons in a career lasting over a decade so far. That's absolutely awful for someone at a top club.
    He's not at a top club
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    So wait a minute. The club misdiagnose the extent of Wilshere's injury and allow him to play with a busted ankle, it makes the injury worse and he's laid up for a while but we rush him back from his recover and he gets crocked again. That's not the players fault.

Ramsey had a similar situation with being rushed back from injury. Cesc had a situation where he was playing with a broken leg. The manager has admitted a several times that certain players are played into the red zone. So if Sanchez or Ozil start breaking down are we saying we can't accommodate such players into the squad because their not robust enough and we swat aside this constant injury problem that plagues players? It's not just Wilshere and Walcott. It just so happens they're our longest serving players. Gibbs is injury prone. Ox is injury prone. It's a lot of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    So wait a minute. The club misdiagnose the extent of Wilshere's injury and allow him to play with a busted ankle, it makes the injury worse and he's laid up for a while but we rush him back from his recover and he gets crocked again. That's not the players fault.

Ramsey had a similar situation with being rushed back from injury. Cesc had a situation where he was playing with a broken leg. The manager has admitted a several times that certain players are played into the red zone. So if Sanchez or Ozil start breaking down are we saying we can't accommodate such players into the squad because their not robust enough and we swat aside this constant injury problem that plagues players? It's not just Wilshere and Walcott. It just so happens they're our longest serving players. Gibbs is injury prone. Ox is injury prone. It's a lot of players.
    I have zero interest in who's fault it is. None whatsoever. That has been debated season after season across the internet, pubs, work desks and living rooms. It's a boring discussion. There is nothing new to discuss in my eyes except going over the same turgid ground reply after reply. That's my opinion on that. So all I care about is the bottom line. And on that bottom line exists the facts that I have said in my previous responses, that Wilshere and Walcott are crocks that will never develop fully at our club. I'll stay right behind them while they wear an Arsenal shirt but given their records, that won't be too much. If Ox continues down the same path this season I'll say the same thing. Same with Gibbs. Hanging onto crocks who don't play is a contradictive exercise and poor management.

You are are trying to move the argument to players will zero comparable qualities. Sanchez has reached the peak of his abilities, as has Ozil. We are talking about two players who have experienced injuries season after season and have never, and will never, be able to sustain enough consecutive seasons to realise their full potential.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott had 3 seasons where he played 28, 35 and 32 league games.
    He had the long injury which spanned 2 seasons so hasn't played so much in those 2 seasons but given that before that he was playing the majority of games, one long injury is no basis to dismiss him as a 'crock' unless it reoccurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    He's not at a top club
    He's not in the Champions League this year either.

For the second year running .

RVC .