Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger out!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although, to be fair, that worked. It has now stopped raining.

Wenger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, this is summer is it?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    People talk about the weather when they have actually nothing to say to each other

My nephew at his nursery is being taught stock phrases like "it's raining outside", he's being taught the English predilection for banal small talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So, this is summer is it?

Global warming
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Reynholm View Post
    Global warming
    Do you really want to get NQ involved in this, he'll have spotted this a mile off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    People talk about the weather when they have actually nothing to say to each other

My nephew at his nursery is being taught stock phrases like "it's raining outside", he's being taught the English predilection for banal small talk
    Comes in useful when participating in an English queue. One doesn't want to engage in the queuing ritual armed only with the single phrase, "I'm so sorry, but I think, perhaps, I was ahead of you."

As for the warmists - they seem to have gone quiet of late. I think they are working on their alien invasion scenario.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Comes in useful when participating in an English queue. One doesn't want to engage in the queuing ritual armed only with the single phrase, "I'm so sorry, but I think, perhaps, I was ahead of you."

As for the warmists - they seem to have gone quiet of late. I think they are working on their alien invasion scenario.
    Maybe they are like me, I think there is something to be said for man made climate change but I don't need to shout about it. In the same way I can't be bothered to debate people on the referendum anymore.

Conversing about the weather is because we don't feel comfortable admitting we have nothing to say to each other. Why is that?...I suppose if you don't make the effort to talk to someone when you are forced by circumstance into their proximity they will think you rude.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)