User Tag List

Page 312 of 312 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312
Results 3,111 to 3,116 of 3116

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think that the position we most needed strengthening in at the start of the summer was goalkeeper, which we did. After that, Wenger is useless lazy cunt, he really should leave as he couldnt find his arse let alone a signing in the midfield and a forward, so I'm still disappointed we didn't do anything in those respects.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think that the position we most needed strengthening in at the start of the summer was goalkeeper, which we did. After that, it would be midfield and forward, so I'm still disappointed we didn't do anything in those respects.
    Not convinced, we needed a reliable keeper but I wouldn't have put that top of the list (keepers sometimes have bad seasons and then follow it with a very good season), our keepers weren't disasters, they did make mistakes but all keepers do.

Our lack of a quality DM has hindered us for years as has the lack of an out and out striker since rvp left.

For me a top keeper is last on the list, the outfield players like strikers play a bigger part, we've had keepers that weren't top class (like Lehmann) and still won trophies, having a top keeper is a bonus.
    Last edited by Özim; 05-09-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incidentally IMO we'll never see another Vieira type player at the club whilst Wenger is here, which is surprising as he was such a key signing, he made such a huge difference from the day he arrived, you only need to look at the impact Toure has at Man City to understands the merits of such a player, Wenger however has different ideas he doesn't seem to bring any kind of physicality into his team, preferring ball players (too many of them).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Incidentally IMO we'll never see another Vieira type player at the club whilst Wenger is here, which is surprising as he was such a key signing, he made such a huge difference from the day he arrived, you only need to look at the impact Toure has at Man City to understands the merits of such a player, Wenger however has different ideas he doesn't seem to bring any kind of physicality into his team, preferring ball players (too many of them).
    He seems to believe a 33 year old non-DM who played 11 times last season and never starts a game, a 31-year old who is only here because he couldn't agree terms with Galatasaray and is hardly even on the bench, another 31-year old who obviously prefers attacking more than helping Coquelin, Wilshere who is injured more than he plays and a guy he lucked out with who has yet to play a full season of football in this league - all have enough amongst them to suddenly improve the heartbeat of our midfield. It's quite astonishing really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    He seems to believe a 33 year old non-DM who played 11 times last season and never starts a game, a 31-year old who is only here because he couldn't agree terms with Galatasaray and is hardly even on the bench, another 31-year old who obviously prefers attacking more than helping Coquelin, Wilshere who is injured more than he plays and a guy he lucked out with who has yet to play a full season of football in this league - all have enough amongst them to suddenly improve the heartbeat of our midfield. It's quite astonishing really.
    I know some people say Wenger isn't an idiot, but he does show a lot of evidence that's he's not all that smart at times with his decision making, he talks a good game however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this thread still open?
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..