User Tag List

Page 53 of 312 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't make any comment of the quality, just that he signs strikers.

And Wiltord! How can you forget his name?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    I didn't make any comment of the quality, just that he signs strikers.

And Wiltord! How can you forget his name?!
    Brain freeze...
    I just hope he doesnt bring Sanogo back claiming he is a new signing. Giroud has reached his ceiling and will never get more than 20 goals a season especially not in the tight games. Sadly improvements on Olivier are not readily available

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I just hope he doesnt bring Sanogo back claiming he is a new signing
    Oh god, I wish you didn't put that thought in my head...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the report about Vidal is true then forget that Morgan kid at Southampton.

Wenger will probably add another attacking player, but he probably won't be a centre forward as such...

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer Morgan to Vidal tbh.

Probably cheaper, PL ready and doesn't have Vidal's injury record.

I reckon Vidal would pull a Falcoa, Schvechenko, Veron etc etc if he came to the PL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen Vidal's a different class of player. Not confident that Schneiderlin would dominate a Real Madrid midfield over 2 legs. But if he has injury problems then forget it. That is the class of player we should be aiming for. No more projects, utility players or decent hardworking talents. Would rather have Arsenal spend £50m on Sterling and sign nobody else. Better to have 1 top player than a collection of squad fillers.

That said, Schneiderlin would be a welcome signing. About the same level as Coquelin, but adds a bit more height and gives us cover in that position. We have cover for all the rest.

Cech and a worldie in any position. Sterling, Reus, Vidal, Bale, Cavani whoever. If that doesn't work out then start looking for Bentekes and Schneiderlins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think not having to play a play off to get into the CL next season should help are bargaining power and make us a more attractive prospect for the top players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Vidal a box to box midfielder? He's much better than anything we've got but I can't see Wenger forking out for him when he's struggling to give games to the ones we already have. I said the same thing about Ozil though, so what do I know.

Schneiderlin is probably better suited but, if the past tells us anything, Wenger is never going to spend big on a DM. Just thank the footballing gods that we lucked out with Coquelin and pray he doesn't get a long term injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good comments above but what if Coquelin is out for 3 weeks or more, who would fill in.

I hope Flamini and Arteta are gone in the summer but they are not good enough anyway, especially against the big teams.

It might fall to Chambers but we need somebody better and I think Wenger will do it, but I doubt it will be Schniederlin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    I'd prefer Morgan to Vidal tbh.

Probably cheaper, PL ready and doesn't have Vidal's injury record.

I reckon Vidal would pull a Falcoa, Schvechenko, Veron etc etc if he came to the PL.
    Based on what? It's far easier for that kind of outcome with a forward than a midfielder. There are less examples of midfielders with the quality of Veron going to another league and failing to live up to expectation to that extent.

I think beyond the Pogba hype (which is mostly justified), Vidal has been the stand out player for Juventus the past few years and I'd include their strikers in that. As a midfielder he can do everything. He can provide the defensive cover we need under instruction and in games where the opposition are parking the bus he can provide the impetus going forward. He is a much better footballer than Morgan imo, should rightfully cost more and we should be willing to pay it, unless we simply want an 'understudy' to Coquelin rather than somebody to genuinely improve the team and squad. I would also say in Vidal's favour, he tends to move the ball pretty quickly and will be used to a quick tempo game with Chile.

I think Juventus tend to have a solid yet flexible midfield because Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal and to some extent Pirlo have excellent all round games....that will also mean they would probably be willing to lose one of them.