User Tag List

Page 3 of 312 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    My opinion is that Reus is too good to pass up on and if he did want to come here then we should be all over it. He's world class, and to be brutally honest I would sacrifice one of Theo or Ox If that what it takes to get Reus here.

Can you imagine Reus and Sanchez on both flanks, oh my....
    As Arsenal fans we have a tendency to suddenly think we're too good for anything but the very best (Messi) as soon as we a get a quality player through the door (Sanchez). Imagine not seriously considering Reus for 20 million if he was actually available for that!?

As a business acquisition alone it would almost be insane not to take it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    As Arsenal fans we have a tendency to suddenly think we're too good for anything but the very best (Messi) as soon as we a get a quality player through the door (Sanchez). Imagine not seriously considering Reus for 20 million if he was actually available for that!?

As a business acquisition alone it would almost be insane not to take it up.
    Consider his wage demands too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raphael H is one of my favourite football reporters........ and it was he who said that all this abject football they've been playing has come in spite of having the best squad of players Dortmund have ever had. In view of that, I don't think losing a few of their best players even in successive seasons should be an excuse. Klopp has to take a lot of stick.

I'd be interested in knowing a few of the CB's you think are fundamentally better than Hummels outside of these shores......and why? Emirates gooner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Consider his wage demands too.
    Even with that in mind. A player of his quality could easily double/triple in value if he does as well as his talent suggests he can here. In fact 20 million is already way under priced for him. He's at Dortmund not Chelsea.

Gotze was famously on about 13k a week at Dortmund (which was a big reason for our interest in such a prestigious talent to begin with) not an age before he skipped on out of there to join Pep Guardiola and the anti tika takkers brigade.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Raphael H is one of my favourite football reporters........ and it was he who said that all this abject football they've been playing has come in spite of having the best squad of players Dortmund have ever had. In view of that, I don't think losing a few of their best players even in successive seasons should be an excuse. Klopp has to take a lot of stick.

I'd be interested in knowing a few of the CB's you think are fundamentally better than Hummels outside of these shores......and why? Emirates gooner.
    It's not that I think Hummels is a bad defender Blink, it's just I think he's become horribly overrated though that's partly due to a dearth of top CB's around. I mean, right after the World Cup and prior to Dortmund's slump you would have looked at a minimum of 35 million to even get Dortmund to the table for him which is ridiculous money. Whilst not as slow (and subsequently ridiculed) for it as Mertesacker is, he's not exactly fast either and you generally have to play him alongside a quicker CB (e.g. Boateng in the national team). He makes the odd clanger and like I alluded to in my first post, he's been the captain of the Dortmund team that are rock bottom of the table this season; he needs to take responsibility for that as that's partly due to his own poor performances.

Whilst probably a tad foolish in hindsight you do have to remember that there was a reason why Bayern decided to let Hummels go at the time in favour of Badstuber who they considered the better prospect. May be Arsenal bias, but for me Kos is a better defender than him and in fact one of the best around in the world; wouldn't trade him in for anyone.

And I completely agree with regards to RH's assessment of Klopp. He needs to take a massive share of the blame of the current predicament. You can understand them having one season not challenging and being around 5/6th or even mid table ....... but rock bottom? No way? It's not like they haven't spent money either; they've got the second highest net spent in the Bundesliga as well alongside Wolfsburg for the last couple of years I believe, though perhaps that figure should be a bit lower as they didn't get as much for their superstars as they should have (Lewandoski left on a free & Gotze had a release clause).

Still, there's no way players of the quality of Reus, Hummels, Sahin, Mkitryahan, Gundogen, Pizaweck etc etc should be anywhere near a relegation battle and the fact that they are is a damning indictment against Klopp. One of the consequences of Dortmund's slump is that it's going to make many clubs look twice at Klopp when they need a new manager ......... you would have thought he'd be a shoe in for a club like ours once Wenger leaves but probably not anymore.

It's not been as bad as the lesson I learnt after "Martinez" but seeing Klopp's current plight does give me a lot more appreciation for Wenger and his longevity and keeping us there or there abouts despite similar challenges (losing their best players etc etc). It's not as easy as people make out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's all this shite I'm seeing about Sanchez being unhappy cos the fans have voted santi player of the month the last 2 times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goal.com and their usual click bait antics apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Gooner View Post
    What's all this shite I'm seeing about Sanchez being unhappy cos the fans have voted santi player of the month the last 2 times.
    Cunts like Durham and the pond life at goal.com are writing shit about him because he's in the spotlight and they see an angle to grab a better spot on the backsteet corner near the docks.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    It's not that I think Hummels is a bad defender Blink, it's just I think he's become horribly overrated though that's partly due to a dearth of top CB's around. I mean, right after the World Cup and prior to Dortmund's slump you would have looked at a minimum of 35 million to even get Dortmund to the table for him which is ridiculous money. Whilst not as slow (and subsequently ridiculed) for it as Mertesacker is, he's not exactly fast either and you generally have to play him alongside a quicker CB (e.g. Boateng in the national team). He makes the odd clanger and like I alluded to in my first post, he's been the captain of the Dortmund team that are rock bottom of the table this season; he needs to take responsibility for that as that's partly due to his own poor performances.

Whilst probably a tad foolish in hindsight you do have to remember that there was a reason why Bayern decided to let Hummels go at the time in favour of Badstuber who they considered the better prospect. May be Arsenal bias, but for me Kos is a better defender than him and in fact one of the best around in the world; wouldn't trade him in for anyone.

And I completely agree with regards to RH's assessment of Klopp. He needs to take a massive share of the blame of the current predicament. You can understand them having one season not challenging and being around 5/6th or even mid table ....... but rock bottom? No way? It's not like they haven't spent money either; they've got the second highest net spent in the Bundesliga as well alongside Wolfsburg for the last couple of years I believe, though perhaps that figure should be a bit lower as they didn't get as much for their superstars as they should have (Lewandoski left on a free & Gotze had a release clause).

Still, there's no way players of the quality of Reus, Hummels, Sahin, Mkitryahan, Gundogen, Pizaweck etc etc should be anywhere near a relegation battle and the fact that they are is a damning indictment against Klopp. One of the consequences of Dortmund's slump is that it's going to make many clubs look twice at Klopp when they need a new manager ......... you would have thought he'd be a shoe in for a club like ours once Wenger leaves but probably not anymore.

It's not been as bad as the lesson I learnt after "Martinez" but seeing Klopp's current plight does give me a lot more appreciation for Wenger and his longevity and keeping us there or there abouts despite similar challenges (losing their best players etc etc). It's not as easy as people make out.
    Perhaps there's something in the possibility his ratings have been boosted by the dearth of top quality CB's in world football, but I suppose that would apply to anyone else too wouldn't it? Many have suggested it has with Thiago Silva and I have some sympathy for that view.

I think for the most unbiased view you'd have to ask neutrals and I doubt how many neutrals would claim Koscielny as the best in the world. ...in spite of how much we appreciate him. He has a clanger in him too.

Bayern let Hummel's go so long ago I'd forgotten it happened and I've never quite got the suggestion that he is anything like slow....but that's just my personal view. I am happy with our CB options though....finally and am actually looking forward to seeing Paulista play. I'm even enjoying Monreal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shopping List!

1, World class Goalkeeper if Ospina turns out to be dodgy. If not, a decent proven reserve Keeper like Cech.
    2, Central defender to allow Merts to go. Need one with experience in view of the others.
    3, A quality left back to allow Monreal to go.
    4, Cover at right back incase Debouch turns out to be the new Diaby.
    5, World class Defensive midfielder
    6, World class CF - proven finisher to allow Giroud to go.

Not one a year Wenger - we need the lot.