User Tag List

Page 52 of 312 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I think it's worth watching those Henry comments again because they weren't that bad. He said he was doing a good job as striker but won't win us the league. Everything said has been said before on here and still remain true.

Is it really controversial when most people on here would take Aguero over Giroud in a heartbeat? When we knew we had top quality, we wouldn't swap them for anybody.
    It's only controversial because it's a soundbite from a famous Arsenal fan to a player and turned into a headline. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players secretly thought so too. I mean, the guy hasn't scored since early April, despite playing every game. His spurt after returning from injury made it look like he was turning into something else but they have levelled out now. He is a good striker but we need at least another one like him to push on. I think getting another striker should be the priority over every other position. But it won't be of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I think it's worth watching those Henry comments again because they weren't that bad. He said he was doing a good job as striker but won't win us the league. Everything said has been said before on here and still remain true today.

Is it really controversial when most people on here would take Aguero over Giroud in a heartbeat? When we knew we had top quality, we wouldn't swap them for anybody.
    Journos and pundits who know giroud say he is fragile mentally and he doesn't have the belief that top players have. I think he has improved this season because of the extra competition but intimately, he is not a30 goal striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the top 3, we've scored the fewest. City, despite having what many view as a poor season, are way ahead in the goals column. It's their defence that's let them down. We've got a decent defence now, which has perhaps affected our strike rate, as we are more vigilant about what goes on behind the attack. We'll end with a similar amount as last year, a time when the whole defensive thing was starting to come into effect. Previous to that we scored more goals per season, when we were more gung-ho.

So if our defensive is relatively stable, the sharp edge of our team has to be improved. Sanchez is perfect where he is and Welbeck will rarely get a shout or offer enough. A 12-15 goal Prem striker will make a huge difference when Giroud is going through one of his spells. He needs real competition for his position and if the rumours are true regarding his mentality, then it would be time to toughen up or stand aside for someone else who can soak up the pressure. Oh and in this league, Ozil should be contributing more in the goals column too. Just shoot for God sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    One of my favourite Arsenal players, been very useful for us and if it wasnt for the injuries I think he would have become an all time great with us.
    Love watching him play, sometimes even more than Sanchez
    Also means he will get his testimonial end of next season
    Absolutely agree.

On Wenger's comments about adding another 10-15 goal a season player (or whatever it was he said) what is that actually going to add? If Chamberlain, Walcott, Welbeck or even Gnabry play wide and get enough games you'd expect them all to contribute goals in that region.

It's better we focus on getting a top notch forward or at least somebody who has that kind of potential. If we add another Welbeck I don't see what it really adds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanchez should be moved to the right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsay to Barca, at least we are back to normal transfer wise , in the papers with headline "hates being a wiseman"
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair......Rambo has a point, he us not a wide man pure and simple and it frustrates me to see him deployed as such......need to play him central with Santi moving to the #10 as he has more energy than Ozil......Ozil really needs to look around him not just in our team but in others Chav and Citeh to see that a hot and cold approach to the game does not cut it in the PL......I am not saying in needs to going flying around the park a la Sanchez but he needs to show more guile, more desire!

Metro, which is the worst source to follow.....has us in for Martinez and Morgan.....I say get those deals done......stop phaffing around waiting for Benzama or Khedira......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    It's only controversial because it's a soundbite from a famous Arsenal fan to a player and turned into a headline. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players secretly thought so too. I mean, the guy hasn't scored since early April, despite playing every game. His spurt after returning from injury made it look like he was turning into something else but they have levelled out now. He is a good striker but we need at least another one like him to push on. I think getting another striker should be the priority over every other position. But it won't be of course.
    No, I don't think we'll sign a new striker either. Henry's comments probably made things worse. Wenger will dig his heels in and stand by Giroud.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger rarely goes a summer without signing a striker, he's addicted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Wenger rarely goes a summer without signing an AM, he's addicted!
    The only strikers he`s addicted to are flops like Chamak. Last decent striker we bought was the bald French guy that won us the title at OT....name escapes me suddenly, with Kanu jumping 6 ft in the air over his outstretched arm....unless you add RVP, of course, and the Croatian Brazilian who got his leg blasted by an oaf.......Ah dang it, Wenger almost always buys crap.