User Tag List

Page 61 of 312 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there have been many keepers better than Cech over the last 10 years, certainly not in this league anyway. I personally think he would be a cracking signing but I don't think getting a keeper is a priority, if someone like Cech wasn't available would we even be having a discussion about a new keeper?

Jury is still out on Ospina but I don't think I would categorically say he's not good enough. Chesney is a good keeper, the better of the 2 I think, but he's attitude is questionable to say the least. I think having been booted out the team he'll be better for this experience next season, perhaps the kick up the arse he needed. I remember Lehmann came back as a beast after Wenger dropped him in 2005.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP

Honestly reckon he genuinely regrets the move now. We were just at the precipice of doing something amazing and he decided to leave a year early all for one league title.

Can't blame him too much either (remember how bad we were at the time) but had he showed a tad more belief in Wenger he could have stayed, probably helped us win a league title last year (consider the end points difference) as well as a couple of FA cups. He'd be playing alongside the likes of Ozil and Sanchez as well.

As PnG says, he's not going to be remembered or welcomed anywhere once his career is over. Won't be welcomed or revered here the same way the likes of Pires, Freddie, Henry and even Vieria is despite his current Gypo connections and he's barely a footnote for Man Utd. Might not hit him now, but I suspect he'll fully recognise it once he retires.

The cunt deserves it. Perpetually injured every single with us having to waste so much resources to rehabilitation only for him to fuck off the first chance he gets. Motherfucker.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As MO says, Cech has consistently been one of the best goalkeepers in the league for the past decade. He had a dodgy season after he hurt his head but apart from that he's been one of the best, up there with the most clean sheets even in the times Chelsea have been crap.

I don't think it's impossible to win the league with either Chesney or Ospina, in fact I don't think either of them are worse than Bravo at Barca and the latter is about to win the treble for them .... however it's a lot more difficult to do if the league's a lot tighter and you don't have the riches up front that Barca do. Mourinho, LVG and Pellegrini aren't going to bend over and let us walk the league next season; it's probably going to be uber tight which is why a world class keeper is essential. A good keeper can on his own win you about a dozen or so points over the course of a season - without DDG Man United would have not finished top four and without Courtois Chelsea's final gap would have been a lot tighter.

I agree that Chesney has the potential to be one if he sorted out his attitude and antics however he also could not. Frankly it's not a risk worth taking and despite Chesney's appearing to show some humility and wanting to stay (facebook message) the club doesn't revolve around him. I really hope Arsene shows some of his old ruthlessness doesn't cave into sympathising with Chesney if Cech becomes available.

P.S. - I've been banging about this for ages but I think it's the time the club looked at seriously replacing Gerry Peyton (The GK Coach). I don't think our shit run of keepers and him being GK coach is any coincidence.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don't think there have been many keepers better than Cech over the last 10 years, certainly not in this league anyway. I personally think he would be a cracking signing but I don't think getting a keeper is a priority, if someone like Cech wasn't available would we even be having a discussion about a new keeper?

Jury is still out on Ospina but I don't think I would categorically say he's not good enough. Chesney is a good keeper, the better of the 2 I think, but he's attitude is questionable to say the least. I think having been booted out the team he'll be better for this experience next season, perhaps the kick up the arse he needed. I remember Lehmann came back as a beast after Wenger dropped him in 2005.
    I don't think the Jury is out on Ospina I think a lot of people just don't want to accept the verdict. Apart from the fact that he's too short, he has essentially cost us points (and in the case of the Chelsea game would have done if the referee hadn't chosen to exercise extreme lenience)
    It's worrying that I think of every goal we have conceded with him between the sticks and almost every one I think at the very least think a better keeper would have done better there.

Szczesny we have at least seen has the capability to be a top keeper, but the jury is out on whether he will meet his potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    RVP

Honestly reckon he genuinely regrets the move now. We were just at the precipice of doing something amazing and he decided to leave a year early all for one league title.

Can't blame him too much either (remember how bad we were at the time) but had he showed a tad more belief in Wenger he could have stayed, probably helped us win a league title last year (consider the end points difference) as well as a couple of FA cups. He'd be playing alongside the likes of Ozil and Sanchez as well.

As PnG says, he's not going to be remembered or welcomed anywhere once his career is over. Won't be welcomed or revered here the same way the likes of Pires, Freddie, Henry and even Vieria is despite his current Gypo connections and he's barely a footnote for Man Utd. Might not hit him now, but I suspect he'll fully recognise it once he retires.

The cunt deserves it. Perpetually injured every single with us having to waste so much resources to rehabilitation only for him to fuck off the first chance he gets. Motherfucker.
    If he had stayed with us, still wouldnt have won the league. Maybe 2 cups but who knows if Wenger would have bought Ozil if not for the fans meltdown after RVP left. The thought of RVP playing in front of Ozil instead of the languorous Frenchie is a drooling thought. Dont forget 250k pw.....wouldnt have got that here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed - RVP & Cesc must have got fed up with continually having to carry a team full of Wengers basement buys. Ofcourse the money plays a big part but Wenger had let the gap grow significantly between us & Utd by that stage at most players would have chosen them if they had ambition. Rather than blame the players that leave, our manager should take the major blame in not providing a team that could challenge. If we don't buy the quality needed in the summer & find ourselves 12 points behind the likes of the Chavs & Gypos next year then some on here will soon be slagging off Sanchez - the same people that currently worship him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    If there is any truth in this then I want us to get this one wrapped up early. No need to haggle or draw out the saga over the entire summer. Just get it done and move onto other targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    Agreed - RVP & Cesc must have got fed up with continually having to carry a team full of Wengers basement buys. Ofcourse the money plays a big part but Wenger had let the gap grow significantly between us & Utd by that stage at most players would have chosen them if they had ambition. Rather than blame the players that leave, our manager should take the major blame in not providing a team that could challenge. If we don't buy the quality needed in the summer & find ourselves 12 points behind the likes of the Chavs & Gypos next year then some on here will soon be slagging off Sanchez - the same people that currently worship him.
    I reluctantly agree.

At some stage venting our spleens about players gets old. In an era when players are a despicable, greedy and hold all the cards we should no longer be expecting loyalty from them, instead, we should expect the club to protect the clubs interest. Hold the fuhking player to his word/contract for once if that is what's necessary.

Sneezy in terms of raw talent is as talented as any keeper and I'd include De Gea in that but our patience should not be a bottomless well and I'm not convinced Cech is yet a has been. Ospina hasn't done an awful lot wrong but my feeling is that he is isn't top drawer and if Cech can be procured with a good deal, we should seriously consider it.

That said, as Marc Overmars suggests, the key to our title challenge won't necessarily reside with the goalkeeping situation imo.